UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> THROW IN THE TOWEL!!!!

4/20/13 9:37 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
ChaosOverkill
474 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

instantkarma - 
ChaosOverkill -

Didn't Nick make a big deal out of GSP being a pussy for tapping to strikes? Oh the Irony

Nate tapped? Phone Post 3.0

Noi but you would expect Nick to not do the equivalent of it for his brother if Nick threw the towel. Unnastan?

4/20/13 9:40 PM
thebearbohland
45 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

duckhuntgangsta -

For the record, there is nothing wrong with throwing in the towel. The ref knew Nate was tough so he gave him every change to continue, but you know your fighter. If their done, thy are donw. No shame in that. 

This.
You know your guy better than any ref could glad to see someone get that. VU when I can Phone Post 3.0
4/20/13 9:41 PM
crowbar
675 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

In the SEG era,I`ve seen the towel thrown at least 5 times.Cant remember exactly what fighters though.

4/20/13 9:42 PM
kyle223
117 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

jdindiana - 

VU sir!

Doesn't get much better than seeing a cocky Diaz brother flick off his opponent and then get tko'd.

Waiting for a thread from Number 1 Nick Diaz Fan to say if this were a street fight with no rules, Diaz takes it every time.
4/20/13 9:43 PM
Dmoney35
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

kkmmnn - LMAO my first thought!

209 muhfucka come at me br OH SHIT HES GETTING FUCKED UP THROW IN DA TOWEL
rofl totally Phone Post 3.0
4/20/13 9:44 PM
RazorMMA
65 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

kkmmnn - LMAO my first thought!

209 muhfucka come at me br OH SHIT HES GETTING FUCKED UP THROW IN DA TOWEL
Hahaha omg this make me legit laugh out loud! Vu! Phone Post 3.0
4/20/13 9:45 PM
Unseen
134 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

4/20/13 9:46 PM
OGT
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

duckhuntgangsta -

For the record, there is nothing wrong with throwing in the towel. The ref knew Nate was tough so he gave him every change to continue, but you know your fighter. If their done, thy are donw. No shame in that. 

This Phone Post
4/20/13 10:09 PM
athsportsnutrition
85 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

www.athsportsnutrition.com
OGT - 
duckhuntgangsta -

This Phone Post

Agreed.

4/20/13 10:10 PM
mofomike
192 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

in for gif

4/20/13 10:16 PM
Forest Whitakers Lazy Eye
151 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Not UFC, but i swear the towel went in for Rampage vs Chack Phone Post 3.0
4/20/13 10:19 PM
SinCityHustler

ChaosOverkill - 

Didn't Nick make a big deal out of GSP being a pussy for tapping to strikes? Oh the Irony

Not the same thing at all.  Nate withstood way longer than GSP did.  Saving your guy doens't mean you'd quit in order to save yourself.  In fact, throwing the towel in is because your guy WONT tap to strikes, the exact opposite of what Georges did.  

4/20/13 10:22 PM
GayGuardMooseSaucy
457 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lol thread is great Phone Post 3.0
4/20/13 10:40 PM
UGCTT_mrzipplokk
383 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mixed Martial Arts LLC, Moderator

209 is now 208.5

4/20/13 10:48 PM
kyle223
117 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGCTT_mrzipplokk - 

209 is now 208.5

Lol!!!!
4/20/13 10:51 PM
I hate links & marketing

Nate took his beating like a man, the people hating on him straight up suck. Phone Post
4/20/13 11:10 PM
Doc T
47 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

G-Hands -
B_Goetz - Can anyone think of another time a towel was thrown in the UFC?

Royce vs Harold Howard
VTFU sir. Phone Post 3.0
4/20/13 11:15 PM
BshMstr
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I hate links & marketing -  Nate took his beating like a man, the people hating on him straight up suck. Phone Post

i think the problem is, he took another beating...

he has to evolve his style if he wants to stay in the UFC.... he's not getting another shot at LW anytime soon, and he's gonna get ragdolled again if he moves back up to WW...

besides, the cocky, middle-finger waving thing is only interesting when you're a winner. he looked foolish tonight...
4/21/13 1:18 AM
Rabid Bunyip
223 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Gif? Missed the fights Phone Post 3.0
4/21/13 1:36 AM
DamienVB
19 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

stevekt -  Cabbage vs Sylvia Phone Post

The only one that I remember where the towel was thrown in that wasn't between rounds or at the start of the fight was Tim Sylvia vs Cabbage.

For some reason I have a picture in my head of Rory Singer being in someone's corner and throwing the towel in but I may have that confused because drugs.
4/21/13 1:41 AM
ChaosOverkill
474 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think it was just Nick's reaction to the stoppage dragging on a bit and just reacted

4/21/13 2:07 AM
Lroy10
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

HeHitsMeBecauseHeLovesMe -  If it was Nick, I completely understand. I can't imagine how hard it would be to watch my brother getting beat on. Especially you're little brother and especially with the type of relationship that Nick and Nate have. Phone Post

Amen!   

4/21/13 2:19 AM
Wicked smahtMF

damn Nate. shit straight fucking blows. glad someone threw it though. i just assumed it was Nick when i heard. i was yelling for the stop well before it came actually. he was getting battered
4/21/13 9:37 AM
TheFlood58

If you look at the official rules of the UFC throwing in the towel is not allowed and is a fineable offense. Daron Cruickshank sent me a signed rule book after a Twitter contest Phone Post
4/21/13 9:48 AM
Ktaco
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I may be wrong, but when Josh was on top of him landing gnp it looked like Nate tapped just before the ref stopped it. When they showed the reply, it was at a different angle so I couldn't be sure.

Not saying there's anything wrong with tapping, just wondering if anyone else noticed this too.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.