UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> MIr: Cormier's height is 'limiting'

4/20/13 3:08 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1157 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

ugh height and weight are not the be-all end-all when it comes to success in Mixed Martial Arts it certainly never hurts to have advantages in either department. To date, heavyweight Daniel Cormier (11-0) has been able to deal with the larger, stronger foes he’s squared off against, but, in the opinion of UFC on FOX 7 opponent Frank Mir (16-6), that is likely to change now that he’s taken his talents to the Octagon.

Frank Mir fights Danie Cormier Saturday night at UFC on FOX 7. Mir has a dozen years of professional fighting in MMA, to just three and a half for Cormier. In addition, Mir thinks that height will play a significant role vs. the 5' 11" Cormier.

“He’s dangerous. He comes from a great camp. He has all the right tools to be very successful in his career,” said Mir in a recent interview. “I think the limiting factors are his size. I’m curious to see how well he’ll do against some of the biggest guys in the UFC. He has fought Antonio Silva and Josh Barnett, but to be consistent over a period of time... I think he himself knows that too. He’s already made allusions to fighting at 205.”

“I was standing there, staring over at him, watching him and Gilbert Melendez standing side by side... I was like, ‘Wow, me and Benson Henderson are fighting the same guy with the same reach. One is just quite heavier than the other.'"

What do think UG? Size matters? Or does Cormier stay undefeated?

4/20/13 3:15 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
EvilMaster
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mir will dominate and end the fight with a submission.
4/20/13 3:17 PM
Acidic

Being a MMA fighter does not mean you know more and this is a great example.

Being small can be just as good as being tall, its all about how you use your height in this sport.
4/20/13 3:18 PM
12ealdeal

"Wow, me and Benson Henderson are fighting the same guy with the same reach. One is just quite heavier than the other.'"

Lol Phone Post 3.0
4/20/13 3:19 PM
GSPsShadyHandWraps
93 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Murr is going to end up in another depression when "Gilbert Melendez" whoops his ass

4/20/13 3:22 PM
ManWithTheIronFists
59 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

GSPsShadyHandWraps - Murr is going to end up in another depression when "Gilbert Melendez" whoops his ass

And if Frank Mir wins you're going to end up in a worse depression.
4/20/13 3:29 PM
Ice Cold Igors Right Hand

Acidic - Being a MMA fighter does not mean you know more and this is a great example.

Being small can be just as good as being tall, its all about how you use your height in this sport.
This. Voted up. Phone Post 3.0
4/20/13 3:31 PM

Señor Penis - Fedor... same height as DC would also take out Mir. Speed beats size. Phone Post
Perfect example of height meaning nothing; being short is good if you are aggressive and powerful, which is both Fedor and Cormier's style. Phone Post 3.0
4/20/13 3:39 PM
nyhcloyalty
107 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If Mir can fight tall we will see. I trust Jackson has him prepared well for this. Phone Post 3.0
4/20/13 3:40 PM
stonepony

Does DC also have vitiligo?
4/20/13 3:47 PM
I LOVE GSP

lol, Mir's gonna look real bad when he's starched in under 2 rounds.
4/20/13 4:02 PM
Argo

Acidic - Being a MMA fighter does not mean you know more and this is a great example.

You really think Mir doesn't know that?

Everything Mir says is aimed at Cormier to get in his head. Not likely to work but Mir figures it costs nothing to take a shot to create that one second of hesitation that Mir can capitalize on.
4/20/13 4:03 PM
Kick Boxe
79 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fedor was an anomaly Phone Post
4/20/13 4:09 PM
torquemada
280 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'd love to see Cormier at 205. He's obviously doing well as a heavyweight, but I think he'd be unbeatable at 205. Phone Post
4/20/13 4:12 PM
IP
64 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I like Mir but he won't win this fight.
4/20/13 5:41 PM
bigheadrhino
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Kick Boxe -  Fedor was an anomaly Phone Post

Well now he's back in black
4/20/13 5:43 PM

bigheadrhino -
Kick Boxe -  Fedor was an anomaly Phone Post

Well now he's back in black
Lol what you did there, I see it. Phone Post 3.0
4/20/13 6:26 PM
stonepony

Mir is going to get a lesson in low center of gravity. Lower center of gravity being a serious advantage for a wrestler.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=73ItzxoE1Z4
Blue name please?

4/20/13 6:35 PM
nni
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mir is getting starched.
4/20/13 10:30 PM
BshMstr
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mir's glacier-like speed is limiting...

geez he's slow.
4/21/13 11:34 AM
FunDeath4u

Cormier is kind of like a slower, weaker, more scared, gameplanier version of Fedor... God I miss that Russian killing machine... Speaking of Fedor, he would still destroy ANYONE in the heavyweight division IMO. Other than Cain. An yes I think he would smoke Werdum and bigfoot in a rematch. An Junior would get GNP straight through the canvas. I have faith, he will be back.
4/21/13 12:01 PM
And Wagners Cut

Ice Cold Igors Right Hand -
Acidic - Being a MMA fighter does not mean you know more and this is a great example.

This. Voted up. Phone Post 3.0
Fucking pair of midgets. Phone Post 3.0
4/21/13 6:41 PM
PeaceThroughStrength

EvilMaster - Mir will dominate and end the fight with a submission.

Frank sure did dominate last night.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.