UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> THROW IN THE TOWEL!!!!

4/21/13 10:20 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Sakuraba belt
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

r_o_y - 
duckhuntgangsta - 
B_Goetz - 
justininhifi - 
B_Goetz - Can anyone think of another time a towel was thrown in the UFC?
Bj Penn vs GSP? Phone Post

Nope. Fight stopped between rounds.

His corner waved the towel to call off the fight between rounds. Similar. 

I thought the brother told the doctor they were done

not an actual towel stoppage

BJ's cornerman Jason Parillo told the ref "No we are done"
4/21/13 11:13 PM
Gomrad
61 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Not UFC but GOAT towel throw hints:

-in Tokyo

-13 years ago

-Rorion displayed great snap of the wrist... Phone Post
4/21/13 11:16 PM
cald4891
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I hate links & marketing -  Nate took his beating like a man, the people hating on him straight up suck. Phone Post

this! and nate is a fucking WARRIOR. everyone gets caught. and nate fucking walked thru the first head kick he ate. hes a g. id pay to watch either diaz bro. fight WAYYYYY before id pay for a card that jones n sonnen headline.
4/21/13 11:22 PM
rbl
170 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

caposa -
rbl - It isn't funny.

What's funny is that old Vale Tudo fight where the referee throws it back out again and let's the fight continue. Phone Post 3.0

Any idea of the fight or organization?

I wish I could remember. It was in a ring, a really old event. I have a feeling it was significant at the time but I couldn't name the fighters. Phone Post 3.0
4/21/13 11:25 PM
Bones Jones II
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Not UFC, but Ken Shamrock asked his corner to throw in the towel against Fujita Phone Post 3.0
4/21/13 11:27 PM
CHILLITACO
701 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

justininhifi -
Bj Penn vs GSP? Phone Post
Yup.
There is no shame in it.
Glad someone did. Phone Post
4/22/13 12:37 AM
MMAMAZ
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 04/22/13 12:37 AM
Hey quick question: Is the reason why we see it happen in boxing more than MMA because when you get dropped and followed up with punches on the ground in MMA its usually done if you're not defending yourself (In the Diaz vs Thomson fight it was going to be stopped anyways right?). While in boxing you could have beaten the count lets say twice and then you'll be getting pulverized on the feet and the ref doesn't stop it. So, the corner just does what is best for their prized fighter and throws in the towel.

I already feel the negative comments as I'm writing this lol.
4/22/13 12:42 AM
Lun8
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If I was Nate i would file a complaint with the athletic commission for the reffs dirty ass facepubes dangling on the back of my head during the stoppage
4/22/13 12:49 AM
Dominique Robinson
88 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It was Nick, I was there Phone Post 3.0
4/22/13 12:55 AM
HeHitsMeBecauseHeLovesMe

MMAMAZ - Hey quick question: Is the reason why we see it happen in boxing more than MMA because when you get dropped and followed up with punches on the ground in MMA its usually done if you're not defending yourself (In the Diaz vs Thomson fight it was going to be stopped anyways right?). While in boxing you could have beaten the count lets say twice and then you'll be getting pulverized on the feet and the ref doesn't stop it. So, the corner just does what is best for their prized fighter and throws in the towel.

I already feel the negative comments as I'm writing this lol.
That OR you're watching your little brother, who is fighting on a clearly fucked knee, getting beat on. I seriously can't blame him. Phone Post
4/22/13 12:58 AM
HeHitsMeBecauseHeLovesMe

It's not even comparable to your typical conerman scenario. I can't even imagine. Phone Post
4/22/13 1:05 AM
blupitt
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

HeHitsMeBecauseHeLovesMe - It's not even comparable to your typical conerman scenario. I can't even imagine. Phone Post
Haha that's a good point. They probably wanted to throw whennhe dropped and argued about who got to throw it. Was great to see how medicated nick can be a good sportsman tho. Phone Post
4/22/13 1:19 AM
ShakeR_

Silvia v Cabbage Phone Post
4/22/13 2:24 AM
rudj
663 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I respect it, especially from a Diaz brother.

Nate was done.

Diaz' are no pussies.

Bravo Diaz boys!
4/22/13 4:36 AM
TheMonkeyKing

Nate didn't Tap to strikes, he was rocked, down and on his way to being finished.

Nick or Richard threw in the towel to take some of the glory/credit away from Josh's TKO, OR because Nate was infact hurt.

You gotta love Boxing and the mindset/strategies the "209" comes with leaves most of the UG dazed and confused.

Josh Thompson did a great job in the fight and stepped over Nate Diaz to get in the mix.

Nick/Nate Diaz are really smart in the fighting game, obviously hardcore boxing fans.

The UG, not so smart.. Retards judging who's retarded.
4/22/13 4:56 AM
UGCTT Combat Can Happen

Overeem/Lil Nog.

Overeem's shoulder was taped and the moment that went to the ground they threw in the towel cuz he was fighting injured. Phone Post 3.0
4/22/13 5:02 AM
hellride
159 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Nate didn't need anymore, he was tough enough to take it but it would have been excessive.
4/22/13 5:05 AM
Cryptic
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Deuce77 - So many on the UG fucking suck dick. How the fuck is throwing in the towel "pussying out"? Throwing the towel has never been seen as a dishonorable way to lose. Fucking noobs.

Correct. That is how it used to be back in the NHB days, but you should throw the towel at the action so the ref sees it.
4/22/13 12:11 PM
Yussarian
29 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

crowbar - 

VU sir. Thanks.
4/22/13 12:27 PM
SQUEEZIE

athsportsnutrition - 
OGT - 
duckhuntgangsta -

For the record, there is nothing wrong with throwing in the towel. The ref knew Nate was tough so he gave him every change to continue, but you know your fighter. If their done, thy are donw. No shame in that. 

This Phone Post

Agreed.

yea,nate is not going to quit so he had to try and protect him...although nate came real close to doing so.

nick would not quit either and if rolls were reversed im sure nate/jake/gil would throw in the towel if he was getting stomped out.

if your boy didnt want to quit im sure you would throw the towel in for him too(if you cared about the guy at all)...and this not the first or last time this will happen.

4/22/13 12:35 PM
UGCTT_nightkap
76 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

crowbar -

Now that should be an IN gif! Phone Post
4/22/13 12:37 PM
SQUEEZIE

UGCTT_mrzipplokk - 

209 is now 208.5

yea for sure cuz he lost to a legit contender and former champ who could do that to almost any one in the division...and he(nate) is the only person ever to get beat down before,and it was his first time getting stopped.

so yea your totally right.i understand a lot the peoples agenda here,but lets be realistic.
4/22/13 12:57 PM
SQUEEZIE

caposa - 
Deuce77 - So many on the UG fucking suck dick. How the fuck is throwing in the towel "pussying out"? Throwing the towel has never been seen as a dishonorable way to lose. Fucking noobs.

This

exactly, and he never quit. people who care about him didnt want to see him take any more UN-nessacary damage. if it was not for rules a few fighters would literally never quit and battle to their death. i think nate is one of them.

that the opposite of what most of you are, the opposite of being a pussy.
4/22/13 1:47 PM
MattyECB
191 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

duckhuntgangsta - 

For the record, there is nothing wrong with throwing in the towel. The ref knew Nate was tough so he gave him every change to continue, but you know your fighter. If their done, thy are donw. No shame in that. 

+1,

Even in the GSP situation, where ppl shit on the fighter the most, the ref was on his way to running in to stop it.

When Shogun tapped, same thing, he was a wreck and the ref was already stopping it.

When BJ gave up between rounds, well went catatonic when asked if he wanted to continue, he was hamburger meat.

And in this case, you're a real asshole to write the 209 pussed out. Nate's a fucking warrior. I don't think any of those above three fighters -- maybe Shogun, maybe maybe Penn, but probably not GSP -- would've been able to just snack on those fucking high kicks like they were lunchables.

He already took a beating with his chin no man should be taking, and after that last head-kick, just wobbled and took a few steps before crumpling. Not only did he endure more than most UFC fighters could, he definitely endured more than any of the shit talkers here could've
4/22/13 1:50 PM
MattyECB
191 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

RampageFitsLikeAGlove - 
ShakeR_ - 
Silvia v Cabbage Phone Post

Not the UFC but John Lewis threw in the towel for Chuck in the first Rampage fight in Pride.  Nothing wrong with throwing in the towel just as there is nothing wrong with tapping to strikes.  If a fighter is done, he's done.

Nah Brah, real men get brain damage for the fans.

Nothing cooler then turning into a coin-deposit motel bed and forgetting your grand kids

lyka BOWSS

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.