UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Matt Brown: 'I'll die before I give up'

4/21/13 6:41 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1293 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

Ariel Helwani: Matt you entered this fight riding a very impressive four fight winning streak, yet you were the underdog, a pretty big underdog. Did that bother you?

Matt Brown: I didn't know I was the underdog actually. I came out second in the red corner, and usually the favorites come out second?

Ariel Helwani: Maybe.

Matt Brown: Well that's what I thought. I don't look at the betting lines.

Ariel Helwani: There was a lot of hype about Jordan Mein. There was a lot of buzz surronding him. Did he bother you that people were focusing more on him than you?

Matt Brown: No, I think it was well deserved. I think he showed it in ths fight, why he's earned that respect.

Ariel Helwani: He seemed to hurt you in the first round with a body shot. How hurt were you?

Matt Brown: Very hurt. Yeah he hit me just straight in the stomach, right in the solar plexus, and a couple weeks ago in training I took a guy down and landed on his knee right in the solar plexus and it hit the same spot. I'm not going to say it was because of the previous injury, because it was a good shot. For whatever reason, yeah, I was really close.

Ariel Helwani: Close to giving up?

Matt Brown: No I wasn't giving up, I'll die before I give up. But I was close to being incapacitated, not being able to defend myself. He got with a couple shots before, but I gathered myself enough to defend myself.

4/21/13 6:45 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
BrianStannFan
31 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I believe it...

4/21/13 6:46 PM
pennviachoke
1227 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

No doubt...he showed up last night ready to DO WORK! CONGRATS MATT! Phone Post
4/21/13 6:47 PM
inf0
336 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

great fighter

Immaculata
71 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TITAN Combat/TITAN Grappling Open, Promoter
Unreal performance.
HeHitsMeBecauseHeLovesMe
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I completely understood what he ment. He was VERY close to being stopped. Phone Post
4/21/13 6:49 PM
Lurkdaddy316
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Great fight, and yeah, toughness will not be a question for him anytime soon.
4/21/13 6:54 PM
DoomFarmer
42 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Gritty as fuck. Phone Post 3.0
4/21/13 6:59 PM
drrilll
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

always a fan
4/21/13 7:01 PM
glassjaw

Matt is a beast, certainly can't question his heart.
4/21/13 7:10 PM
TheIronCodpiece
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If you don't like Matt Brown, I don't like you

4/21/13 7:11 PM
ManWithTheIronFists
59 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Time to give this guy a top contender, he's proven he belongs up there with the best of them.
4/21/13 7:12 PM
bekk46

Usually Calo is alright, but that post was not good natured Phone Post 3.0
4/21/13 7:33 PM
youarewhatiswrong
57 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

superCalo - 

9 times submitted in his mMa career, never give up, never surrender.

This is not the real superCalo, there's no doubt in my mind. He sold the account or something, he hasn't been the same poster since his banning.
4/21/13 7:34 PM
FreakDaddy
164 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

For some reason he reminds me of Evan Tanner......Two of my all time favorites......The guy is a beast.......
4/21/13 7:50 PM
MTH
150 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

superCalo -

9 times submitted in his mMa career, never give up, never surrender.

Of course, you understand that, in this context, tapping is not the same as "giving up."

When you tap, you're just acknowledging that you're stuck and are about to either pass out or get a joint broken/dislocated. Either way--even of you didn't tap--the ref would stop the fight as a result and you'd lose. The loss is inevitable.

Ariel's question in this interview was about whether Brown was going to "give up" in the sense that he was in a lot of pain, and so was he perhaps considering simply turtling up and waiting for the ref to save him rather than trying to come back from the adversity.

That's not in Brown's DNA, so I'm not surprised at his response. Phone Post 3.0
4/21/13 7:51 PM
Krs10KO.com
348 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I absolutely love him. At the post fight presser last night he was great. Someone asked something like if he thought he would ever get a title shot. His response was awesome, like wtf? Of course, I wouldn't come to work every day if I didn't think I'd get that. (something to that effect but sounds better when he says it, but it was pretty bad ass)
:) Phone Post
4/21/13 8:02 PM
WoodenPupa
139 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Real fighters don't even give up when they're dead. Every last atom still attempts the superman punch, side check kick, all that.
4/22/13 10:06 AM
FreakDaddy
164 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

2xAA - Matt Brown vs CHRIS LTYLE...... I WISH

http://fightnext.com/video/875UAUYNWDMS/Chris-Lytle-vs-Matt-Brown

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.