UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Angela Magana's long recovery from car accidents

4/18/13 11:48 AM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1027 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

Carla Esparza and Angela Magana were scheduled to fight for a 115-pound women's title bout at Pandemonium 6 on March 3, 2012 in Riverside, California.

Magana dropped out of the contest on the day of the fight, citing a car accident and subsequent hospitalization. It would have been little more than an unfortunate footnote, except that Esparza, now the Invicta FC strawweight champion, says flatly that the accident never happened.

A second accident, one year and one week later on March 9 in Kingman, Arizona once again forced Magana off a championship fight, this time for the Xtreme Fighting Championships.

Both fighters came on the UG and offered their side of what happened.

Here we go. The accident i got into before esparza fight was day of fight. I didnt brake my back i had nerve damage that kept me in the hospital 4 days and a 30k hospital bill, hardly anything I can fake. I take much humor in knowing that Esparza is soooo full of shit and herself that she would make up lies and claims because im afraid hahahaha. We had a lil convo on twitter recently and now I hear the reason i "faked" the accident was i was on roids and afraid to get tested , thats a huge compliment for me. I look so ripped and cut that i look like i do roids! i thanked her for that. I hardly steped on the mat 3 weeks later it was over 10 weeks n my first time being on the mat since before accident. I BROKE MY BACK IN 07 FALLING 3 STORIES. i then took a fight while still in bodycast and fought 5 weeks out of it. Esparza can say whatever lies she wants i know the truth and thats all that matters. I have never ducked anything or anyone. As a journalist who wants success id think getting both sides would be prudent to journalism. still laughing at the 3 weeks comment.

thank you for your get well wishes ;)

--

Let’s just say a fan did a little research, no accident around the day or time occurred anywhere near where/when you claimed it did. No evidence of a police report, pictures of the damaged vehicle ever arose. You claimed you had a “broken L2, but no nerve damage”(taken from your March 3, 2012 fb post). SO plain and simple, you are a liar.
And yes, you are right, your wrestling tournament in which you took 1st place, took place 6 weeks after your supposed March 3rd car accident. Must have been because you still had one more fight to flake out of, your March 30th fight with Tara Larosa. You have “injured out” of more fights then anyone in wmma history, against top notch opponents like: Megumi Fuji, Rosi Sexton, me, Tara Larosa, Eggink, the list goes on.
And yes, you were possibly scared of me, the drug test, or some other thing, I refuse to try and figure you and your reasoning out.  The commission made a big deal announcing “everyone will be tested tomorrow, if you do not show up for ANY reason, your license will be revoked.” You just went on a little ride the morning of your fight, didn’t tell anyone, and you were magically in the hospital.
I do not hate you or have ill will against you Angela, I just do not respect you. And don’t bother calling me out, I’m the one who showed up on March 3rd 2012 ready to fight, not you.

4/18/13 12:21 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Helgaiden
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

A car accident the day before her fight with Carla Esparza got that fight cancelled too (barely any mention of it in that article) at Pandemonium 6 in Riverside, CA. Carla is the 115llb champ in invicta. I really wanted to watch that fight. Fortunately 2 fighters i know and 1 i trained with were still there to keep the entertainment up, but still wanted to see that fight. Ive talked to Carla about Ms.Magana since then and she told me she heard that Ms.Magana was competing in a wrestling thing 3 weeks after that accident, which Magana posted on Facebook was a spinal injury i beleive, and that several attempts at re-booking the fight didnt pan out. Others would call that ducking, i wont go as far as to say that. Beyond that, i wish Ms.Magana a speedy recovery and hope to see her win that belt!

...and possibly a champion vs champion fight in the future if Ms.Magana jumps to Invicta after XFC and Carla still has the title.

:)
4/18/13 12:42 PM
Ch1ef
411 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I am pretty sure I read that she'd broken her back in that first car accident.

4/18/13 12:58 PM
88samurai88
255 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I Read the full story..wish her a speedy recovery.. Bad luck to happen 1 year apart from the first accident i would stay off the road next year around the same time. Phone Post 3.0
4/18/13 5:09 PM
Tru
103 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Click For MMA Videos
Helgaiden - A car accident the day before her fight with Carla Esparza got that fight cancelled too (barely any mention of it in that article) at Pandemonium 6 in Riverside, CA. Carla is the 115llb champ in invicta. I really wanted to watch that fight. Fortunately 2 fighters i know and 1 i trained with were still there to keep the entertainment up, but still wanted to see that fight. Ive talked to Carla about Ms.Magana since then and she told me she heard that Ms.Magana was competing in a wrestling thing 3 weeks after that accident, which Magana posted on Facebook was a spinal injury i beleive, and that several attempts at re-booking the fight didnt pan out. Others would call that ducking, i wont go as far as to say that. Beyond that, i wish Ms.Magana a speedy recovery and hope to see her win that belt!

...and possibly a champion vs champion fight in the future if Ms.Magana jumps to Invicta after XFC and Carla still has the title.

I could be wrong and if I am my apologies, but I thought the accident happened on the way to the fight with carla?  Not the day before?  

4/18/13 6:23 PM
Helgaiden
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Tru - 
Helgaiden - A car accident the day before her fight with Carla Esparza got that fight cancelled too (barely any mention of it in that article) at Pandemonium 6 in Riverside, CA. Carla is the 115llb champ in invicta. I really wanted to watch that fight. Fortunately 2 fighters i know and 1 i trained with were still there to keep the entertainment up, but still wanted to see that fight. Ive talked to Carla about Ms.Magana since then and she told me she heard that Ms.Magana was competing in a wrestling thing 3 weeks after that accident, which Magana posted on Facebook was a spinal injury i beleive, and that several attempts at re-booking the fight didnt pan out. Others would call that ducking, i wont go as far as to say that. Beyond that, i wish Ms.Magana a speedy recovery and hope to see her win that belt!

I could be wrong and if I am my apologies, but I thought the accident happened on the way to the fight with carla?  Not the day before?  

Its been a while, you could very well be right.
4/19/13 10:07 AM
ANGELAMAGANA
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

comment

4/19/13 10:14 AM
Letibleu
1611 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ANGELAMAGANA - 

comment

Welcome to the UG :)

4/19/13 10:19 AM
ANGELAMAGANA
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ok my comment wouldnt post. Here we go. The accident i got into before esparza fight was day of fight. I didnt brake my back i had nerve damage that kept me in the hospital 4 days and a 30k hospital bill, hardly anything I can fake. I take much humor in knowing that Esparza is soooo full of shit and herself that she would make up lies and claims because im afraid hahahaha. We had a lil convo on twitter recently and now I hear the reason i "faked" the accident was i was on roids and afraid to get tested , thats a huge compliment for me. I look so ripped and cut that i look like i do roids! i thanked her for that. I hardly steped on the mat 3 weeks later it was over 10 weeks n my first time being on the mat since before accident. I BROKE MY BACK IN 07 FALLING 3 STORIES. i then took a fight while still in bodycast and fought 5 weeks out of it. Esparza can say whatever lies she wants i know the truth and thats all that matters. I have never ducked anything or anyone. As a journalist who wants success id think getting both sides would be prudent to journalism. still laughing at the 3 weeks comment.

4/19/13 10:22 AM
ANGELAMAGANA

Letibleu - 
ANGELAMAGANA - 

comment

Welcome to the UG :)

thank you!

4/19/13 10:32 AM
Letibleu
1611 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 04/19/13 10:32 AM

4/23/13 12:46 PM
Helgaiden

ANGELAMAGANA - 

ok my comment wouldnt post. Here we go. The accident i got into before esparza fight was day of fight. I didnt brake my back i had nerve damage that kept me in the hospital 4 days and a 30k hospital bill, hardly anything I can fake. I take much humor in knowing that Esparza is soooo full of shit and herself that she would make up lies and claims because im afraid hahahaha. We had a lil convo on twitter recently and now I hear the reason i "faked" the accident was i was on roids and afraid to get tested , thats a huge compliment for me. I look so ripped and cut that i look like i do roids! i thanked her for that. I hardly steped on the mat 3 weeks later it was over 10 weeks n my first time being on the mat since before accident. I BROKE MY BACK IN 07 FALLING 3 STORIES. i then took a fight while still in bodycast and fought 5 weeks out of it. Esparza can say whatever lies she wants i know the truth and thats all that matters. I have never ducked anything or anyone. As a journalist who wants success id think getting both sides would be prudent to journalism. still laughing at the 3 weeks comment.

Im no journalist so i could dgaf whether i get things wrong or right, but im not sure that part was aimed at me. The rest is hearsay. And to the rest of that, i say you're a warrior having been thru all that doing what you did. Welcome to the UG and enjoy your stay :)

4/23/13 12:51 PM
ku3mm3t
28 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wow. You're awesome. Welcome to the UG.

Wish you the best in recovery.
4/23/13 1:12 PM
RyannVonDoom
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Let's hope carla and stephanie get to air their sides also. Phone Post 3.0
4/23/13 1:24 PM
Nexuscrawlers
68 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ku3mm3t - Wow. You're awesome. Welcome to the UG.

Wish you the best in recovery.

this!

4/23/13 1:26 PM
Tat2tillidie
357 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Welcome to the UG !!! Wishing you a speedy recovery ... Phone Post 3.0
4/23/13 2:44 PM
RyannVonDoom
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Expect a response soon. Just sayin. 

4/23/13 4:10 PM
CarlaEsparza
39 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Let’s just say a fan did a little research, no accident around the day or time occurred anywhere near where/when you claimed it did. No evidence of a police report, pictures of the damaged vehicle ever arose. You claimed you had a “broken L2, but no nerve damage”(taken from your March 3, 2012 fb post). SO plain and simple, you are a liar.
And yes, you are right, your wrestling tournament in which you took 1st place, took place 6 weeks after your supposed March 3rd car accident. Must have been because you still had one more fight to flake out of, your March 30th fight with Tara Larosa. You have “injured out” of more fights then anyone in wmma history, against top notch opponents like: Megumi Fuji, Rosi Sexton, me, Tara Larosa, Eggink, the list goes on.
And yes, you were possibly scared of me, the drug test, or some other thing, I refuse to try and figure you and your reasoning out.  The commission made a big deal announcing “everyone will be tested tomorrow, if you do not show up for ANY reason, your license will be revoked.” You just went on a little ride the morning of your fight, didn’t tell anyone, and you were magically in the hospital.
I do not hate you or have ill will against you Angela, I just do not respect you. And don’t bother calling me out, I’m the one who showed up on March 3rd 2012 ready to fight, not you.

4/23/13 4:14 PM
Ch1ef
411 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Oh snaps.
4/23/13 4:55 PM
bcolflesh
91 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

http://youtu.be/6Uc1Lr4x0W4
4/23/13 5:08 PM
Big Pun
48 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

IN!
4/23/13 5:09 PM
Jack Carter
546 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Not a single pic of her on this thread yer Phone Post 3.0
4/23/13 5:15 PM
Nole_pride85
25 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

CarlaEsparza -

Sh*t just got real Phone Post 3.0
4/23/13 5:15 PM
Big Pun
48 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Let's see what steroids you speak of. PICS!
4/23/13 5:59 PM
Jack Carter
546 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Jack Carter - Not a single pic of her on this thread yer Phone Post 3.0

correction: not on iphone

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.