UnderGround Forums

Hawai'i Underground >> Tell me about 2nd degree BB Sifu Kai Li

5/10/13 9:53 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
conviser
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ah, nice. Just learned that I am no longer blocked from viewing Bullshido!

Bodyguard for the Pope! And has claimed a black belt from Relson Gracie for a while. Seems crazy that he crashed the red belt party and took photos with the black belt crew, and nobody said anything.

Wonder who'd win in a fight, him or the death metal guy...?
5/10/13 10:09 PM
MOB U2
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The Mat Pimp - Does anyone know where this guy trains at?

Which of his 30 martial arts dojos you asking about?

For grappling, the other threads show him teaching at gca sambo.
5/10/13 10:09 PM
Sgt. Slaphead
96 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

anybody have a link to where he himself makes claims to be SF and not just a trainer?
5/10/13 10:13 PM
MOB U2
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

conviser - Ah, nice. Just learned that I am no longer blocked from viewing Bullshido!

Bodyguard for the Pope! And has claimed a black belt from Relson Gracie for a while. Seems crazy that he crashed the red belt party and took photos with the black belt crew, and nobody said anything.

Wonder who'd win in a fight, him or the death metal guy...?

Come to find out Kai (Laigo) is my friend's old bandmate. I met him years ago and he's cool as hell, not at all like a super macho-ed out death metal guy. Laigo is super small and skinny and does seem at all like a guy who cares to fight anyway, so no go. But cuz Laigo is such a cool cat and is a rockstar, I'm sure he's pulls more pussy that Li does. My friend says he's working in LA now and some studio or something.
5/10/13 10:17 PM
MOB U2

Sgt. Slaphead - anybody have a link to where he himself makes claims to be SF and not just a trainer?

WTH I THOUGHT I HEARD IT ALL WITH THIS GUY? That's a first. Hell, I even know girls he's dated. Usually girls I worked with. They'd be like, "You do martial arts? You don't happen to know a Kai Li do you?"

And the conversation just turns weird after that.

The world is too damn small.
5/10/13 10:29 PM
Sgt. Slaphead
96 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

convisor's link had Koch claiming that Li was a former SF, but not Li himself. I didn't find anything where he directly claims to have been SF, SF trainer or even a vet.....but others have claimed it so that was a red flag.

Seems he is legit in some no fucking way in BJJ, much less RGJJ. HOLY HELL THE BALLS to show and take pics with that group!
5/11/13 2:38 AM
ChinoV
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sgt. Slaphead - convisor's link had Koch claiming that Li was a former SF, but not Li himself. I didn't find anything where he directly claims to have been SF, SF trainer or even a vet.....but others have claimed it so that was a red flag.

Seems he is legit in some no fucking way in BJJ, much less RGJJ. HOLY HELL THE BALLS to show and take pics with that group!

He has the balls to take pics with that group, or they didn't have the balls to tells to him no??? That tells you something when Relson was even scared to say something. I know I don't have the balls, heard he eats blackbelts for breakfast, even RG BB. I'm only a bluebelt, I got no chance :-(

I'm curious to who this guy is, can someone post a pic? I'm wondering if it was a guy I met at Barra over 2 years ago. When I searched Kai Li, I got something pop up on a pron star name Kai Lee, haha. Not the Kai I was looking for, but it will do for now! Excuse me for a minute.

5/11/13 3:10 AM
The Mat Pimp
110 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

quality is job one
5/11/13 7:58 PM
sufferingsuckatash
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

<object width="420" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/nTvlyJK2pOk?version=3&hl=en_US&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/nTvlyJK2pOk?version=3&hl=en_US&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>
5/11/13 8:53 PM
fnunderful
112 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

....cannot be unseen!!! why did i have to look???
5/11/13 11:40 PM
falsecrack
30 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

oh em gee

5/12/13 4:45 AM
ChinoV
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Yeah, that's the guy I remember seeing at Barra over 2 years ago. I swear he was wearing a purple belt, might have been a brown (can't fully remember). I don't know the guy, but I remember talking to him for a split second after one of the morning sessions. I do recall him saying something about Ft. Benning and mentioning Krav Maga.

After reading your guy's account with him, he should be in the hall of fame for Bullshido.
5/12/13 2:46 PM
Robobear
193 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ChinoV - 
Sgt. Slaphead - convisor's link had Koch claiming that Li was a former SF, but not Li himself. I didn't find anything where he directly claims to have been SF, SF trainer or even a vet.....but others have claimed it so that was a red flag.

He has the balls to take pics with that group, or they didn't have the balls to tells to him no??? That tells you something when Relson was even scared to say something. I know I don't have the balls, heard he eats blackbelts for breakfast, even RG BB. I'm only a bluebelt, I got no chance :-(

I'm curious to who this guy is, can someone post a pic? I'm wondering if it was a guy I met at Barra over 2 years ago. When I searched Kai Li, I got something pop up on a pron star name Kai Lee, haha. Not the Kai I was looking for, but it will do for now! Excuse me for a minute.

The day of Relsons promotion there were about 40 black belts there from other associations. I was watching him during the seminar and just executing simple technique was difficult for him; he didn't move right, grip right, or flow like a semi decent BB would.  Then during the pictures, he jumps in with all the Relson BB. Big balls,no brains, or both.  He kinda flew under the radar to most of the BB because they were busy helping Relson with the seminar, catching up with old friends ect. Plus I don't think anyone really wanted to add negative drama on Relson's special day.

5/12/13 2:48 PM
Robobear
193 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ChinoV - Yeah, that's the guy I remember seeing at Barra over 2 years ago. I swear he was wearing a purple belt, might have been a brown (can't fully remember). I don't know the guy, but I remember talking to him for a split second after one of the morning sessions. I do recall him saying something about Ft. Benning and mentioning Krav Maga.

After reading your guy's account with him, he should be in the hall of fame for Bullshido.

He's not even close to legit purple IMHO.

5/12/13 3:08 PM
FCTV808
280 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

gdi had to be on the mainland for that. i coulda gotten my free lesson that day from him and tested his dim mak.

5/12/13 3:27 PM
Robobear

My daughter just tried to translate the chant. She said it really makes no sense and he is combining Hawaiian with other languages. I'm gonna send this to a friend that is a legit Lua practitioner. WTH, everyone else hates him.

5/12/13 3:28 PM
FCTV808
280 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

send it to desi's brother.

5/12/13 3:32 PM
Robobear

FCTV808 - 

send it to desi's brother.

The wifey got family in Lua. Also emailed faixapreta. Told him to check this thread out.

5/12/13 10:26 PM
MOB U2

^Actually KC, I believe he is part of one of the Lua pa here in Hawaii. There are two descended from the Charles Kenn line - Pa Kuialua, and Pa Kuiaholo. I think he is from the Kuiaholo line. I met young boys who were training with him at Kamehameha a few years ago, and I knew right a way b/c they said, "Sir K..." and I was like WTF! His nonsense goes back at least 25 years, so I met many people who know him and know of him. As far as being legit, yeah actually he is legit in the Lua community from what I am told by people who have trained in it here.

I have seen him do the chant at martial arts places. It is part Kamapua`a chant, and some other stuff mixed in. The end chant is talking about his lineage.

I have friends that have a big beef with him b/c they consider this very disrespectful to be outing the art like this. Moreover there are kids who do it (including the Kamapua`a spirit invocation), and lua (at least to them) is not an art to be taken lightly, esp. when it comes to the sacred chants, b/c you are summoning the spirit of the pig god into your body. Some Hawaiians I know canNOT take lua b/c they have a kapu against their line, given that some were from Kahuna lapa`au (healers).

I'm sure opinions differ on lua and his lua involvement, but given that I am not Hawaiian either, I am only relaying what I am told by practitioners I have met here or know personally. I don't have a personal stake in this myself, but I do consider it somewhat disingenuous to be openly displaying these things at every public display of the art, when at one point and time, it was hidden and sacred for only a select few to witness.
5/12/13 10:41 PM
MOB U2

Oops maybe I'm wrong. Pa Ku`i A Lua line apparently from this book review on Amazon of the book Warrior Arts of Hawaii:

"My congratulations to haumana Sid Campbell on the completion of Warrior Arts and Weapons of Ancient Hawai'i. As a fellow lifelong martial artist it has been an honor to know him as a friend, warrior, writer, artist, and above all as a bearer of the aloha spirit. As an Olohe Lua it is rare to see a man so sincere in his efforts to portray our culture and our warrior ancestors with the honor and valor only a true warrior can understand. He went about his research with humility and true respect for the Hawai‘ian people and the cultural realm he was entering. This is a rare and wonderful quality. I hope this work helps many future generations of Hawai'ians rediscover their roots and leads others on the warrior path to appreciate our history."
—Sir Kainoa Kekoakalani Li, Kahuna Lomi Lomi, Pa Ku‘i A Lua A Ku Waha Ilo, Mililani a me Makaha, Hawai'i
5/13/13 2:00 AM
FCTV808

Faggotry

5/13/13 5:00 AM
MOB U2

KyokushinCatch - okay, why the order knighted him

Good question, Idk. I was told he was knighted into the order of the Knights of Columbus (by the same kids I came across at some random concert, that just in fact took lua with him). I know people who are Knights, here and in the Philippines. I don't bother asking about the order, b/c I don't want to get evangelized into joining. I guess I could ask, but it's just damn tiresome being friends with these kinds of people (people who are a part of orders, fraternities and religions), b/c y'know you'll every so often get those membership talks....

And come to think of it, since he's active in the Hawaii Catholic community, I am certain finding out more about him in this capacity would be relatively easy for me, but I don't want to revisit my connection to church ever again.
5/13/13 5:01 AM
MOB U2

Oh btw, I had an old friend that delved into ninjitsu/ninpo/taijitsu etc, back in the day. Now you know it's bad when even THEY say he's full of shit and want nothing ever to do with a charlatan like him.

Their words exactly.
5/13/13 6:10 AM
FCTV808

lol holy fuck. expelled by the royal high ninja order.

btw, re these "orders": it's like MLM w/o profit.

wowza

5/13/13 4:20 PM
sufferingsuckatash
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

KyokushinCatch - how can I too become knighted?

serious question

you have just become knighted into the "order of the long and or small penis league"

youre welcome. and wheres my $20?

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.