UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Blue name for finding an image of Geo Omori

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

4/23/13 3:33 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Mulletron5000
1449 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Chareth Cutestory - http://mahajana.net/mistrzowie/wspolczesni/pictures/omori_sogen.jpg

Tekio Sogen

4/23/13 4:27 AM
Tat2tillidie
474 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

For CC

Phone Post 3.0
4/23/13 5:45 AM
UGCTT_chuckles1
187 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

LOL! Phone Post 3.0
4/23/13 7:05 AM
Kirik
2508 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The UnderGround, Mayor
Kingfanpaul - 

Famous :-)

4/23/13 7:06 AM
Kirik
2508 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The UnderGround, Mayor
Kirik - 
Kick Boxe - 

Thought I was gonna win! Looked at the archives of EVERY blackbelt magazine ever created, not even one mention of the bastard.

Maybe you guys will have better luck (or just wanna look, it's cool)

http://books.google.com/books?id=P9ADAAAAMBAJ&dq=black+belt&source=gbs_all_issues_r&cad=1

In fact I searched ALL of google books and there is one mention of him. Was able to trace it back to a 1928 New York Times article, but you have to pay for it, and I doubt it has pics

Did find out he died of food poisoning though, ain't that a bitch

What was link to NY Times? If it is in there, you get blue name.

NY Times piece was interesting, but had no image :-(

4/23/13 7:21 AM
JSho
508 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Kirik -
Kingfanpaul - 

on the far left

I believe that is Ono, not Omori. Anyone know anything definitive.

There were two Onos, references to the Maeda students in Belem mention the Ono brothers. Phone Post 3.0
4/23/13 7:31 AM
Letibleu
1853 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

4/23/13 7:47 AM
JSho
508 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm reasonably confident Omori is in this photo. It is described as Maedas first students in brazil, whic should include luis Franca filho, the Ono brothers and Carlos and geo Omori.

Maeda is back right, Carlos is bottom left.

Unclear when the pic was taken but in their subsequent matches Omori is described as "larger" than Carlos, so potentially the guy back left?

In case anyone wonders where Helio is in that pic, perhaps small and weak in the corner taking notes, busily perfecting the leverage points; Carlos was learning from Maeda when he was only 14, compare that to the ages of the other brothers. Carlos was born 1902, Osvaldo 1904, Gastao Jr in 1906, George in 1911 and Helio in 1913, so during the time period 1917 - 1921 when Carlos was with Maeda:
*Carlos was ~15 to 19 years old.
*Osvaldo was ~13 to 17 years old
*Gastao Jr was ~11 to 15 years old.
*George was ~6 to 10 years old.
*Helio was ~4 to 8 years old. Phone Post 3.0
4/23/13 7:52 AM
JSho

5/5/13 4:55 PM
Kirik

The UnderGround, Mayor
JSho - I'm reasonably confident Omori is in this photo. It is described as Maedas first students in brazil, whic should include luis Franca filho, the Ono brothers and Carlos and geo Omori.

Maeda is back right, Carlos is bottom left.

Unclear when the pic was taken but in their subsequent matches Omori is described as "larger" than Carlos, so potentially the guy back left?

In case anyone wonders where Helio is in that pic, perhaps small and weak in the corner taking notes, busily perfecting the leverage points; Carlos was learning from Maeda when he was only 14, compare that to the ages of the other brothers. Carlos was born 1902, Osvaldo 1904, Gastao Jr in 1906, George in 1911 and Helio in 1913, so during the time period 1917 - 1921 when Carlos was with Maeda:
*Carlos was ~15 to 19 years old.
*Osvaldo was ~13 to 17 years old
*Gastao Jr was ~11 to 15 years old.
*George was ~6 to 10 years old.
*Helio was ~4 to 8 years old. Phone Post 3.0

Any idea who is who?

5/5/13 5:53 PM
smurphys
799 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

http://i.imgur.com/L20WkTE.png Phone Post 3.0
5/5/13 6:02 PM
smurphys
799 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

So according to a few stories, including but not limited to "The Forgotten Golden Age Of Mixed Martial Arts" the photo I posted above and also this one reference the guy you ask for as the male individual

http://i.imgur.com/x6a3MWb.png Phone Post 3.0
5/5/13 6:04 PM
smurphys

Also "Catch Wrestling Round 2" showcases the same pictures Phone Post 3.0
5/5/13 6:17 PM
JSho

For smurphys

Phone Post 3.0
5/5/13 6:17 PM
JSho

And here

Phone Post 3.0
5/5/13 6:23 PM
smurphys

JSho - And here

Phone Post 3.0
Thank you sir! VU for your time Phone Post 3.0
5/6/13 12:14 AM
smurphys

So I'm assuming he found the picture! Phone Post 3.0
5/6/13 12:36 AM
WOOFticket
475 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

smurphys - So I'm assuming he found the picture! Phone Post 3.0
Phone Post
5/6/13 8:51 AM
Kirik

The UnderGround, Mayor
smurphys - So according to a few stories, including but not limited to "The Forgotten Golden Age Of Mixed Martial Arts" the photo I posted above and also this one reference the guy you ask for as the male individual

I looked through all four parts of The Forgotten Golden Age Of Mixed Martial Arts as well as the nine references to Geo Omori in Catch Wrestling Round 2, but I cannot find anything tieing the two images to Omori. Any help in this regard very gratefully received.

5/6/13 12:42 PM
smurphys

Kirik -
smurphys - So according to a few stories, including but not limited to "The Forgotten Golden Age Of Mixed Martial Arts" the photo I posted above and also this one reference the guy you ask for as the male individual

I looked through all four parts of The Forgotten Golden Age Of Mixed Martial Arts as well as the nine references to Geo Omori in Catch Wrestling Round 2, but I cannot find anything tieing the two images to Omori. Any help in this regard very gratefully received.

That's weird, because both pictures were referenced in both stories when they spoke of him, when I looked at it lol I give up Kirik...... That's all I could come up with Phone Post 3.0
5/6/13 12:44 PM
smurphys

Kirik -

Also Kirik in the book "Catch Wrestling" when they speak of him this this picture is on the opposing page. But that what was in the book.... Phone Post 3.0
5/9/13 5:03 AM
smurphys

Was this able to work? Phone Post 3.0
5/9/13 6:49 AM
JSho

If you posted a 3rd link it doesn't show Phone Post 3.0
5/9/13 7:06 AM
Kirik

The UnderGround, Mayor
smurphys - 
Kirik -

Also Kirik in the book "Catch Wrestling" when they speak of him this this picture is on the opposing page. But that what was in the book.... Phone Post 3.0

What please is the page number?

5/10/13 3:13 AM
smurphys

Sorry Kirik I have no idea, not gonna scroll through the whole thing again it's takes forever on my adobe reader lol good luck brotha hope you find what you're looking for Phone Post 3.0

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.