UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> How come nobody mentions?

4/22/13 3:12 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
JaviersID
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

That while Benson Henderson is undefeated in the UFC at 7-0 he hasn't finished any of his opponents.
4/22/13 3:13 PM
forrestfan
303 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

they do all the time.

guess what, the guys he has been fighting hardly ever get finished. some of them never have in their careers.
4/22/13 3:18 PM
JaviersID

forrestfan - they do all the time.

guess what, the guys he has been fighting hardly ever get finished. some of them never have in their careers.

Only Frankie has never been finished in his career. Where's the hate that GSP gets or Fitch got before he got cut?
4/22/13 3:20 PM
forrestfan
303 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Only Frankie has never been finished in his career

How about Gilbert?
4/22/13 3:32 PM
Kings21
42 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Since you missed all the threads the night of the fight, I'll break it down real quick.

There HAS been many mentions of Bendo not finishing his opponents. Since his fight with Gilbert and his previous fights. Its well known. I hate search functions on forums but I gotta say it....use the search function.

The difference, in my eyes, between Bendo and GSP/Fitch is that Benson's fights are generally really exciting. This coming from a big GSP fan. I'm not a fan of either Bendo or Gilbert but that was a great fight to watch. Exciting wins over boring when it comes to comparing a stat like finishes or lack thereof.
4/22/13 3:32 PM
fryingarmbar
60 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

JaviersID -

Only Frankie has never been finished in his career. Where's the hate that GSP gets or Fitch got before he got cut?
Because not all decision fighters are created equal. Benson may not be a great finisher but he clearly is TRYING to finish at all times. Did you see how quickly he pounced on Gil's back when Gil went down? GSP would've just waited for his opponent to get up so he could feed him some more jabs. Phone Post 3.0
4/22/13 3:35 PM
Allen Hood

Ya nobody has mentioned that .... Lol damn nubs Phone Post 3.0
4/22/13 3:42 PM
canofsticks
85 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

fryingarmbar - 
JaviersID -

Because not all decision fighters are created equal. Benson may not be a great finisher but he clearly is TRYING to finish at all times. Did you see how quickly he pounced on Gil's back when Gil went down? GSP would've just waited for his opponent to get up so he could feed him some more jabs. Phone Post 3.0

wut? GSP will take the back. Remember the Thiago Alves fight?
4/22/13 3:49 PM
yellow wrkahlc
103 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

How come nobody has mentioned that this is the fourth thread made on this topic in the last 24 hours? Phone Post 3.0
4/22/13 4:06 PM
Jaybrone
389 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

JaviersID - 

Do you even read the threads on here when Benson is about to fight or after one of his fights? He gets tons of hate. Although comparing the way he fights to Jon Fitch is bit ridiculous.

4/22/13 4:50 PM
Shadow Sniper
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

fryingarmbar -
JaviersID -

No offence but your just deluded if you think benson is trying to finish at ALL times lol okay he takes more chances then say GSP (who I am also a fan of) but see the second Frankie fight or Diaz fight and he does deal decent punishment but never goes for the jugular. Cracking champion but most certainly not a finisher Phone Post 3.0
4/22/13 5:27 PM
fryingarmbar
60 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Shadow Sniper -
fryingarmbar -
JaviersID -

No offence but your just deluded if you think benson is trying to finish at ALL times lol okay he takes more chances then say GSP (who I am also a fan of) but see the second Frankie fight or Diaz fight and he does deal decent punishment but never goes for the jugular. Cracking champion but most certainly not a finisher Phone Post 3.0
AT ALL TIMES. Even between rounds. Phone Post 3.0
4/22/13 5:30 PM
Foob
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Benson and GSP always bring it, not the greatest finishers but very exciting to watch. DEC=/=boring

4/23/13 8:58 AM
Bobby Lupo
64 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He's the king of the decision division. Phone Post 3.0
4/23/13 10:15 AM
15days
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The benson fight was the only one i fast forwarded
4/23/13 11:50 AM
CLINTK9
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TheBlackFist - lol @ Benson always trying to finish

he has never once come close to finishing a fight, no close submission, has he even really hurt anyone bad enough that made you think he MIGHT be able to finish them later on in the fight?

I know! I'm beginning to think some fans dont know what trying to finish is. I guess bouncing around, playing with your hair, leg kicks, and jabs are the finishing/go for the kill moves these days.
4/23/13 12:59 PM
fryingarmbar

CLINTK9 -
TheBlackFist - lol @ Benson always trying to finish

he has never once come close to finishing a fight, no close submission, has he even really hurt anyone bad enough that made you think he MIGHT be able to finish them later on in the fight?

I know! I'm beginning to think some fans dont know what trying to finish is. I guess bouncing around, playing with your hair, leg kicks, and jabs are the finishing/go for the kill moves these days.
Henderson scrambles hard and pounces on opportunities that I don't think a true point fighter would. He doesn't have great KO power and he's now fighting guys that are notoriously tough to finish compared to those in his pre-UFC career (when he was finishing).

If you don't see much difference between him and GSP, that's fine. I'm not going to insult your taste or question your fandom. It would be akin to expecting every baseball fan to like and dislike the same exact styles of play.

I will say that, personally,, I've fallen asleep twice during GSP defenses but never stopped watching Benson to the final bell. Phone Post 3.0
4/23/13 1:09 PM
forrestfan

it's actually a pretty amazing stat about the guys he's faced.

Edgar and Melendez - never finished in their careers (44 fights between them)
Jim Miller - finished once in 26 fights
Diaz and Bocek - finished twice
Guida has been subbed a few times, but only twice in his UFC career
4/23/13 1:21 PM
UGPTT_Rear Naked Chode
407 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I find his fights exciting, whether I'm rooting for or against him.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.