UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> When Nate got KO'd ...

4/24/13 2:23 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
GuillotineNoCanDefend
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Cerrone is to credit for people waking up and not playing into Nate's taunting. He was the last one to fall into that trap and got beat up for 3 rounds and admitted that it was his fault he fell for it. No one since has made that same mistake and looks like that trend will follow.

Once Thompson landed that first headkick it was just a matter of time before he set it up again to finish the fight. He didn't get overzealous and predictable with it, but you knew if it landed flush the first time he's gonna come back to it.

Nate's fault for not defending himself. Crying and whining about Nate getting knocked out is just sand in the vagina. Nate didn't have his hands up, didn't defend it properly and got laid out. More crying and whining lately from the 209 (and fans) than working on improvements. More weight classes? LOL they wouldn't be champs there either.
4/24/13 2:26 PM
MasterofMartialArts
129 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

supremexb -
GSPushedInMyStinkEye - 
JuicedBeast -
caposa -

The disrespect in this thread is pathetic. You guys realize this isn't WWE right?

Posts saying they hope to see Nate beat to death. Nice job by the mods here.

I guess this is what happens when pro wrestling fans start watching a real sport. They still can't seperate real life from entertainment.

Beat to death, no sorry not my thing! Now beating some respect and humility into Diaz I'm fine with!

If knockouts aren't your thing you're probably in the wrong sport! Phone Post
Gimme a break. Is daddies little girl really gonna cry about Nate an his taunting during a fight? It's just as much a part if his game as takedowns are to GSP's. Nate is always very respectful after the fight, win or lose.

I'm with caposa, fuck all these opportunist assholes who like to kick fighters while they're down. Phone Post 3.0

yes cause takedowns and middle fingers are the same thing, DUH! GTFO with this shit! People are gonna be happy when a cocky Dbag gets knocked out, sorry thats the way it is.
This
Show some fucking respect in the cage, part of the reason I watch MMA is the whole art and honor part of it. Nate isn't as bad as Nick, but GTFO with his in cage antics are the same as GSP takedowns. I usually agree with you Caposa but I don't on this one. I'm not saying I want to see Nate get beat to death, but I liked seeing him get KO'd. Just like I liked seeing Overeem get KO'd by Bigfoot after he was so disrespectful. Phone Post 3.0
4/24/13 3:06 PM
MachidasBrew

GSP24 - There's so much disrespect in this thread for such a great fighter. Phone Post 3.0
You and I don't always see eye to eye, but you're getting vote ups everytime I see your posts for a week. Phone Post 3.0
4/24/13 4:00 PM
GSPushedInMyStinkEye
444 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MasterofMartialArts -
supremexb -
GSPushedInMyStinkEye - 
JuicedBeast -
caposa -

The disrespect in this thread is pathetic. You guys realize this isn't WWE right?

I guess this is what happens when pro wrestling fans start watching a real sport. They still can't seperate real life from entertainment.

Beat to death, no sorry not my thing! Now beating some respect and humility into Diaz I'm fine with!

Gimme a break. Is daddies little girl really gonna cry about Nate an his taunting during a fight? It's just as much a part if his game as takedowns are to GSP's. Nate is always very respectful after the fight, win or lose.

I'm with caposa, fuck all these opportunist assholes who like to kick fighters while they're down. Phone Post 3.0

yes cause takedowns and middle fingers are the same thing, DUH! GTFO with this shit! People are gonna be happy when a cocky Dbag gets knocked out, sorry thats the way it is.
This
Show some fucking respect in the cage, part of the reason I watch MMA is the whole art and honor part of it. Nate isn't as bad as Nick, but GTFO with his in cage antics are the same as GSP takedowns. I usually agree with you Caposa but I don't on this one. I'm not saying I want to see Nate get beat to death, but I liked seeing him get KO'd. Just like I liked seeing Overeem get KO'd by Bigfoot after he was so disrespectful. Phone Post 3.0
The "art and honor" of it? GTFO. A lot of fighters do subscribe to that traditional way of thinking, but Nate sure as hell isn't the only cocky fighter in the game. Not even close.
As I said, when the fight's over he's always respectful. Much more respectful than some of you twats who act way worse than The very fighters you claim to not like. Phone Post 3.0
4/24/13 4:16 PM
AttentionDeficitDizzle
166 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

wasssp - When Nate got KO'd, who else felt sick to their stomach? Seriously, I haven't felt such a slug to the gut from a fight since Tarver Ko'd Roy Jones Jr.

After seeing that, the rest of my weekend was hellagrey and dreary. I'm only now starting to come out of my funk.

I can understand how your ghetto wigger hero being KO'd hurt your feelings.  I could not imagine what would happen if Eminem ended up in jail for hardcore jaywalking, you might become suicidal.

4/24/13 4:20 PM
caposa
1768 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

JuicedBeast - 
caposa -

Beating some respect and humility into him? See this is what I'm talking about, you think this is the WWE or something. I can assure you that Josh Thomson, Donald Cerrone, Ben Henderson, and anyone Nate has fought and taunted in the octagon has a ton of respect for him. But "JuicedBeast" on MMA.TV says he needs respect and humility beat into of him. This is professional prize fighting not pro wrestling. Throw your respect and humility out the window.

4/24/13 4:22 PM
wheeels

was the best part of my week.. Diaz's need to get KO'd more often.
4/24/13 4:24 PM
Jaybrone
468 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I was like OH SHIT! In a good way cause that was IMPRESSIVE. I have been a Thomson fan for a long time and said he had a shot and he is being overlooked by most Diaz fans. He deserves to get some credit finally good for him.

4/24/13 4:30 PM
Jaybrone
468 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ortman166 - 
therealeags - He wasn't KO'd. He went from flat on face, to knees while turtling taken bombs, to one foot up and one knee down taking bombs. He was improving his position the whole time and could have kept going.
With all that said...it was over.
Yes he was never out, but it wasn't a bad stoppage IMO Phone Post 3.0

Can't tell if serious...

Bad stoppage? His own corner threw the towel in as it was being stopped. They didn't even want it to go on.

4/24/13 4:49 PM
rightjab77
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

JayBRO - He's been retired for how many years now? Leave the poor guy alone, Franklin was in his Prime and could have KO'd almost anyone in the division with that punch. Phone Post 3.0

That's exactly the fight I thought of too when I read the thread title... hahaha!!!
4/24/13 5:03 PM
MartialArtsMixed
108 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

yeah I couldn't believe how the SF WW champion and former Top MW contender got ko'd like that by Ellenberger.
4/24/13 5:55 PM
Jaybrone

Leghound -
Winston Wolf - not aDiaz fan but they take on all comers

...not named Jason Miller

Lol Phone Post 3.0
4/24/13 6:06 PM
MasterofMartialArts
129 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

GSPushedInMyStinkEye -
MasterofMartialArts -
supremexb -
GSPushedInMyStinkEye - 
JuicedBeast -
caposa -

This
The "art and honor" of it? GTFO. A lot of fighters do subscribe to that traditional way of thinking, but Nate sure as hell isn't the only cocky fighter in the game. Not even close.
As I said, when the fight's over he's always respectful. Much more respectful than some of you twats who act way worse than The very fighters you claim to not like. Phone Post 3.0
Are you really fucking telling me what to believe and what to like about MMA? Like it or not, honor and respect are the foundational basis for martial arts. Call me traditional, call me lame, call me whatever. When I watch MMA, I like to see guys bow. I like to see guys shake hands before and after fights. I like to see guys dedicate themselves to their art. Fighters can choose to subscribe to whichever way of thinking they want, but I can pick and choose which fighters I have alot of respect for. Diaz brothers aren't getting it from me. They bring it every time and are mentally tough, but they lack budo, which I find incredibly important, and rare these days. You can believe whatever you want, but don't tell me what I believe. Look past your own existence. Phone Post 3.0
4/24/13 6:58 PM
Mark Hunts Pet Monkey
29 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I was rooting for The Punk, so I was pretty satisfied with the outcome. Phone Post 3.0
4/24/13 9:05 PM
GSPushedInMyStinkEye
444 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MasterofMartialArts - 
GSPushedInMyStinkEye -
MasterofMartialArts -
supremexb -
GSPushedInMyStinkEye - 
JuicedBeast -
caposa -

This
Are you really fucking telling me what to believe and what to like about MMA? Like it or not, honor and respect are the foundational basis for martial arts. Call me traditional, call me lame, call me whatever. When I watch MMA, I like to see guys bow. I like to see guys shake hands before and after fights. I like to see guys dedicate themselves to their art. Fighters can choose to subscribe to whichever way of thinking they want, but I can pick and choose which fighters I have alot of respect for. Diaz brothers aren't getting it from me. They bring it every time and are mentally tough, but they lack budo, which I find incredibly important, and rare these days. You can believe whatever you want, but don't tell me what I believe. Look past your own existence. Phone Post 3.0

I'm not telling you shit about what to believe or who to like. How did you get that out of THAT?! I was saying... don't act like the Diaz bros are the only fighters out there who don't bow and shake hands BEFORE fights. They're also not the only ones who talk shit leading up to and during a fight. Deal with it. MMA is a different animal than a singular martial art. I bet dollars to donuts that both Diaz bros bow and do every other little traditional thing in a BJJ match, just like everyone else.

Nobody gives a shit if you like them or not, especially not me, so don't get all discombobulated.  If constant bowing and humility are your thing you're probably in the wrong sport.

4/25/13 2:32 AM
MasterofMartialArts

GSPushedInMyStinkEye -
MasterofMartialArts - 
GSPushedInMyStinkEye -
MasterofMartialArts -
supremexb -
GSPushedInMyStinkEye - 
JuicedBeast -
caposa -

This

I'm not telling you shit about what to believe or who to like. How did you get that out of THAT?! I was saying... don't act like the Diaz bros are the only fighters out there who don't bow and shake hands BEFORE fights. They're also not the only ones who talk shit leading up to and during a fight. Deal with it. MMA is a different animal than a singular martial art. I bet dollars to donuts that both Diaz bros bow and do every other little traditional thing in a BJJ match, just like everyone else.

Nobody gives a shit if you like them or not, especially not me, so don't get all discombobulated.  If constant bowing and humility are your thing you're probably in the wrong sport.

I never said I have a problem with pre fight trash talk, it's IN CAGE that I can't stand. And they ARE the only ones that do that, so I'm not sure what other current fighters you are talking about. All I said was I have little respect for them, I said I liked MMA for the art and you said "GTFO" as a response, so yeah that sounds a little like you are telling me I can't believe that. I didn't saying constant bowing, that's fucking retarded, I can watch MMA and still appreciate the fundamental principles of martial arts. I'm not sure why that's a problem. You can like the Diaz Bros all you want, I don't care. I never attacked you personally, so I'm not sure why you even responded the way you did. Phone Post 3.0
4/25/13 3:22 AM
wasssp

AttentionDeficitDizzle - 
wasssp - When Nate got KO'd, who else felt sick to their stomach? Seriously, I haven't felt such a slug to the gut from a fight since Tarver Ko'd Roy Jones Jr.

After seeing that, the rest of my weekend was hellagrey and dreary. I'm only now starting to come out of my funk.

I can understand how your ghetto wigger hero being KO'd hurt your feelings.  I could not imagine what would happen if Eminem ended up in jail for hardcore jaywalking, you might become suicidal.

Ghetto wigger hero? Whaa?? Dude, I'm Black. And the Diaz bros are Mexican-American. That's like calling Melvin Guillard a fist-pumping, guido wannabe.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.