UnderGround Forums

S&C UnderGround >> Carb backloading

4/19/13 1:35 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
GARRA
20 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

What's the story? Phone Post
4/19/13 3:28 AM
vermonter
85 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Based on what i read from someone who read about someone who read it, this is pretty much how I eat. But i don't know.

Anyway, here you go

http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/mma.cfm?go=forum_framed.posts&thread=2000211
http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/mma.cfm?go=forum_framed.posts&thread=2095844
http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/mma.cfm?go=forum_framed.posts&thread=2128694
4/19/13 4:01 AM
GARRA
20 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Thanks Phone Post
4/19/13 11:57 AM
herwil10
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

On workout days - 30g of carbs or less till after your workout, then you can "backload" all the carbs you want. Dirty or clean.

On non-workout days - 30g of carbs or less till the evening, when you can have one carb meal (dinner). Clean carbs are preferable for non-workout days.

That's pretty much it. Definitely not worth buying his crazy expensive book. It's just another version a Timed Carb Diet that DiPasquale, Lyle McDonald, etc... have been talking about for years. That's not to say it doesn't work (it does and it's an easy way to eat) it's just not nearly as original as Kiefer seems to think.

4/20/13 1:21 PM
GARRA

What if you train twice a day say weights or cardio at 12 and bjj around 7? Phone Post
4/20/13 1:58 PM
OiKing
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Then you have to do carb re-loading.
4/20/13 2:09 PM
herwil10
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

GARRA -  What if you train twice a day say weights or cardio at 12 and bjj around 7? Phone Post

You back-load after weight training only.
4/20/13 4:40 PM
GARRA

So if I do an hour of cardio at 12 and 2 hours of bjj at 7 I still only consume 30g of carbs all day? Yes I may be ripped but I may also die!! Phone Post
4/20/13 7:19 PM
herwil10

Edited: 04/20/13 7:19 PM
The diet probably is better suited to bodybuilding than BJJ. But you could probably get away with starting your back-load at dinner on your cardio/BJJ days. So start loading at dinner and then keep eating carbs up to and after BJJ. This is assuming you eat dinner before you go to BJJ.
4/21/13 5:49 AM
OiKing
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

limiting your carbs if you are training 3-4 hours a day is not the best plan.
5/7/13 8:43 PM
FatFrenchFry
98 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I've been doing it for a couple of months. Fits into my lifestyle really well. Haven't taken measurements, but people have commented my upper body looks bigger.
Strength increase not much different then before. I think I've been smashing the carbs with too much zest as I've put on a little ft around the midsection.
That could also be due to a highly sedentary lifestyle, whereas before going back to school I was on my feet all day.
Pm me OP Phone Post 3.0
5/7/13 9:05 PM
kyle47129
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The diet was more based around normal people or like powerlifters really. Not really for athletes Phone Post 3.0

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.