UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Jon Jones - Body At HW

4/23/13 2:03 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Fraser_Finlay
224 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Is it just me that is fucking dying because of the OP's romo?

VTFU! Phone Post 3.0
4/23/13 2:45 AM
slamming
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Chaelismyhero - 
slamming - 
Chaelismyhero - Don't let these other poster confuse you...Jon Jones is a MASSIVE light heavyweight. Probably the biggest in MMA history,other than Travis Wuiff.

Look at Jon's fight vs. Bader. Bader is a big ass dude and he looked like a kid.

You dont know a thing. LOL @ "Probably the biggest in MMA history"... Good lord..

Alright. Who is bigger?

As far as weight in the cage... Stephan Bonnar, Forres Griffin, Vinny Magalhaes, Ryan Bader...off the top of my head.
4/23/13 3:35 AM
Diazed And Confused
71 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fraser_Finlay - Is it just me that is fucking dying because of the OP's romo?

VTFU! Phone Post 3.0

Haha I think you're the only one that noticed. Returned the favor :)

4/23/13 3:46 AM
Okkun
49 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The only thing freaky about Jones is his reach. His weight and height aren't that uncommon.

4/23/13 11:04 AM
NHBDaddy
57 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Elvis - 

Jones should be a LHW as long as he manages to make the weight limit. Anyone who says otherwise is a fool.

Could he make an effective and dominante HW, now doubt. But if he choses LHW and makes the weight then he is a LHW. Lots of the LHW's are retardedly big off season (Forrest, Bonner, Rampage, etc) but they make the weight at weigh in and there are are LHW.

This guy should know!!
4/23/13 7:36 PM
Diazed And Confused
71 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I wonder if you could trace their ancestry to a similar area in Africa Phone Post 3.0
4/23/13 7:55 PM
gonzaru3
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Never gonna pay Taxes -
MMAtador - 
Joshua King - Kongo,hall,jones and Davis all have the same structure. Phone Post 3.0
And Fallon fox Phone Post

Haha vote this man up (i can't today)
Done. Phone Post 3.0
4/23/13 7:59 PM
Ministry of Truth
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

T Bag - 
Ministry of Truth - 
T Bag - Diabate, Kingsbury, Bonnar, Gustaffson, Phil Davis, Vinny...all these LHWs are around Bones' size but no one cries that they're "too big"

Diabate is the only one with a similar build (crazy reach and toothpick legs).

So Jones should be a heavyweight BECAUSE of his toothpick legs? The argument was that he was too big for HW, not that his "build" should require him to fight at HW.
All of those guys are within a small percentage of Jones plus or minus on height/weight/reach.

I didn't write that, did I?
4/24/13 8:27 PM
T Bag

Phisher - 
Never gonna pay Taxes - 
T Bag - 
Never gonna pay Taxes - Jones really should be at HW hes just TOO big for the dudes at LHW imo. But i don't see him beating guys like Velasquez or JDS, maybe not even Overeem. But all of those would be great fights

He weighed in at 215 last week...on what planet is that too big for LHW?
Oh you mean, his arms are too long for LHW

He walks around at like 230-240 i thought. Hes way taller than everyone and longer. The only other fight i wanna see with him at LHW is Alexander Gustafsson then he should move up

"Walk around weight" is a totally meaningless term. This is what Jones looks like when he weighs 230:

He weighs under 220 after a camp. That's totally normal for a LHW.

ZOMG. Look at how massive he is! He looks like a Super Heavyweight!
4/27/13 9:54 PM
Diazed And Confused

TTT Phone Post 3.0
4/27/13 10:19 PM
Vulva Fabulous
722 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

razorramon217 - Jones is a monster and will dominate any weight class he decides to play in.
Rousey takes his arm home with her. Phone Post
4/27/13 10:37 PM
Vulva Fabulous
722 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

T Bag -
Phisher - 
Never gonna pay Taxes - 
T Bag - 
Never gonna pay Taxes - Jones really should be at HW hes just TOO big for the dudes at LHW imo. But i don't see him beating guys like Velasquez or JDS, maybe not even Overeem. But all of those would be great fights

He weighed in at 215 last week...on what planet is that too big for LHW?
Oh you mean, his arms are too long for LHW

He walks around at like 230-240 i thought. Hes way taller than everyone and longer. The only other fight i wanna see with him at LHW is Alexander Gustafsson then he should move up

"Walk around weight" is a totally meaningless term. This is what Jones looks like when he weighs 230:

He weighs under 220 after a camp. That's totally normal for a LHW.

ZOMG. Look at how massive he is! He looks like a Super Heavyweight!
I feel the only thing missing in this picture is Diego Sanchez shirtless and in jeans with one arm around JBJ and the other making a fist.

BUHHH-EEEEEEEEP Phone Post
4/30/13 5:40 AM
Diazed And Confused

BEEP Phone Post 3.0
4/30/13 5:53 AM
shawarma

A current Jones at HW would look like a current Anderson at LHW.

A bit soft, and clearly belonging to the weight class below.

The irony is that Jon Jones is being criticised for being too good at his normal weight class. People don't want him to move up because of his current physique, they want him to move up because he is head and shoulders (no pun intended) above everyone one else at his normal weight class.

For him to do a proper move up would require some lean mass gains, but it is worth having one or two fights like Anderson did at the weight above just to test the waters.

Whilst his actions/comments haven't endeared him to fans, he is a phenomenal fighter and we may as well enjoy what could be the greatest MMA career ever for the next decade.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.