UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Who threw the towel!

4/21/13 2:03 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Jambo888
509 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Warriormmd - 
Big Baby 6942 - Nick threw it... I was there Phone Post 3.0
Yupp
I was directly behind nates corner. Props to Thomson for being the first to finish Nate Phone Post 3.0

crazy. I figured it had to be caesar and that nick wouldn't but I suppose he knows better than anyone what's nate's state in a fight

4/21/13 2:19 AM
Jaybrone
436 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 04/21/13 2:19 AM
UGSlapshot -  The headkick was big but Just about every shot after was a illegal blow, horrible reffing. Phone Post

You might want to rewatch that. I just did and I don't think there was but maybe 1 that could be called back of the head and that landed as the ref was already moving in to stop the fight. I wanted to watch it again before saying anything but there was nothing wrong with the job the ref did in that fight.

Except that fucking mustache....

4/21/13 2:26 AM
Forrest Spliffn
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lol ref ain't even see the towel.
Nate was done for like an armless man in a thumb war at that point tho. Phone Post 3.0
4/21/13 2:44 AM
UGSlapshot

Jaybrone -
UGSlapshot -  The headkick was big but Just about every shot after was a illegal blow, horrible reffing. Phone Post

You might want to rewatch that. I just did and I don't think there was but maybe 1 that could be called back of the head and that landed as the ref was already moving in to stop the fight. I wanted to watch it again before saying anything but there was nothing wrong with the job the ref did in that fight.

Except that fucking mustache....

Cant argue with your opinion about the mustache but several of the strikes are clearly illegal, shit just lookat the gif.

I saw three and even if its just one the fight should be stopped and the fighter given time to recover.

Look if a kick to the balls warrants a timeout then a flying fucking hammerfist to the back of the dome dose too, that's all I'm saying.

To me its no different than if Matt Hughes would have gotten stopped by Trig. And it's not like this is only fight refs have let illegal blows to the back of the head go. Phone Post
4/21/13 3:31 AM
Waffler742
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Too soon?

4/21/13 3:37 AM
Nocturnal

Didn't surprise me when I heard Nick threw it. I pretty much figured it was him. That's your own blood in there you don't want to see him hurt, you know he pretty much lost, don't let him take any more beatings unnecessarily, he'll be back.
4/21/13 3:40 AM
AndersonSilvasMoney
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

There's no easy way out, there's no shortcut home. Giving in can't be wrong!
4/21/13 3:41 AM
Tankhead
83 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

NotImpressedByYourScreenName -
Tankhead - Isn't that against the rules? Phone Post 3.0
Who gives a shit? Phone Post 3.0
It was a simple question, shitbird. Phone Post 3.0
4/21/13 5:48 AM
Kanye loves fishdicks
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

inf0 -

Lol
Voted up Phone Post 3.0
4/21/13 9:33 AM
FCFBlazer

Nick. Had to be hard to watch as his big bro and he knows what he is able to take or not. Phone Post 3.0
4/21/13 9:54 AM
Harmon Whistler
236 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Waffler742 - 

Too soon?

I'm a huge Diaz fan, but the way the towel comes out of nowhere and just plops down makes it perfect.

VTFU!

4/21/13 10:48 AM
ranier wolfcastle
953 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

so it wasnt a fan with a ta shirt gun?

4/21/13 11:34 AM
Ministry of Truth

Nate's knee looked blown out.
4/21/13 11:55 AM
NattoMatto
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The official rule is that the corner can not interfere with the fight. Throwing in the towel constitutes "interference".
So, technically, when the corner throws in the towel, their fighter looses by DQ TKO.
However, only the ref can stop the fight, so it is at the ref's descression to determine if the towel is "interference". Phone Post 3.0
4/21/13 12:02 PM
crowbar
721 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 04/21/13 12:15 PM

Thanks NattoMatto,

I found out that throwing in the towel was still a foul & only under consideration for changes.

REMOVED AS A FOUL- Throwing in the towel during competition

A fighter's corner, at the Commission's discretion, should have the option to retire his fighter in the quickest and most efficient manner possible, during competition. A corner person having worked alongside a fighter may recognize and accept what their fighter's capabilities are from past experience. It makes sense from a safety perspective to allow a corner to retire the fighter. If there is consideration that debris in the form of a towel entering the ring or cage may contribute to a disruption or confusion in the contest, then colored towels or special towels might be a consideration to be used.

4/21/13 12:18 PM
StringerBell

EKPOGI - 
Warriormmd - 
Big Baby 6942 - Nick threw it... I was there Phone Post 3.0
Yupp
I was directly behind nates corner. Props to Thomson for being the first to finish Nate Phone Post 3.0

there's a bjj black belt sex offender that disagrees that Josh is the 1st to finish Nate.

4/21/13 12:58 PM
fightsfan
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I imagine NICK is the only one with permission to EVER throw in the towel for NATE,
4/21/13 1:07 PM
UGCTT Molsonmuscle360
216 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

When they showed the view on the other side, it looked to me like it was Ceaser who threw in the towel.

4/21/13 11:24 PM
Koga

These punks would be complaining about the stoppage if Nick had not thrown the towel. Phone Post
4/21/13 11:47 PM
XiongBJJ

With all honesty, I think it was a smart move by Nick to throw in the towel. It's not worth taking the extra beating that has its long term effects. No shame at all.

For some stupid reason I always thought "throwing in the towel" was a figure of speech. I never really took it literal.
4/21/13 11:50 PM
leftlegtrumpcard
42 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Da_man - http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-OyV81XtjdP0/UXM7K564SjI/AAAAAAAAhWs/9vQtHCFYuaU/s1600/11 Nate Diaz vs. Josh Thomson 4.gif

Was it nick? Phone Post 3.0
The smart corner man?! Phone Post
4/22/13 10:46 AM
itsmontoya
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I was glad to see the ref stop that. I didn't want to see Nate taking any more damage. To me, throwing in the towel seems like a very "Gracie" type of thing to do.
4/22/13 11:06 AM
kill joy
84 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think it should happen a little more often. Munoz's corner should have tossed it against Weidman.  

4/22/13 12:10 PM
pm1964
43 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Koga -  These punks would be complaining about the stoppage if Nick had not thrown the towel. Phone Post

People on other threads are in fact claiming it was an early stoppage, even though the towel came in at the same time.
4/22/13 12:57 PM
Hazard 76
19 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

NotImpressedByYourScreenName - 
Tankhead -
NotImpressedByYourScreenName -
Tankhead - Isn't that against the rules? Phone Post 3.0
Who gives a shit? Phone Post 3.0
It was a simple question, shitbird. Phone Post 3.0
I'm just saying, even if it was, would it stop you throwing in the towel? It's an act if desperation to call the fight off - what's the worst that can happen - you lose the fight? That's the idea. Phone Post 3.0

@NIBYSN- After your 1st comment I thought "What a Dick!"

After your second comment I thought "I see what he means"

(Apologies for thinking you were a Dick!)

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.