UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> DFW coming to Boston in support of bombing victims

4/21/13 4:22 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Lroy10
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Saw this last night and thought it was awesome.  I know last night when it was brought up you said you weren't sure what you would do yet but you do feel like you need/want to do something.  If you're looking for ideas, there is a Shriners hospital for children in Boston, they help kids that have been burned and or have lost limbs, just like some of the kids you mentioned in the interview.  They do as much as they can for people like these folks everyday and ask nothing in return, they do good work, I know this first hand.  Something to consider and thank you in advance for giving a fuck and for what ever you do and who ever you do it for!

4/21/13 4:25 PM
CindyO
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

CindyO - 
charms434 - 
charms434 - Dana is awesome. I'm so glad he's coming, I'd love to run into him.
Back in 2009 he had a private st paddys day party, and had house of pain reunite. I emailed him if I could go (just honest, I'm a fan, love house of pain, could u throw me a bone). He not only emails me back, he has his secretary call me and I had 5 tix at the door. Met tons of fighters had a few beers with Diego. AWESOME NIGHT. Phone Post 3.0
Sean Collier (MIT cop who died) used to train kids at Somerville Boxing where I learned to box. I bet his fam would love to meet Dana. Phone Post 3.0

The name of this gym is soooo familiar. I think DW used to train there (or taught kids there or something). I'll ask.

Cindy

He sure did!

White has been a boxing fan all his life and did some fight training as a kid, but he got serious about the sport after settling in Boston at age 17. He sought out Peter Welch, a former New England Golden Gloves champion who was training fighters at the Somerville Boxing Club, and took some amateur bouts. White was training for a Golden Gloves event in Lowell when he injured his elbow and busted up his nose. "So I started helping train other fighters," White says, "and found that I liked it."

http://sports.espn.go.com/boston/news/story?id=4766500

Cindy

4/21/13 4:49 PM
torquemada
279 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It's easy to shit on certain policies of Zuffa, but I love that guy.
Beep.
How can you hate on that sentiment? Dana does good stuff he doesn't have to... Phone Post
4/21/13 6:09 PM
CindyO

DW might have a huuuuuuge mouth sometimes but the guy has a heart of gold and does soooooooooooo much for folks that the media never finds out because he doesn't share it with them. He pays out thousands of dollars every month from his personal account- literally strokes the checks himself- to help take care of others. That doesn't include what Zuffa also does for a variety of causes. Yall would be very surprised! Never known anyone like DW:)

Cindy

4/22/13 2:56 AM
stonepony

GarlicSauce - I wonder if he'll do the same for the hundreds of thousands of Afghan and Iraqi victims of US military operations.

Oh wait, this time he's on the side of the bombers ("Fight for the Troops")

Please don't breed, idiot.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.