UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> White: Meniere's Disease '100% cured'

4/18/13 4:31 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1160 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

UFC President Dana White has been battle Meniere's diesease for over a year. The disease is an inner ear disorder that affects balance and hearing and does not have any known cure. White underwent a procedure earlier this year that did not help, but told Jay Mohr today on ESPN radio, that he recently underwent another procedure in Germany that seems to have done the trick:

White revealed to Mohr that he had a stem cell procedure done in Germany following the UFC on FUEL TV 9 card that has cured him. Apparently a conversation White had with New York Yankees third baseman Alex Rodriguez prompted him to check out stem cell procedures done in Germany that could ease the symptoms of the disease which is currently known to have no cure.

"Well, A-Rod from the Yankees, hit me up and told me that when he was hurt Kobe called him and they both went to Germany and did this stem cell stuff. Right. So he says listen bro, I don’t know if this is going to help you, but I’ll tell you what it’s worth a shot. Well long story short, we had the fight out to Sweden. I went to Germany. I got the stem cells. Dude, I am 100 percent cured.

“I am 100 percent a new guy, man. I’m working out again. I’m doing all the things that I used to do. I’m traveling. My life is back,” White said. “All they do is they go in there, they take your blood, they incubate it, they spin it and add stuff to it. I don’t know what the hell they do, I’m no scientist. I’m a million bucks now, man. I couldn’t feel better.”

read entire article...

4/18/13 4:32 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Dirty Harold
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

lol nice
4/18/13 4:33 PM
TEX4N
272 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Great fucken news ! Phone Post 3.0
4/18/13 4:34 PM
2Fort
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Holy shit, that's fucking amazing! Great to hear!
4/18/13 4:35 PM
6ULDV8
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

That's awesome.

4/18/13 4:37 PM
Kirik
1733 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The UnderGround, Mayor

Awesome news. I get vestibular migraines occassionally with similar symptoms, and it is a really bad deal.

4/18/13 4:38 PM
Spack
37 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Compared to a potential lifetime in a wheelchair like he had mentioned, that's so awesome. Great news for dfw jr, I'm happy for him.
4/18/13 4:41 PM
DWray
37 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I hope it's long-lasting and not just short-term relief.

But either way that's incredible.
4/18/13 4:41 PM
TheAssMurderer
71 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

awesome news

4/18/13 4:42 PM
per
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

That is awesome. Regardless of what some people think, stem cell research seems like it will be an amazing thing for people, it already is for many.

4/18/13 4:44 PM
stonepony

DWray - I hope it's long-lasting and not just short-term relief.

But either way that's incredible.

He's probably walking on egg shells and getting panic attacks any time he thinks he might be feeling the onset of old symptoms.

Didn't he sacrifice the hearing in one ear when he had that surgery? Ugh...
4/18/13 4:44 PM
ThatKickDidntHuroooohhhhhhhh
446 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Awesome!!

4/18/13 4:48 PM
Pure
46 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

That's great news!

That could not have been fun as much as he travels.

Happy for ya Dana.

4/18/13 4:50 PM
Skeezy420
40 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

And in other news, the rich and famous have to travel overseas to get their healthcare done correctly because Universal Healthcare will make all our doctors quit and only sucky ones will stay. Ironic.

PS: Shout out to G.W. Bush for shooting down stem cell research here in the states. The other countries overseas thank you for basically donating millions of dollars to them with that decision.
4/18/13 4:50 PM
stickman
57 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He also said Tito wouldn't be 100% back ;-)

I suffer from a medical condition that will be around for my whole life so I can only imagine his happiness that that weight is off his shoulders! Good on ya, Dana!
4/18/13 4:51 PM
Diazed And Confused
68 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

FUCK YEAH! Congrats mate, you deserve it. Phone Post 3.0
4/18/13 4:53 PM
UGCTT_JediMMA
202 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fuck yeah DFW! Celebs and money FTW!!!

No but in all seriousness, that's great news. Phone Post 3.0
4/18/13 4:56 PM
buckshot44
62 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Cool, would like to know more about this stem cell stuff.  Why Germany?  Assuming they don't offer that over here?

4/18/13 4:57 PM
Vote me down

Grats DANA!!!

aarondramp
178 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Here's a little thing on blood spinning. It activates your own stem cells - they don't come from somewhere else. This is nothing like stem cell therapies that have been discussed.

http://www.hss.edu/newsroom_prp-treatment-potential-for-knee-osteoarthritis.asp

Glad Dana is well. I imagine what he has was excruciating.
Diazed And Confused
68 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Was it Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) therapy? Phone Post 3.0
UGCTT_FryedTakayama
811 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

4/18/13 4:58 PM
UGCTT_THE Kevin Chandler
172 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Throwin in there at the end and didn't see anyone else bring it up, but apparently BLAF recomended Freddie Roach to the same treatment as it's been known to help Parkinsons.

Would be awesome if Freddie could get his Parkinson's treated with this.

4/18/13 4:59 PM
herwil10
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

buckshot44 - 

Cool, would like to know more about this stem cell stuff.  Why Germany?  Assuming they don't offer that over here?

This is the procedure: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Orthokine

The reason Kobe, A-Rod, and other athletes travel to Germany for their biologic treatments involves a vague FDA regulation that mandates that all human tissues (such as blood and bone marrow) can only be "minimally manipulated," or else they are classified as a drug and subject to much stricter governmental regulations. The problem, of course, is figuring out what "minimal" means in the context of biologics. Can the blood be heated to a higher temperature, as with Regenokine? Spun in a centrifuge? Can certain proteins be filtered out?2 Nobody knows the answer to these questions, and most American doctors are unwilling to risk the ire of regulators.

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/7796225/kobe-bryant-dr-chris-renna-regenokine-knee-treatment
4/18/13 5:00 PM
Enemies

Congrats Dana for being done with that nightmare.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.