UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> ATTN: NJ area UGers (DW meet and greet for 159)

4/21/13 6:16 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Krs10KO.com
348 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

the geek -
Krs10KO.com - And when is Geek flying in?? Phone Post
I'm flying in Thursday night. I land at 10:30pm and am staying at the Best Western near the Newark airport so I doubt I'll need a ride. Having said that I have no idea how safe the area is and i'll have a couple of grand in camera gear lol.

I'm getting sooooo bloody excited, I can't believe I'll be in Jersey in a few days. Phone Post 3.0
I don't really know the area, but you're so intimidating who would want to mess with you :) Just be safe. Phone Post
4/21/13 6:18 PM
tyler03
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

So pumped coming from toronto ontario first ufc event in the states looking forward to meeting some great mma fans. Thanks again to everyone who was involved in making this amazing opportunity possible
4/21/13 6:26 PM
the geek
101 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

LMAO. Phone Post 3.0
4/21/13 6:28 PM
UGCTT_MdotBRICKS
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm pumped for the fights and also pumped to finally meet some UGers in person Phone Post
4/21/13 6:39 PM
Freddie Gavaria
42 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGCTT_MdotBRICKS -  I'm pumped for the fights and also pumped to finally meet some UGers in person Phone Post

This. I don't post here often but I'm on this board religiously. Excited to finally put some names to faces.

4/21/13 6:42 PM
the geek
101 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Freddie Gavaria -
UGCTT_MdotBRICKS -  I'm pumped for the fights and also pumped to finally meet some UGers in person Phone Post

This. I don't post here often but I'm on this board religiously. Excited to finally put some names to faces.

All you need to do to put a face to my name is think of Ryan Gosling... cause I know that's who my wife wishes I was. Phone Post 3.0
4/21/13 7:07 PM
Oboe
1954 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Will be at the fights, not the meet. I suggest to everyone unfamiliar with the area.. Avoid market street area near the prudential center later at night. I would suggest dinner or drinks be in ironbound or north ironbound in the portuguese district.. Much safer. Bunch of mom and pop style restaurants and a few bars. Phone Post 3.0
4/21/13 7:15 PM
halfninja
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I work in Newark daily. Murder was actually down 25% in the first quarter. The airport is safe. Just take a shuttle to your hotel, you'll be fine. Phone Post
4/21/13 7:17 PM
the geek

halfninja - I work in Newark daily. Murder was actually down 25% in the first quarter. The airport is safe. Just take a shuttle to your hotel, you'll be fine. Phone Post
WERD UP

Thanks bro. Phone Post 3.0
4/21/13 7:25 PM
TheBear228
33 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Oboe - Will be at the fights, not the meet. I suggest to everyone unfamiliar with the area.. Avoid market street area near the prudential center later at night. I would suggest dinner or drinks be in ironbound or north ironbound in the portuguese district.. Much safer. Bunch of mom and pop style restaurants and a few bars. Phone Post 3.0

I dunno, it's really not all that bad. People coming in from out of town expecting NYC will be shocked, possibly appalled....but for someone that goes to the Pru Center all the time...plenty of decent places to eat.

1. Dino BBQ
2. Edison Ale House
3. Fornos
4. Don Pepe

There's a bunch more, all are within a 5 minute drive or so. It's really not a neighborhood to be power walking from spot to spot though. There's plenty of police so it's not even an issue of crime as much as it is impossible to walk around. The area is surrounded by major roads and highways just rent a car from wherever you are staying.

Plenty of parking lots to choose from, and they are either right next to good restaurants and bars - or those places will have ample parking themselves.

4/21/13 7:32 PM
BrattMamley
1022 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Can't wait for this!! I'm gonna meet Dana, then rogans standup, then bones vs sonnen Saturday. Possibly the greatest weekend of my life. Phone Post 3.0
4/21/13 7:34 PM
Stea1th

There are some really good Portuguese restaurants if you like meat Phone Post 3.0
4/21/13 7:38 PM
Oboe
1954 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TheBear228 -
Oboe - Will be at the fights, not the meet. I suggest to everyone unfamiliar with the area.. Avoid market street area near the prudential center later at night. I would suggest dinner or drinks be in ironbound or north ironbound in the portuguese district.. Much safer. Bunch of mom and pop style restaurants and a few bars. Phone Post 3.0

I dunno, it's really not all that bad. People coming in from out of town expecting NYC will be shocked, possibly appalled....but for someone that goes to the Pru Center all the time...plenty of decent places to eat.

1. Dino BBQ
2. Edison Ale House
3. Fornos
4. Don Pepe

There's a bunch more, all are within a 5 minute drive or so. It's really not a neighborhood to be power walking from spot to spot though. There's plenty of police so it's not even an issue of crime as much as it is impossible to walk around. The area is surrounded by major roads and highways just rent a car from wherever you are staying.

Plenty of parking lots to choose from, and they are either right next to good restaurants and bars - or those places will have ample parking themselves.

Last time i was there at newark penn there was a drive by... So.. I am just saying to the drunk idiots, probably not best to head that direction later at night Phone Post 3.0
4/21/13 7:39 PM
Oboe

I have heard that mayor really cleaned it up though.. So i guess thats true huh? Phone Post 3.0
4/21/13 8:25 PM
tyler03
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Holy **** lol is it really that bad me and my pops are coming down the Thursday seeing the Pitts vs nj game and staying at the courtyard Newark downtown pretty sure we will just cab it. Don't wanna get caught up in no drive by though then the Friday and Saturday staying in jersey city so was going to take the train to the fights and back maybe not? Lol don't know what to do with the way everybody talks bout any thoughts would be great lol thanks everyone
4/21/13 8:30 PM
halfninja
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Pru center is in the downtown, there will be a heavy police presence. Shootings happen, but mostly between gangs/rivals. It will be okay. Phone Post
4/21/13 8:34 PM
tyler03

Oh okay thanks I just looked the prudential centre is right around the corner from my hotel the Thursday then the Saturday after the fights I'm sure there will be lots of ppl heading to penn station so should be good
4/21/13 8:38 PM
CindyO

I hope you will all blog about your weekend when its over so the rest of us can know how awesome the experience was:)

And pics:)

Cindy

4/21/13 8:41 PM
CindyO

Matty, if you have 50 UGers on the list does that mean you have 50 UGers going to support Franks charity event at Renzo's academy? Do they even know about it? I think DWs going. I'll doublecheck:)

Cindy

4/21/13 8:53 PM
Matt Phillips
775 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 04/21/13 8:54 PM
CindyO - 

Matty, if you have 50 UGers on the list does that mean you have 50 UGers going to support Franks charity event at Renzo's academy? Do they even know about it? I think DWs going. I'll doublecheck:)

Cindy

Renzo's Academy is right by Penn Station. So you can literally go to the seminar then hop the train with me to the Prudential Center and be there before the doors open. (Kind of designed it that way to be convenient for everyone. 

We have a low advanced ticket sales so far, but Im sure thatll get better soon!

You can purchase them  or just donate to the fundraiser here: http://franksfightseminar.com/sign-up-info/

4/21/13 9:20 PM
the geek

Did someone say photo's?
4/21/13 9:55 PM
halfninja

I'll be registering for Frank's Fight on the 23rd, when an incoming paypal balance clears.
4/21/13 10:00 PM
Stea1th

Ill update with photos as I go. Phone Post 3.0
4/21/13 10:27 PM
Krs10KO.com
348 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If its not too late I think I'm going to cancel my Drs appointments and come to weighins. Is there room for one more?? 

4/21/13 10:31 PM
the geek

Krs10KO.com - 

If its not too late I think I'm going to cancel my Drs appointments and come to weighins. Is there room for one more?? 

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.