UnderGround Forums

S&C UnderGround >> too many supplements?

4/19/13 6:30 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
JoeBoxer212
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 04/19/13 6:33 PM

Thought I created a thread, but don't think it went through. So a quick version.

1,600 calories to maintain. Goal to lose 10% bf. Currently 168 lbs with 18% bf. Doing IF and lifting 3x's a week and will incorporate HIIT 2x's a week.

Preworkout
Scivation Xtend 10 grams
Vit E 100mg
Doctor's Best Tocotrienols 50 mg
L-Carnitine 2000mg

Postworkout
Natural Source Life Force Multi Vit
Doctor's Best Alpha-lipoic acid 600 mg (Always taken an hour after meal)
Jarrow's MAX DHA 1 capsule (DHA 500mg EPA 130mg)
ON Whey Protein 30 grams
Calcium Vit D 600mg

Evening Meal
Doctor's Best Alpha-lipoic acid 600 mg (hour after meal) 7 pm
Jarrow's MAX DHA 2 capsules

Before Bed
Doctor's Best Alpha-lipoic acid 600 mg 10pm
Magnesium 300 mg
Swanson Magnesium Oil

Am I taking things I don't need? I try to eat a healthy clean diet with chicken, fish and bison for protein. Lot's of dark leafy greens. And good fruits. Really limit starch carb to lifting days. Eliminate most sugar except from fruits. Occasional chips and ice cream. (One time in the past 40 days)
4/19/13 9:13 PM
OregonChaelClosedDueToBandWagonCrash
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

God damn bro the supp companies must love you. Creatine ,a pre workout if your lacking energy and a good diet. All you need. Phone Post 3.0
4/19/13 10:21 PM
JoeBoxer212
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

lol that's what I figured esp as I was writing this list.

I think I'll keep the fish oil, BCAA, calcium (lactose intolerant) and multivits and dump the rest when they run out.

4/19/13 11:39 PM
Chocolate Shatner
127 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Yeah, dump 90% of that shit. I seriously do just fine with my fitness and strength with the only supps I take being glucosamine (I've torn my ACL and MCL and it helps), and when I feel sick or in cold and flu season I take an additional Vitamin C supp.

If I want to bulk, I might do some creatine, but honestly my numbers are just fine by themselves.
4/21/13 1:58 PM
Mihow

if you are taking Alpha Lipoic Acid to fight the appetite from eating 1600 cals than keep at it. With that much protein you don't need a cal / vit d (as a lot of them have a ton of calcium ... so just check labels). Keep the dha but switch off to a quality high dose fish oil. People love BCAA's so why stop.

not sure about the use of magnesium, the other oil or carnitine for you tho

lol @ dump 90% of that
4/21/13 2:00 PM
Mihow

I really hate the 'all you need' and 'it works for me so it will work for you' crowds. Everything is personal and supps should be as well.

You know what I took to stop beer cravings? 1600mg's of Green Coffee Been extract

You know why I do a protein shake once a day? Because i'm lazy

Know why I take 2700mg of omega 3/day? my joints aren't sore

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.