UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> White: GSP could fight Silva or Hendricks next

4/18/13 11:32 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1027 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

Today UFC President Dana White had a scrum with the MMA media and discussed, among other things, what could be next for welterweight champion Georges St-Pierre:

"I am literally going to call Georges St. Pierre today and see what he wants to do [next]," said White. "I think if Jon Jones beats Chael Sonnen [at UFC 159] then we have to wait [for the outcome of] Anderson Silva and his fight against Chris Weidman. Maybe [Georges] wants to fight Anderson if he wins [at UFC 162]."

"If Georges says to me, 'I want to fight Anderson,' do you think I'm going to go, 'No you're not, you're fight Johny Hendricks!'" White said.

"It would not vacate the 170-pound title if he lost that fight [to Anderson]," White said. "He could still go down [after a loss to Silva] and fight Hendricks for the [Welterweight] title."

read entire article...

4/18/13 11:38 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Rudi
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

YukiNakai'sEye - GSP knows Weidman is winning. Phone Post
You are on bath salts. Phone Post
4/18/13 11:47 PM
dbeedy
125 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm sure Johnny Hendricks loves that news Phone Post 3.0
4/18/13 11:48 PM
inf0
301 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

lol SIlva or Hendricks.. one is an awesome idea the other puts me the fuck asleep.. make the right decision folks.. We don't give a shit about Hendricks and his title shot. Lets be honest here.

4/18/13 11:58 PM
KrzyBnzJnz
53 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

inf0 - 

lol SIlva or Hendricks.. one is an awesome idea the other puts me the fuck asleep.. make the right decision folks.. We don't give a shit about Hendricks and his title shot. Lets be honest here.

this
4/18/13 11:59 PM
Oontyex

Make gsp happen pleeeease.
Sucks for Hendrix, but the number 1 p4p vs 2 (or 3?) clearly takes priority Phone Post 3.0
4/19/13 12:05 AM
easedel

FFS give the super fight bullshit a rest. This all caters to Silva. He gets his big pay day off the back of GSP then retires. It will stall both the WW & MW divisions also.

4/19/13 12:09 AM
kevsh
28 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"If Georges says to me, 'I want to fight Anderson,'..."

So basically it's not happening, again.
4/19/13 12:18 AM
bruised
247 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

inf0 -

I give a shit, dude has seriously earned it. Phone Post 3.0
4/19/13 12:20 AM
inf0
301 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

GSP vs Hendricks is equivalent to socks for Christmas and bars of soap in your stocking.. get teh fuck outta here

4/19/13 12:21 AM
TheOne
92 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I understand that Johnny is probably gonna bitch and moan, its his right to do so... BUT this will be the biggest superfight in the history of the sport, so Johnny should realize that and sulk in silence.
4/19/13 12:26 AM
stonepony

bruised - 
inf0 -

I give a shit too... Look what he's done in his last fights. He could be the guy to put Georges down.
4/19/13 12:27 AM
stonepony

Silva vs GSP should happen, so should Silva vs Anderson. This isn't boxing. We should get to see these super fights.
4/19/13 12:28 AM
stonepony

Silva vs Anderson, yeah, that'd be a great fight...

Silva vs JBJ.
4/19/13 12:37 AM
Seats Taken
168 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I don't ever think that much into it when I hear this.... This blows up every few months and then fizzles out only to reignite again...

4/19/13 12:40 AM
Chigurh
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

GSP vs Silva would be a one sided beat down. Give Johnny his fight and let him strip George of that title. Then after Silva beats Weidman, set him up with Bones. Now that's a Super Fight!
4/19/13 12:46 AM
UGSlapshot

KrzyBnzJnz -
inf0 - 

this
I don't care to see GSP vs Silva, I'd much rather see Silva vs Jones.

If you're going to make a superfight, make the biggest one you can.

Ill be happy if GSP just sticks to hugging his way through the rest of the ww division. Phone Post
4/19/13 12:50 AM
John M
230 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Maybe GSP will jump Hendro, ask to Fight Andy and hope that makes Andy overlook Weidman and lose. I wouldn't be surprised if GSP tried something like that.
4/19/13 1:18 AM
FedorEmilioEstevez
49 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

inf0 -

Hendricks earned his shot beyond a doubt

Silva will clown GSP I'd rather see him go up to face Jones, beating GSP proves zip Phone Post 3.0
4/19/13 1:23 AM
JeffersonDArcyChoke
261 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

No one is talking about Hendricks vs Weidman.

1. Both won't win their respective fights versus GSP/Silva.

2. Neither will be a star on the level of GSP/Silva.

Weidman and Hendricks are solid guys but Johnny will be 30 in September and Chris will be 29 in June.

Meaning they aren't old but they aren't exactly 21 year old wunderkind rookies with 10 years of upside.

It's arguable they both are at their athletic peak now and neither can draw money.

So, yeah, it's about GSP/Silva.

But Dana needs to get working on developing stars and not just the UFC brand name if they hope to have someone who can replace GSP or Anderson where it counts.

PPV buys. Phone Post
4/19/13 1:28 AM
ruger007
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Gsp wins on paper, bur it's a fight.
4/19/13 1:46 AM
Samoa
207 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

bruised -
inf0 -

As GSP has seriously earned the right to buck Hendricks and opt for a Superfight with Anderson. IMO GSP has earned that moreso than Hendricks has earned a title shot. Phone Post 3.0
4/19/13 2:54 AM
ric482

inf0 -

If Hendricks puts you to sleep gsp must render you catatonic. dont think there is another fighter (excluding Jon fitch or that askren fellow) that gets as much stick for being dull on this forum.

Got to feel bad for Hendricks, what does gsp prove by getting out muscled by silva anyway?Hendricks has done more than enough to get the shot IMHO. Phone Post
4/19/13 3:27 AM
UGCTT_FryedTakayama
773 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ric482 - 
inf0 -

If Hendricks puts you to sleep gsp must render you catatonic. dont think there is another fighter (excluding Jon fitch or that askren fellow) that gets as much stick for being dull on this forum.

Got to feel bad for Hendricks, what does gsp prove by getting out muscled by silva anyway?Hendricks has done more than enough to get the shot IMHO. Phone Post

It's not even a matter of opinion, it's a FACT that Hendricks has done more than enough to get the shot.

4/19/13 3:41 AM
ShowtimeWreckedMyLeever

Huge gsp fan here... But...

I hope gsp doesn't go up to 185 for this fight, I think the extra size he puts on will only make him stocky and have g a reach disadvantage already... Not smart Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.