UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Judge who scored it for Gilbert is a CGJJ Student?

4/21/13 3:07 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
mijo
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Immaculata - 
mijo - 
Immaculata - 
JeffersonDArcyChoke - 
Immaculata -
GayGuardMooseSaucy - 
Immaculata - 
GayGuardMooseSaucy - 
Immaculata - He was the one that scored it properly. You guys and your silly conspiracy theories.

You don't see a probably with it though? This isn't a conspiracy. Ricardo Almeida is a good judge but can't judge any of Edgar's fights, but this guy can judge CGJJ fighters? You dont see the problem with the potential bias?

No. Absolutely not. The MMA World is a very small one. Do you really think this guy hangs out with Melendez on a regular basis? Has dinner with him and his Family? You guys want "Experienced" Judges who "train". Well, these judges need to come from somewhere! I can understand if this was a Nam Phan vs. Leonard Garcia type of Robbery, but you guys on here like to "reach" for reasons of conspiracy. It's crazy! The judge got it right in A LOT of people's opinions, including mine! There's no conspiracy here.

You don't have to be a BJJ student to be a good judge. 

The mma world is small but they couldn't find another judge for that 1 fight and Diaz' fight? This is why in boxing they bring in judges from all over the WORLD. Tonight in Canelo/Trout they had 1 from Texas, 1 from South Africa, and 1 from the Philippines. They could've got somebody from Cali who didn't have a direct connect to the camp. 

What conspiracy am I reaching for? It's a real problem, and the CSAC let it slip through the cracks. I'm not sure how you don't see the potential problem. It's bad for the sport, I think you're just looking past it because you agree with him. 

It's not a problem until there is a pattern of a Judge giving out gift decisions.
Why create the image of impropriety or even allow that to happen?

It shouldn't be allowed to get to a point where a judge makes multiple favored decisions.

One is TOO MANY.

As a result you err on the side of caution and not allow him to judge such fights. Phone Post

Again, I respect all of the opinions of the members here saying that there's a conflict of interest, but, The State is going to have Judges there from the State of California there. I'm just saying in the mma world there's a good chance that those Judges have had encounters with the Fighters from California. It's impossible not to be experienced and not have had encounters with experienced people in the sport (if you're qualified). If the said Judge had a Conflict of Interest I'm sure the Judge would have recused himself. The score of the fight did not reflect a conflict of interest.

Well I dont think he got the call right! He is a Ceasar Gracie student, and if you dont see the conflict of interest there. I feel sorry for you. This is bad for the sport, and to be honest I really dont have a problem with it, but it still does not make it right.

What if this was the other way around? Diaz and Ceasar Gracie would have already have done the paperwork for appeal.

You might not think he got the call right, but you can at least agree that it was a razor close fight. If you can't, then I feel sorry for YOU. There's no conspiracy here. Again, I was happy that this Judge is experienced enough to Judge an MMA fight. You can't have experienced Officials without having some kind of affiliation.

No conspiracy here right, and it was a close fight, and the true winner won the fight. Conflict of Interest still stands as is. Should not happen ever.
4/21/13 3:08 AM
Katsumoto

in related news: the judging for the Larkins fight was f'd up.
4/21/13 3:22 AM
Immaculata
71 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TITAN Combat/TITAN Grappling Open, Promoter
mijo - 
Immaculata - 
mijo - 
Immaculata - 
JeffersonDArcyChoke - 
Immaculata -
GayGuardMooseSaucy - 
Immaculata - 
GayGuardMooseSaucy - 
Immaculata - He was the one that scored it properly. You guys and your silly conspiracy theories.

You don't see a probably with it though? This isn't a conspiracy. Ricardo Almeida is a good judge but can't judge any of Edgar's fights, but this guy can judge CGJJ fighters? You dont see the problem with the potential bias?

No. Absolutely not. The MMA World is a very small one. Do you really think this guy hangs out with Melendez on a regular basis? Has dinner with him and his Family? You guys want "Experienced" Judges who "train". Well, these judges need to come from somewhere! I can understand if this was a Nam Phan vs. Leonard Garcia type of Robbery, but you guys on here like to "reach" for reasons of conspiracy. It's crazy! The judge got it right in A LOT of people's opinions, including mine! There's no conspiracy here.

The mma world is small but they couldn't find another judge for that 1 fight and Diaz' fight? This is why in boxing they bring in judges from all over the WORLD. Tonight in Canelo/Trout they had 1 from Texas, 1 from South Africa, and 1 from the Philippines. They could've got somebody from Cali who didn't have a direct connect to the camp. 

What conspiracy am I reaching for? It's a real problem, and the CSAC let it slip through the cracks. I'm not sure how you don't see the potential problem. It's bad for the sport, I think you're just looking past it because you agree with him. 

It's not a problem until there is a pattern of a Judge giving out gift decisions.

It shouldn't be allowed to get to a point where a judge makes multiple favored decisions.

One is TOO MANY.

As a result you err on the side of caution and not allow him to judge such fights. Phone Post

Again, I respect all of the opinions of the members here saying that there's a conflict of interest, but, The State is going to have Judges there from the State of California there. I'm just saying in the mma world there's a good chance that those Judges have had encounters with the Fighters from California. It's impossible not to be experienced and not have had encounters with experienced people in the sport (if you're qualified). If the said Judge had a Conflict of Interest I'm sure the Judge would have recused himself. The score of the fight did not reflect a conflict of interest.

Well I dont think he got the call right! He is a Ceasar Gracie student, and if you dont see the conflict of interest there. I feel sorry for you. This is bad for the sport, and to be honest I really dont have a problem with it, but it still does not make it right.

What if this was the other way around? Diaz and Ceasar Gracie would have already have done the paperwork for appeal.

You might not think he got the call right, but you can at least agree that it was a razor close fight. If you can't, then I feel sorry for YOU. There's no conspiracy here. Again, I was happy that this Judge is experienced enough to Judge an MMA fight. You can't have experienced Officials without having some kind of affiliation.

No conspiracy here right, and it was a close fight, and the true winner won the fight. Conflict of Interest still stands as is. Should not happen ever.

I disagree with you that the right fighter won. In a perfect MMA World, you would have experienced Judges who have trained in Boxing, Thai Boxing, Wrestling (Free and Greco) , and BJJ. Then you would have those people have at least a couple of fights/competitons under their belts, preferably winning. Then, have these people go through the proper training in the MMA Judging Criteria so that they understand how to Judge fights unbiasedly without any prejudice of But, unfortunately we don't have that. And it's going to be a while before we do. But in the meantime, can you stop being so nieve?
4/21/13 3:31 AM
GSPushedInMyStinkEye
427 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGCTT_WarHunt - bendo clearly won, we just have to deal with the diaz fanboy mob which makes up a ton of mma forum space so it makes it seem when diaz and co lose, which is alot, that its always somehow controversial.

this is a complete joke, the fix was in and melendez still couldn't win. Bendo wasn't even thinking about the fight, but on marrying his girlfriend, fought worse than he ever has and still beat melendez even with the shady judge. melendez just isn't anywhere near his level realistically

Fucking idiot troll.

Gil won that fight...Bendo was gifted a decision because he's a UFC poster boy. Gotta cater to the christian sect after all...

4/21/13 3:34 AM
Tankhead
80 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

GayGuardMooseSaucy -
Immaculata -
GayGuardMooseSaucy - 
Immaculata -
GayGuardMooseSaucy - 
Immaculata - 
GayGuardMooseSaucy - 

So let it stay in place until there's a horrible robbery that's bad for the sport instead of...
Fixing the problem now so it doesn't happen? Phone Post 3.0

That's not what I'm getting at. I completely understand and respect your point, I do. All I'm saying is that if the CSAC or the Judge felt like he had to recuse himself, then I feel like they/he would have.
I think the commission dropped the ball here. All I had to do was a simple google search. How could they not make the connection Phone Post 3.0
Googling is a great point. I've had employers google me for very unimportant jobs.

Due diligence. Phone Post 3.0
4/21/13 3:34 AM
AndersonSilvasMoney
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Of the people who thought Gil won, a fraction of them thought Gil won round 4 (the vast majority seem to have scored it 1, 2, 5 for him, as did I).

It's not like the guy had "encounters" with CGJJ; he actually actively promotes them and supports them. It's a conflict of interest no matter how you slice it and shouldn't have happened.
4/21/13 3:36 AM
drewb75

92-56 fanboys!!!! Even with a judge in his corner Gil still lost.
4/21/13 3:39 AM
Jaybrone
446 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

GSPushedInMyStinkEye - 
UGCTT_WarHunt - bendo clearly won, we just have to deal with the diaz fanboy mob which makes up a ton of mma forum space so it makes it seem when diaz and co lose, which is alot, that its always somehow controversial.

this is a complete joke, the fix was in and melendez still couldn't win. Bendo wasn't even thinking about the fight, but on marrying his girlfriend, fought worse than he ever has and still beat melendez even with the shady judge. melendez just isn't anywhere near his level realistically

Fucking idiot troll.

Gil won that fight...Bendo was gifted a decision because he's a UFC poster boy. Gotta cater to the christian sect after all...

Both these posts scream of troll...

4/21/13 3:45 AM
Nocturnal

I wanna see Benson vs. Pettis again. I think Anthony has his number.
4/21/13 3:46 AM
GSPushedInMyStinkEye
427 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

How ironic that the 'Point fighter' fans are finally fed up and "striking back"!!! 

Gil won that fight, we all know it. It has nothing to do with area codes. 

4/21/13 3:48 AM
suess
62 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

GSPushedInMyStinkEye - 

How ironic that the 'Point fighter' fans are finally fed up and "striking back"!!! 

Gil won that fight, we all know it. It has nothing to do with area codes. 

lol

4/21/13 3:48 AM
RICKDOGG

CarlCX - His school's website has Jake Shields and Gilbert Melendez highlight reels right on its front page.

There's a line between "may have trained with a fighter he's judging once upon a time" and "could financially profit from one fighter winning" and this seems way on the wrong side of it. Not to cast aspersions on the man's character at all, just to cast aspersions on the CSAC. There's no way this sort of thing should be okay and they should be watching out for potential conflicts of interest.

"Fuck Gilbert Melendez and his skinny legs." -Joseph Rogan
4/21/13 3:53 AM
mijo

Immaculata - 
mijo - 
Immaculata - 
mijo - 
Immaculata - 
JeffersonDArcyChoke - 
Immaculata -
GayGuardMooseSaucy - 
Immaculata - 
GayGuardMooseSaucy - 

One is TOO MANY.

I disagree with you that the right fighter won. In a perfect MMA World, you would have experienced Judges who have trained in Boxing, Thai Boxing, Wrestling (Free and Greco) , and BJJ. Then you would have those people have at least a couple of fights/competitons under their belts, preferably winning. Then, have these people go through the proper training in the MMA Judging Criteria so that they understand how to Judge fights unbiasedly without any prejudice of But, unfortunately we don't have that. And it's going to be a while before we do. But in the meantime, can you stop being so nieve?

I really dont want to tell you this, but Boxing rarely has judges with fighting experience, or professional fighting experience, and there is no shortage of judges in boxing, or MMA. I really dont think Vierra is a bad judge, but once you get in your head that when a fighter has a fellow student judging his fight, and Vierra is a Ceasar Gracie student, so that does make him a fellow student of Gilberts. That makes it a Conflict of Interest. Your fighter lost, so no conspiracy. I will stop being Naive, and you stop being stupid. Deal?
4/21/13 3:59 AM
KZTT_W85
102 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

In Phone Post
4/21/13 4:13 AM
MarkRobinson
1293 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Clear conflict of interests. Phone Post
4/21/13 4:25 AM
Jaybrone
446 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MarkRobinson -  Clear conflict of interests. Phone Post

EXACTLY! The outcome of the decision is ultimately irrelevant. The commission allowing a clear conflict of interests is ridiculous. It ultimately doesn't matter if he was fair in his judgement/assessment of the fight or not. Even the slightest hint of impropriety in a sport where there is tons of betting action is DANGEROUS. And the CSAC should take every measure to ensure things like this don't happen.

4/21/13 4:39 AM
iBetYouQueersWontVoteMeDown
46 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

What the fuck? Close fight but I gave it to Ben, very close fight though and Gil deserves a rematch. Phone Post
4/21/13 4:48 AM
UGCTT_Stu0411
58 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

GayGuardMooseSaucy -
CarlCX - His school's website has Jake Shields and Gilbert Melendez highlight reels right on its front page.

There's a line between "may have trained with a fighter he's judging once upon a time" and "could financially profit from one fighter winning" and this seems way on the wrong side of it. Not to cast aspersions on the man's character at all, just to cast aspersions on the CSAC. There's no way this sort of thing should be okay and they should be watching out for potential conflicts of interest.

You only post 1x a year.....but when you're right you're right

This. Phone Post
4/21/13 4:48 AM
YouCantHandleMyRiddum
17 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

4/21/13 5:01 AM
Jaybrone

UGCTT_Stu0411 - 
GayGuardMooseSaucy -

You only post 1x a year.....but when you're right you're right

This. Phone Post

100% this

4/21/13 5:44 AM
ShowtimeWreckedMyLeever
32 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

In boxing g to beat the the champ you have to BEAT the champ..

Now when it comes to the cards it's obviously clear in boxing g that close rounds go to the champ.. No one can argue that...

However most of the mma judging criteria cones from the boxing, thus the sane mentality comes into play..

Problem is, is that boxing is over 12 rounds and mma is over (at most) 5

With that being said:

Tonight:I would no longer have been supriaed if the fight was a draw, in fact I think k thrre shod be a rematch(and I hate rematchs) 1st with that being g said, I in no way think gil did enough to win the belt via decision.. I'm sorry he didn't BEAT the champ tonight.

I'm very much again st cgjj and I do think a second fight is I have order, but tonight til didn't WIN. I don't think k he list, but he did t beat the champ.

That's how you need to look at it

Sorry for the spelling g mistakes I've been drinking. Phone Post
4/21/13 8:05 AM
GriffinQ
127 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Immaculata -
mijo - 
Immaculata - 
mijo - 
Immaculata - 
JeffersonDArcyChoke - 
Immaculata -
GayGuardMooseSaucy - 
Immaculata - 
GayGuardMooseSaucy - 

One is TOO MANY.

"I disagree with you that the right fighter won"

And THAT is why you continue to harp on about it not being an issue that a man who has potentially trained with Melendez, and who at the very least if FINANCIALLY CONNECTED to Melendez's coach was judging a Melendez fight. You say you'd raise the same points if Bendo won, but you don't think Bendo won, so why would you? Whether you think it is or not, it's unethical and incredibly shady to have a judge who has a clear and direct connection to the fighter in the cage. This fight had a judge who had that, and Lo and behold, that judge scored the fight for the fighter he had a connection with. His score should be negated and he shouldn't be allowed to judge for the CSAC anymore because there was an obvious bias present and he didnt disclose it. Even if Melendez had won all 5 rounds, there would still have been an obvious bias due to who that judge associates with. Phone Post 3.0
4/21/13 10:17 AM
Kneeblock
168 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

the geek - 

Outstanding "In" gif.

4/21/13 10:31 AM
kevsh
22 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Imagine if a current/former Tristar Gym student/coach judged a GSP fight? The OG would implode from Diaz fans literally self-combusting.
4/21/13 10:33 AM
Wade5000
32 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sounds like the Boxing Commission not do their work again.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.