UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> How competitive will Cormier vs Mir be?

4/17/13 6:59 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
John M
229 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 04/17/13 6:59 PM

Look, Frank Mir is a great fighter. But I'll be honest, DC's standup is better, obviously better wrestling, and I think Cormier's athleticism advantage will be huge. I see a first or second round TKO for Cormier, the only way I see Mir winning is if he's rocked and Cormier gets sloppy and caught in a sub, similar to the Brock fight.

Thoughts?
4/17/13 7:35 PM
dahosse
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dc is faster on the feet, Mir won't be able to take him down, and dc won't have any interest in taking it to the ground. I expect Mir to get roughed up pretty good. Maybe tko'ed. Phone Post 3.0
4/17/13 7:38 PM
Roy Batty
138 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It's going to be reminiscent of Mir vs. JDS, IMO.
4/17/13 7:42 PM
TheShogunEra
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Not even close Phone Post 3.0
4/17/13 7:55 PM
MattBFD
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This is definitely DC's fight to lose. I Hate to say it but JDS absolutely clowned Mir and I hope that Mir has reinvented himself for this one. Phone Post 3.0
4/17/13 7:56 PM
Humanityisthedevil
25 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I have no idea, which is why I think this is a good match up. Cormier killed Bigfoot with speed and looked good against Barnett, but this is a test which should give a much more clear idea of where he stands. Say what you will about Frank, but you can't deny that he's a well rounded heavyweight who is well established at the top of the division.
4/17/13 7:58 PM
Matt A Tat Tat On Dat Azz
35 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mir is too old already, probably retires after this fight.
4/17/13 8:00 PM
HBwrestler

It will look just like DC vs Barnett.

4/17/13 8:18 PM
OSBtro11

Lol. It will be DC's toughest fight . Don't be foolish you guys. He's never competed at this level before. Phone Post
4/17/13 8:20 PM
MMALOGIC

I dont think Mir is gonna submit him...  DC is gonna dictate where this fight takes place so why would he take it to the ground with mir?

This fight will be decided on the feet.  if Mir can outstrike cormier then he'll likely win.  if the opposite then DC will win.

4/17/13 8:31 PM
ShawnTheBadger
428 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

OSBtro11 -  Lol. It will be DC's toughest fight . Don't be foolish you guys. He's never competed at this level before. Phone Post

It could easily be argued that Barnett and Bigfoot are at the same approximate level as Mir. 

4/17/13 8:41 PM
whoabro

Agree w OP Phone Post 3.0
4/17/13 8:48 PM
Lobo8

Mir will get destroyed and probably knocked out by the third round. The only thing he has for cormier is his subs but no way cormier even bothers to stay on ground long enough to get caught.
4/17/13 8:55 PM
Endowedwelter
32 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ShawnTheBadger -
OSBtro11 -  Lol. It will be DC's toughest fight . Don't be foolish you guys. He's never competed at this level before. Phone Post

It could easily be argued that Barnett and Bigfoot are at the same approximate level as Mir. 

Please do, argue what Josh has done to keep up with Mir as of late. Phone Post
4/17/13 8:56 PM
Humanityisthedevil
25 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Yeah, it's hard to know where Barnett really stands in the division these days since he's been fighting mostly second tier competition for the past seven years. I think Frank is his best test to date.
4/17/13 9:03 PM
BRZ

Matt A Tat Tat On Dat Azz - Mir is too old already, probably retires after this fight.
Isn't DC older than Mir? Phone Post 3.0
4/17/13 9:06 PM
Humanityisthedevil

Underground Blargh - 

going into the fight,  A LOT of people thought Barnett would win, the betting lines were close as well.

lol@people starting to rag on Barnett after the fact.

and also, Bigfoot>Murr

Barnett is a great heavyweight, but at this point it's impossible to tell where he fits in with the top of the division
4/17/13 9:07 PM
allforroy
69 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Endowedwelter -
ShawnTheBadger -

Please do, argue what Josh has done to keep up with Mir as of late. Phone Post
If you had to bet your life on who wins Mir or Barnett, you pick Mir?

Not me...no way. Phone Post 3.0
4/17/13 9:07 PM
BrianStannFan
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Nucky - 

Mur takes DC's arm home with him and De-rails the hype train uriah hall style.

lol comparing Daniel Cormier to Uriah Hall.

4/17/13 9:09 PM
Lobo8

BRZ - 
Matt A Tat Tat On Dat Azz - Mir is too old already, probably retires after this fight.
Isn't DC older than Mir? Phone Post 3.0

Mir has wayyyyy More "fighting" miles on him. Hes been blasted in the head way too much and is on trt. He needs to retire already.
4/17/13 9:15 PM
Authority Figure

would be bad argument

4/17/13 9:16 PM
GuillotineNoCanDefend

Gonna be an interesting fight, especially if Cormier decides to take it to the ground. Standup I think Cormier is faster and has the advantage.
4/17/13 9:23 PM
Immaculata
71 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TITAN Combat/TITAN Grappling Open, Promoter
It's an awesome match up in so many ways. Initially, I thought Cormier for the Win, no problem. Then, I thought of how accomplished Frank is, and the other variables included in this match up. Plus it's FREE! I can't wait.
4/17/13 9:24 PM
Immaculata
71 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 04/17/13 9:25 PM
TITAN Combat/TITAN Grappling Open, Promoter
Dbl.
4/17/13 9:25 PM
SinCityHustler

Nucky - 

Mur takes DC's arm home with him and De-rails the hype train uriah hall style.

So Mir wins a disputed, split decision over DC?  Nah, you're dreaming.  

Cormier throttles Mir with combinations and hurts him early and often.  A bloodied and battered Frank Mir resorts to classic BJJ in the end as he butt flops repeatedly until he is caught with a vicious combination that puts him to sleep.  Cormier then announces he is dropping to 205 ane will face Chael at the New Years Eve show for the light heavyweight championship in a true and epic battle of elite, world class wrestlers.    

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.