UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Boxer Fury: MMA is rubbish

4/18/13 1:05 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1030 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

Tyson Fury is undefeated in twenty professional boxing fights and is scheduled to compete this Saturday. Fury has famously gone back and forth with MMA fighters Michael Bisping and Cain Velasquez in the media, and today reignited the verbal sparring in talking with ESPN's Franklin McNeil:

“Absolutely, one hundred-million percent,” the 24-year-old Fury said of his desire to fight Velasquez. “I’ve challenged Cain Velasquez to a fight three times. He’s a little boy who doesn’t want to fight. He said no, live on TV.”

There is no doubt in Fury’s mind that he would destroy Velasquez in a fight -- whether it’s under boxing or mixed martial arts rules doesn’t matter to him. The 6-foot-9, 250-pound Fury, who does not respect Velasquez or MMA, simply wants a chance to prove his point.

“I would take Cain Velasquez out,” Fury said. “MMA to me is bulls---. It’s for people who can’t box and like wrestling on the floor. It’s rubbish.

“I’m going to show on Saturday what I’m all about, why I’m this confident and why I’m here to fight.”

read entire article...

4/18/13 1:13 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
RyannVonDoom
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Furyseluppercut.gif

Everytime he speaks about mma that needs to be shown to him. Phone Post 3.0
4/18/13 1:17 PM
Garv
235 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ban April 1st, Please!

If it's rubbish, why is he so obssessed with it?

4/18/13 1:17 PM
UGCTT_JediMMA
192 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Othello -
“I’m going to show on Saturday what I’m all about, why I’m this confident and why I’m here to fight.”

You're not there to fight douchebag, you're there to box. Any trained MMArtist even close to his weight would destroy him in a fight.
Yeah I thought the same when I read "fight"

Douchebag gunna douche Phone Post 3.0
4/18/13 1:18 PM
Tad Ghostal
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Tyson Fury; the Chael Sonnen of Boxing.
4/18/13 1:20 PM
GuillotineNoCanDefend

James Tony part deuce if he ever attempts MMA. No business calling out Cain when he wouldn't get through Schaub.
4/18/13 1:20 PM
JerodR
75 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm glad he is a great boxer...that being said that is all he is. Any trained mixed martial artist would destroy him in a real fight, and that is a fact.

He may be dominant in a world where you can't use elbows, takedowns, submissions, throws, or any other fighting technique other than your fists. In a world with tons of rules and limitations he is great. However, in the real world he is just another guy in the fetal position wondering why his arm is facing the wrong way and why he has the taste of a knee in his mouth.
4/18/13 1:22 PM
MTH
140 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Just hype. Trying to peel eyeballs away from MMA and bring them back to boxing matches--especially his boxing match.

Not to mention that he (no doubt like many other boxers) is surely missing the prestige that used to be implied by being the recognized world heavyweight boxing champ. You were the "baddest man on the planet." These guys are competitive and undoubtedly relish that kind of ego stroke. With MMA's rise however, all of a sudden many (including the media) seem to believe that the de facto title of "baddest man" belongs to the UFC's HW champ. That's got to piss a lot of these boxers off.

Velasquez would, obviously, crush Fury under MMA rules. I don't think any amount of sprawl and brawl training could save him either--the disparity in wrestling and ground skill is enormous.

In fairness, Fury would no doubt do the same to Velasquez under boxing rules. Phone Post 3.0
4/18/13 1:22 PM
MickColins
137 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

4/18/13 1:24 PM
Zed Wayne Zed
100 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'd love top watch a 135 pound black belt tap him
about twenty times in a row.

Boxing is awesome.

Boxers talking trash about something they have no clue about is so passe.

4/18/13 1:27 PM
RyannVonDoom

MickColins -

4/18/13 1:29 PM
DaleSonnen

right when i saw this headline I went on youtube to hear what he says... what a delusional bastard... I hope he gets his head knocked off tomorrow night in MSG..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qk4q-6kqeFU
4/18/13 1:30 PM
maxbrothersinc
55 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

That fight would look like the Don't Mess With the Sasquatch commercial.
4/18/13 1:30 PM
Fabes
152 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mixed Martial Arts LLC, Moderator
GSP would beat him easily. Cain would cripple him. Phone Post 3.0
4/18/13 1:49 PM
leftlegtrumpcard
45 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

KingofBJJ - Well he does have a point: MMA is more geared toward wrestling/grappling than striking.

He does have another point in that very few if any MMA fighters can compete with a professional boxer under boxing rules.

At some point MMA should remove the grappling part, as it is used by most fighters to stall.

Grappling should end after a throw or takedown, unless it leads to a submission.
Not sure if serious? Why u make my head hurt? Phone Post
4/18/13 1:54 PM
DaleSonnen

I really do believe there are 4 mini Bisping's living in this Moran. Even tho he pulls the same shit Chael does by sayin he's the best and bla bla bla, this guy actually believes it and says some dumb shit.. I hope this turd gets flushed before it starts to stink the sport up..
4/18/13 1:55 PM
rampageforpresident

Ah, fuck it, do a james toney part 2 and let a ufc fighter smash this idiot
4/18/13 1:56 PM
DaleSonnen

KingofBJJ - Well he does have a point: MMA is more geared toward wrestling/grappling than striking.

He does have another point in that very few if any MMA fighters can compete with a professional boxer under boxing rules.

At some point MMA should remove the grappling part, as it is used by most fighters to stall.

Grappling should end after a throw or takedown, unless it leads to a submission.

your name is KingogBJJ and you actually said Grappling should be removed? Sounds like to me someone needs to go play in traffic...
4/18/13 1:58 PM
DaleSonnen

Reed Rothchild - Who? Phone Post 3.0

Tyson Fury, sorry I forgot to say who I was talking about
4/18/13 1:58 PM
Outlaw'd by Lytle

Tyson Fury is a clown.

His comments shouldn't be making the front page of an MMA site.

Stop giving him the airtime he craves. Treat his disrespect with the contempt it deserves. Phone Post 3.0
4/18/13 2:05 PM
cokellbrains

As a Brit I hate this uneducated cunt. Talking nonsense about a subject he knows nothing about. Phone Post 3.0
Britain`s #1 Skin Flute Player

Fury`s fighting in the US on Saturday night vs Steve Cunningham.

He`s just trying to get attention & make himself known in America, he knows that mma is very popular in the US.
TheLuckyMilkMan
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

KingofBJJ - Well he does have a point: MMA is more geared toward wrestling/grappling than striking.

your a troll but i will reply. why not take striking out of boxing and add wrestling... its where fights end up most the time if one fighter knows how. that would also make it not boxing anymore.

4/18/13 2:10 PM
Chimp Strength
117 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Outlaw'd by Lytle - Tyson Fury is a clown.

His comments shouldn't be making the front page of an MMA site.

Stop giving him the airtime he craves. Treat his disrespect with the contempt it deserves. Phone Post 3.0
This is exactly what I came to say. Everyone knows he's a bum, I don't hear anyone over here getting behind this fool. Hope Price knocks him out before he ever gets near a Klitschko. Phone Post 3.0
4/18/13 2:12 PM
deadlysyn

Ok lets take boxing vs MMA out of the equation and look at boxing vs other types of striking and the rule set it any strike are allowed as long as two fighters stay standing. 

A decent Muah Thai striker could cause a lot of problems for a boxer because of the knees and the clinch. A striker like Machida could cause a hell of a lot of issues to a boxer because of the defensive stance and kicks. A fighter like Aldo or Petis could be hell for a boxer because of crazy kicks and especially those killer low kicks. The boxer stance is terrible because they will eat low kicks all day from someone that throws them well. The front foot forward back leg back martial arts stance makes it hard for boxers to hit the head. Boxers usually stand more square making them a bigger target and less agile. And the boxer killer is front kicks and spining back kicks from a distance. 

Boxing is a great sport in its own and I dont want to take anything away from it. Its amazing to see someone that is great at it, it can be very techical. But to down other martial arts and saying they are shit and making it seem like nothing is better then boxing is just stupid because other forms of striking you don't even have to be amazing to take out a really good boxer. 

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.