UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> THROW IN THE TOWEL!!!!

4/21/13 10:22 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
ranier wolfcastle
842 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

john lewis caught the towel in 1 of his ufc wins

4/21/13 10:44 AM
Yun
91 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

older brother love from nick Phone Post
4/21/13 10:49 AM
dipsheet
205 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Seems I recall a towel hitting Cal Worsham in the head as he was tapping to Paul Varlens.
4/21/13 10:51 AM
danggook
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

LOL awesome Phone Post
4/21/13 11:06 AM
crowbar
652 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

4/21/13 11:12 AM
r_o_y
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

duckhuntgangsta - 
B_Goetz - 
justininhifi - 
B_Goetz - Can anyone think of another time a towel was thrown in the UFC?
Bj Penn vs GSP? Phone Post

Nope. Fight stopped between rounds.

His corner waved the towel to call off the fight between rounds. Similar. 

I thought the brother told the doctor they were done

not an actual towel stoppage
4/21/13 11:15 AM
mike_rizzo

JeffersonDArcyChoke - There's no easy way out.

There's no short cut home. Phone Post
God this made me lol. Voted up sir Phone Post 3.0
4/21/13 11:27 AM
iBetYouQueersWontVoteMeDown
53 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Nate was just off last night, he was never in the fight, I think he just had an off night. His gameplan was terrible too, and he didnt change it the whole fight. Telegraphing his kicks like a motherfucker too. Not a good night for Nate and he ended up getting hurt really bad, his brain got shaken up by that last leg kick, guaranteed concussion right there.
4/21/13 11:33 AM
Vulva Fabulous
723 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I saw the towel throw. It didn't bother me one bit. Let's be honest here. Nate has been in MANY battles. He still has a great record, he's young, and Thompson isn't some rookie nobody wrestler with pillow fists. He's a bad man in multiple disciplines.

Just before Diaz's corner threw the towel in, Nate was in an extremely dangerous and vulnerable position, and unless Thompson decided to switch gears and go for a rear naked choke and sink it in until Nate was unconscious, I honestly feel that Nate would've let the beating continue and never tapped....that's just how he is.

With that being said, I'm happy that his corner called an end to the fight. Nate Diaz is a throwback, he's a warrior and he will also live and fight another day.....and part of the reason is that his corner threw in the towel before the damage became much worse. The fact that everybody knows how tough Nate probably contributed to the level of viciousness on Thompson's part because Thompson knew what he was up against, and Diaz's corner knew what Thompson was capable of.

So, to put it in simpler terms, Diaz's corner knew at that point that Nate couldn't win the fight barring a miracle sub/KO after getting out from under the position he was in.....that or if Thompson did something really fucked up and got DQ'd.

I'm sure most people here know I'm not a Diaz nut hugger, but I am a fan of both. Those laughing are probably the same ones that would tap out the exact moment that they felt they didn't have a chance. There's nothing wrong with your corner throwing in the towel. They are trying to prevent any damage that could potentially be career changing or life threatening. That's also part of their job.

I'm sorry, I just don't see the humor of a fighter's corner protecting himself against his own bravado.

Congrats to BOTH fighters for simply having the balls to simply get in the cage. I will never over what happened in that fight. Phone Post
4/21/13 11:37 AM
OCMikelob
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Nick was simply throwing in a loin cloth for Nate to wear at the next weigh-ins. I don't understand the confusion here Phone Post 3.0
4/21/13 12:15 PM
epwar
646 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Alternate angle:

4/21/13 1:12 PM
edwims
153 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

during UFC 2 Big John WANTED Scott Morris' corner to throw in the towel but they refused...in fact they threw it into the audience I believe

John didn't have the authority to stop it then and he lobbied for that authority afterwards

iirc anyway
4/21/13 1:51 PM
mixedmartialfarts
494 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

crowbar -

In the SEG era,I`ve seen the towel thrown at least 5 times.Cant remember exactly what fighters though.

Yup. Big John would specifically tell corners to be ready to protect their fighter by throwing the towel. Phone Post 3.0
4/21/13 6:36 PM
crowbar
652 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Orlando Weit comes to mind.I`ll think of some more later.

4/21/13 6:47 PM
caposa
1559 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Why do people find it funny that a corner threw in a towel? Nate was taking a lot of punishment.

4/21/13 6:56 PM
Lurkdaddy316
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

caposa - 

Why do people find it funny that a corner threw in a towel? Nate was taking a lot of punishment.

Nothing wrong with a corner protecting their fighter in my opinion.
4/21/13 7:10 PM
I'mDownWithBrown
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I assume most of the humor comes from it being the Diaz Bros throwing the towel.

Not even that it happened to Nate, but that the 209 bandwagon has been hit by a semi- and the "they ain't no bitch" quit and they can't claim an early stoppage or any other excuse.

4/21/13 7:14 PM
caposa
1559 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'mDownWithBrown - I assume most of the humor comes from it being the Diaz Bros throwing the towel.

Not even that it happened to Nate, but that the 209 bandwagon has been hit by a semi- and the "they ain't no bitch" quit and they can't claim an early stoppage or any other excuse.

When have the Diaz brothers ever claimed to be invincible? Phone Post 3.0
4/21/13 7:19 PM
I'mDownWithBrown
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

caposa - 
I'mDownWithBrown - I assume most of the humor comes from it being the Diaz Bros throwing the towel.

When have the Diaz brothers ever claimed to be invincible? Phone Post 3.0

If I wasn't clear, "they" meaning their fans.

I'm sure the Diaz Brothers have never said they are invincible, but one wouldn't know that from a 209 thread. The 209 bandwagon is responsible for most of the laughter here I presume. Same with the H-Bomb--- since it happened to Bisping and, thus, the English fans it was all the better for the UG.
4/21/13 7:30 PM
HeHitsMeBecauseHeLovesMe

Besides all that, did you see Nate's fucking knee, coming out for the second? I just don't get the hate. Especially for Nate, he's always respectful after a fight, and I can't really think of him making excuses ever. Phone Post
4/21/13 8:05 PM
caposa

Deuce77 - So many on the UG fucking suck dick. How the fuck is throwing in the towel "pussying out"? Throwing the towel has never been seen as a dishonorable way to lose. Fucking noobs.

This

4/21/13 8:14 PM
thegreenroom
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If you knew your little brother was like you and wouldnt back down in the face of a beating you would consider throwing in the towel too when he was taking punishment. Nothing wrong with it when you give it your all in training and the fight and there is no way out but punishment or ko. Competitors like the Diaz brothers are rare. Phone Post
4/21/13 9:44 PM
rbl
162 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

caposa -

It isn't funny.

What's funny is that old Vale Tudo fight where the referee throws it back out again and let's the fight continue. Phone Post 3.0
4/21/13 10:02 PM
caposa

Edited: 04/21/13 10:02 PM
rbl - It isn't funny.

What's funny is that old Vale Tudo fight where the referee throws it back out again and let's the fight continue. Phone Post 3.0

Any idea of the fight or organization?

4/21/13 10:17 PM
GayGuardMooseSaucy
445 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It's only ok because it's Nate and Nick.

The UG would be laughing their ass off if Bisping's corner threw in the towel or Greg Jackson threw it in for one of his fighters.

Same way how everyone ignored Shogun tapping to Jones punishment but likes to bring up GSP/Serra 1 Phone Post 3.0

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.