UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Melendez vs. Henderson

4/20/13 5:12 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1125 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

Another lightweight title fight, another razor-close decision.

Despite a spirited early effort from former Strikeforce champion Gilbert Melendez, Benson Henderson retained his belt by a split-call.

The lightweight title bout, which unofficially capped off a night of matchups between the shuttered Strikeforce and the UFC, was the main event of today's UFC on FOX 7 event at HP Pavilion in San Jose, Calif. It aired on FOX following prelims on FX and Facebook.

Two judges scored the contest 48-47 for Henderson while one dissented for Melendez by the same score. The decision was roundly booed by the crowd, which repeatedly chanted for Bay Area resident Melendez before and during the fight.

read entire article...

Title Fight Gilbert "El Nino" Melendez Vs. Ben "Smooth" Henderson
Fight was scheduled for 5 rounds (5x5x5x5x5) - Fight was for the Lightweight Title
Name Gilbert Melendez Gilbert Melendez
Height 5′ 9″ (175.26 cm)
Weight 155 (70.31 kg)
Record 21-2-0
Team Cesar Gracie
VS
Name Ben Henderson Ben Henderson
Height 5′ 9″ (175.26 cm)
Weight 170 (77.11 kg)
Record 17-2-0
Team The Lab

-Benson Henderson defeated Gilbert Melendez by Split Decision (47-48, 48-47, 48-47)

4/20/13 5:45 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Endure
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I cant wait for this one. Phone Post 3.0
4/20/13 7:39 PM
I LOVE GSP
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Gil.
4/20/13 7:43 PM
cWa
337 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Why is Bens weight 170 Phone Post
4/20/13 7:58 PM
sawdusk
38 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I can only imagine the fans predicting a gil destruction are recent UFC viewers who are bereft of pride and strikeforce footage...
4/20/13 8:13 PM
caseharts
402 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

sawdusk - I can only imagine the fans predicting a gil destruction are recent UFC viewers who are bereft of pride and strikeforce footage...
Gill destroys been our vice versa? Phone Post
4/20/13 8:55 PM
I LOVE GSP

I think the Thomson Diaz match proves that Gil has faced higher level opponents.
4/20/13 8:56 PM
caseharts
402 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I LOVE GSP - I think the Thomson Diaz match proves that Gil has faced higher level opponents.
What? Phone Post
4/20/13 8:57 PM
caseharts

I LOVE GSP - I think the Thomson Diaz match proves that Gil has faced higher level opponents.
Gilbert arguably lost to josh. Don't act like he beat joshs ass. Phone Post
4/20/13 9:03 PM
I LOVE GSP

Thomson just did what Ben couldn't do (or anyone else), and fought to close dec's vs gil thus mmath determine that gil is better than Ben.

plus Gil was top of the weight class before the ufc had a division, and ufc hype heavily biased the ranking once they restarted the div.

(I'm only trolling with one of those statements.)
4/20/13 9:07 PM
caseharts

Never Paid Wolf Ticket Taxes -
caseharts -
Did he say "beat his ass"??? No, he said "faced".

Reading motherfucker. Try it some time. Phone Post
He implied that he was better. Dipshit. Go pay your debt. Took a call out thread to get your ass to acknowledge a beer you initiated. Phone Post
4/20/13 9:08 PM
caseharts

caseharts -

Also I said ACT how about you learn to fucking read you shhit lhead Phone Post
4/20/13 9:10 PM
I LOVE GSP

shit, I think the Thomson Diaz fight proves Thomson AND Gil are better than Bendo.

better?
4/20/13 9:13 PM
caseharts

caseharts -
caseharts -

He implied that he was better. Dipshit. Go pay your debt. Took a call out thread to get your ass to acknowledge a beer you initiated. Phone Post
And that has exactly what to do with this argument???

There was no implication of anything, the guy simply said "faced".

I agree that Josh arguably beat Gil in their last fight, but Gil beat him twice before that, also close fights.

You're looking waaaaaay too far into things. God damn simple reading comprehension, bro. Try it some time. Phone Post
You can't make a blanket statement that he faced competition because he finished a guy the champ also beat. That's all. I apologize for bringing that up but since the diaz Maia thread you've been a little out there and then I heard you welched. It was childish to bring up Phone Post
4/20/13 9:13 PM
caseharts

caseharts -
caseharts -

Also I said ACT how about you learn to fucking read you shhit lhead Phone Post
Nigga you just wild each'd it. Phone Post
What Phone Post
4/20/13 9:23 PM
caseharts

Never Paid Wolf Ticket Taxes - "You can't make a blanket statement that he faced competition because he finished a guy the champ also beat."

Look, the guy was simply saying that Gil has faced tough, high-level competition fighters and beaten them. I thought the third fight was close but that Gil won on points. I thought Gil also won the first two fights.

No matter who anyone thinks won any of the fights, Thomson's finish of Nate proves that Gil has absolutely faced high-level competition. Phone Post
He said higher. Phone Post
4/20/13 9:27 PM
caseharts

Never Paid Wolf Ticket Taxes - High-level or higher-level, however you want to phrase a guy like Thomson, the statement is accurate.

Gil was criticized that he hadn't faced high/higher-level competition in Strikeforce. Thomson's KO win over the guy who just fought for the title proves that Gil has faced high/higher-level opponents, even if the most recent fight was really close. Phone Post
Dude he made the statement that he fought better people. Phone Post
4/20/13 9:28 PM
caseharts

Enough is enough. That simply wasn't true. Phone Post
4/20/13 9:36 PM
donkey guard
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Good fight coming up!!!

War Gilbert!! Phone Post
4/20/13 9:38 PM
Greenup
44 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hope Gil gets the win.
4/20/13 9:39 PM
buckshot44
61 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hope Gilbert can pull it off, but I think Henderson will be too much.

4/20/13 9:39 PM
caseharts

. Phone Post
4/20/13 9:40 PM
Ply

Hope its a good one. Got smooth on this one. Phone Post
4/20/13 9:40 PM
Greenup
44 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

buckshot44 - 

Hope Gilbert can pull it off, but I think Henderson will be too much.

Ditto
4/20/13 9:41 PM
maxbrothersinc
46 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hope Gil gets the W Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.