UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> DFW coming to Boston in support of bombing victims

4/21/13 8:10 AM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1154 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

Last Monday two bombs were exploded during the Boston Marathon, wounding over 150, and killing three. A police officer was killed and one injured during an extended and ultimately successful effort to arrest the suspected bombers, brothers Tamerlan and Dzhokhar Tsarnaev.

Rest in Peace
Krystle Campbell, 29

Rest in Peace
Martin Richard, 8

Rest in Peace
Lu Lingzi, 23

Rest in Peace
Sean Collier, 26

At Saturday's post-UFC on FOX 7 press conference, UFC president Dana White, a former resident of Boston, pledged financial support to Boston Marathon bombing victims.

"I have a hard time talking about this in public because if I really do talk about it, I'm going to come off like a psycho," said White. "I've really limited talking about it, but I'm going to Boston on Saturday. After [UFC 159], I'm jumping on a plane and flying to Boston, and I'm actually going to go visit some people that were affected by this horrible event."

"The story that gets me is the mother that was crossing the finish line and the 8-year-old that was killed and the 6-year-old that lost her leg by a couple of f---ing cowards."

"I'm going to go to Boston and write some checks. I don't even know how I'm going to do it or what I'm going to do, but I'm going. I want to go. I'm going next weekend."

Anyone with information about the brothers is encouraged to call the Boston Police Department’s tip line: 1-800-494-TIPS or the bombing task force tip line at 617-223-6610. You can also email boston@ic.fbi.gov

4/21/13 8:28 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Fraser_Finlay
224 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Very cool. Phone Post 3.0
4/21/13 8:30 AM
Matt Phillips
792 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Good stuff Dana. I have never been to Boston but it seems like a great city. Some day I'll get there, I have a sister there.

4/21/13 8:31 AM
Bench
21 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Great stuff Dana. Phone Post
4/21/13 8:41 AM
stonepony
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Awesome Dana.
4/21/13 8:45 AM
joker271

Edited: 04/21/13 8:48 AM
Dana,
More than anything the victims of these crimes could use an advocate with influence and a strong lawyer to:

1. Ensure the monies donated to "one" are making it to the victims and not getting "administrated"

2. Ensure the Health Insurance companies are not dragging their feat on coverage.

3. They could also use more money, but it doesn't have to come from you directly. I would pay $20 to get your autograph, so would a lot of other people.... The best prosthetics are in the area of $200,000 and have to be replaced 2x per year, but I don't know the insurance implications etc.

4. I believe the family from Dorchester was low income and catholic, they have to pay for a funeral.

Dana,
Again you have always been generous but the real issue is this, although none of us will ever 'forget' the victims, they will fall out of the spotlight. A year from now any plights they have with insurance companies, hospital debts (which you cannot escape through bankruptcy) lack of money for new limbs etc. will not be heard by the media. This is by far the biggest way you could help. Please be an advocate, make sure the money is getting to them, make sure they don't have to pay a penny for recovering what they can from their lives. Be their voice, when they need you.

Boston
4/21/13 9:19 AM
BRZ

Dana is the man. Phone Post 3.0
4/21/13 9:58 AM
stonepony

joker271 - Dana,
More than anything the victims of these crimes could use an advocate with influence and a strong lawyer to:

1. Ensure the monies donated to "one" are making it to the victims and not getting "administrated"

2. Ensure the Health Insurance companies are not dragging their feat on coverage.

3. They could also use more money, but it doesn't have to come from you directly. I would pay $20 to get your autograph, so would a lot of other people.... The best prosthetics are in the area of $200,000 and have to be replaced 2x per year, but I don't know the insurance implications etc.

4. I believe the family from Dorchester was low income and catholic, they have to pay for a funeral.

Dana,
Again you have always been generous but the real issue is this, although none of us will ever 'forget' the victims, they will fall out of the spotlight. A year from now any plights they have with insurance companies, hospital debts (which you cannot escape through bankruptcy) lack of money for new limbs etc. will not be heard by the media. This is by far the biggest way you could help. Please be an advocate, make sure the money is getting to them, make sure they don't have to pay a penny for recovering what they can from their lives. Be their voice, when they need you.

Boston

Some excellent points that I was too tired to type out Joker. Yes, a lawyer to represent them is crucial. I didn't know the high tech prosthetics must be replaced so frequently. Is that true for children who weigh so much less?

I would love to see that man from the famous photo, running the marathon next year on legs that the UFC paid for.

Perhaps the UFC could sponsor them? Just like they do with certain fighters. Give the little girl a UFC t-shirt and put her under the umbrella of UFC legal/medical.
4/21/13 10:28 AM
bigconk74fe

Dana for potus. Phone Post
4/21/13 10:39 AM
jzus14

the show this summer in boston can be dedicated to the victims dana, knowing that boston is dana's home town i see him doing something big for his city!
4/21/13 12:02 PM
charms434
53 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dana is awesome. I'm so glad he's coming, I'd love to run into him.
Back in 2009 he had a private st paddys day party, and had house of pain reunite. I emailed him if I could go (just honest, I'm a fan, love house of pain, could u throw me a bone). He not only emails me back, he has his secretary call me and I had 5 tix at the door. Met tons of fighters had a few beers with Diego. AWESOME NIGHT. Phone Post 3.0
4/21/13 12:03 PM
charms434
53 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

charms434 - Dana is awesome. I'm so glad he's coming, I'd love to run into him.
Back in 2009 he had a private st paddys day party, and had house of pain reunite. I emailed him if I could go (just honest, I'm a fan, love house of pain, could u throw me a bone). He not only emails me back, he has his secretary call me and I had 5 tix at the door. Met tons of fighters had a few beers with Diego. AWESOME NIGHT. Phone Post 3.0
Sean Collier (MIT cop who died) used to train kids at Somerville Boxing where I learned to box. I bet his fam would love to meet Dana. Phone Post 3.0
4/21/13 12:07 PM
NomoRomophobia
209 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Good for him. Phone Post 3.0
4/21/13 12:08 PM
ABE FROMAN
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dana is easily the coolest guy in sports.

4/21/13 12:23 PM
fightsfan
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TTT for an old Boston guy like Dana to want to go back and help out.

Fightsfan Sam
4/21/13 2:12 PM
MattyECB
195 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

In to contribute some Dana love
4/21/13 2:18 PM
GarlicSauce

Edited: 04/21/13 2:24 PM
I wonder if he'll do the same for the hundreds of thousands of Afghan and Iraqi victims of US military operations.

Oh wait, this time he's on the side of the bombers ("Fight for the Troops")
4/21/13 3:39 PM
GarlicSauce

Tape Serf - 
GarlicSauce - I wonder if he'll do the same for the hundreds of thousands of Afghan and Iraqi victims of US military operations.

Fuck off asshole.

An 8 year old boy dies, and an douchebag like this gets to live. So gross.

Exactly. 'MURRICA FUCK YEAH! USA! USA! USA!

4/21/13 3:46 PM
Canooke
100 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I don't know if I've ever asked for somebody's posts to be deleted but can we get this GarlicSauce asshole off of this thread?
4/21/13 3:47 PM
mchase126
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

GarlicSauce -
Tape Serf - 
GarlicSauce - I wonder if he'll do the same for the hundreds of thousands of Afghan and Iraqi victims of US military operations.

Fuck off asshole.

An 8 year old boy dies, and an douchebag like this gets to live. So gross.

Exactly. 'MURRICA FUCK YEAH! USA! USA! USA!

Somebody had a little sand in their douche this morning.

Light up a bad batch last night or something? Phone Post
4/21/13 3:53 PM
TheLuckyMilkMan
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

fuck you forever
4/21/13 3:58 PM
TheLuckyMilkMan
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

to Dana... GREAT work sir. the idea by joker271 about you charging for autographs is a very good idea (along with everything else he wrote) but no matter what, THANK YOU.
4/21/13 4:05 PM
TexDeuce
86 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

. Phone Post
4/21/13 4:17 PM
Krs10KO.com
348 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Very cool of Dana to go there and help support the people affected by such a senseless and heartbreaking tragedy. Phone Post
4/21/13 4:20 PM
CindyO

charms434 - 
charms434 - Dana is awesome. I'm so glad he's coming, I'd love to run into him.
Sean Collier (MIT cop who died) used to train kids at Somerville Boxing where I learned to box. I bet his fam would love to meet Dana. Phone Post 3.0

The name of this gym is soooo familiar. I think DW used to train there (or taught kids there or something). I'll ask.

Cindy

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.