UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Anthony Pettis: I'm still the best at 155

4/22/13 11:11 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1226 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

With his January TKO win over Donald Cerrone, Anthony Pettis cemented his spot as the number one contender in the lightweight division. Unfortunately for Pettis that would also mean sitting on the shelf as champion Benson Henderson was set to defend that title against Gilbert Melendez. With the chance to fight for an immediate title, Pettis made the decision to move down to featherweight and fight champion Jose Aldo.

Despite now being a part of the featherweight division, and after watching Benson Henderson fight Melendez, Pettis still believes he's the best lightweight in the world:

@ShowtimePettis: Still convinced I'm the best at 155!!

read official Twitter...

4/22/13 11:14 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Chisel Chest
22 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I believe Phone Post 3.0
4/22/13 11:18 PM
in_different
28 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think the UFC butchered the Pettis situation. There was no reason to make Pettis wait so long to fight Aldo.

If Aldo wanted a layoff after his last fight, they could have had Bendo vs Pettis lined up in July or August. Aldo could have defended his belt against TKZ or Llamas around the same time, then moved up to fight the winner of Pettis vs Henderson in the end of the year card.
4/22/13 11:22 PM
thatkidrichard91
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

in_different - I think the UFC butchered the Pettis situation. There was no reason to make Pettis wait so long to fight Aldo.

If Aldo wanted a layoff after his last fight, they could have had Bendo vs Pettis lined up in July or August. Aldo could have defended his belt against TKZ or Llamas around the same time, then moved up to fight the winner of Pettis vs Henderson in the end of the year card.

They butchered pretty much all pettis title shots by having him sit and wait or take other fights. He's like the hendricks of LW
4/22/13 11:26 PM
bakobell

All credibility is lost with the exclamation marks. !!!!! Phone Post 3.0
4/22/13 11:27 PM
kingkoopa

thatkidrichard91 -
in_different - I think the UFC butchered the Pettis situation. There was no reason to make Pettis wait so long to fight Aldo.

They butchered pretty much all pettis title shots by having him sit and wait or take other fights. He's like the hendricks of LW
. Phone Post
4/22/13 11:29 PM
cross3dout
34 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He's right Phone Post 3.0
4/22/13 11:31 PM
BrattMamley
1225 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

As much as I love Pettis vs Aldo I would have loved to see a benson vs Pettis rematch. Phone Post 3.0
4/22/13 11:31 PM
swatmrbig
67 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Didn't believe it after the guida fight, but he seems to have improved a lot since and it's hard to disagree with him. Phone Post 3.0
4/22/13 11:47 PM
epic hero

cross3dout - He's right Phone Post 3.0

For sure
4/22/13 11:48 PM
FedorEmilioEstevez
50 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Guida shut him down

I think he's up there a s should have had an immediate shot when he merged but let's see him against another wrestler at 155 before calling him the best Phone Post 3.0
4/22/13 11:51 PM
Logan Stantons finger
30 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I just don't see why we have to wait so long for the Aldo fight. It's ridiculous.

With the time he's waiting, he could have just waited and fought Benson again.

Ugh. Phone Post 3.0
4/22/13 11:51 PM
epic hero

FedorEmilioEstevez - Guida shut him down

I think he's up there a s should have had an immediate shot when he merged but let's see him against another wrestler at 155 before calling him the best Phone Post 3.0

He stalled
4/23/13 12:00 AM
Jaybrone
470 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Pettis is fucking himself out of the title shot at 155 this time. He called out Aldo, he could have waited it isn't like he is fighting that soon after this last 155 title fight.  It's still 4 months off he could have waited for the winner of this fight.

4/23/13 12:02 AM
Andersons_Chin
25 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The good thing is Pettis is young. He'll have time to move back up to 55s an get some good work in. Phone Post 3.0
4/23/13 12:10 AM
Silverball
22 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

swatmrbig - Didn't believe it after the guida fight, but he seems to have improved a lot since and it's hard to disagree with him. Phone Post 3.0

This, and if anything the Guida fight made him better by exposing a glaring hole in his game.

I respect what he's trying to do by going down and challenging Aldo, who is the tougher matchup for Pettis, and in my opinion the better of the two champions.
4/23/13 12:16 AM
Thuglife13
172 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Showtime Gang or don't bang!
4/23/13 12:19 AM
Klownoh

Yup Phone Post
4/23/13 12:21 AM
Knippz

I think he is
4/23/13 12:30 AM
Timtek

He deserted the division a few months ago. End of story.
4/23/13 12:34 AM
HolyHackZack
404 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It is getting really hard for me to say 'So and so is my favorite fighter in their division.' with everyone changing around so much. Phone Post 3.0
4/23/13 12:35 AM
nolabrum

Jaybrone -

Pettis is fucking himself out of the title shot at 155 this time. He called out Aldo, he could have waited it isn't like he is fighting that soon after this last 155 title fight.  It's still 4 months off he could have waited for the winner of this fight.

Pettis is fighting for the 145 strap. If he wins that I don't see him losing anytime soon. He will also be way more marketable as a guy moving up in weight to fight for the 155 strap. Phone Post 3.0
4/23/13 1:11 AM
jimbonice

Pettis is correctumundo. That kick off the cage into bendo's head is a classic highlight. Phone Post
4/23/13 1:15 AM
SQUEEZIE

nolabrum - 
Jaybrone -

Pettis is fighting for the 145 strap. If he wins that I don't see him losing anytime soon. He will also be way more marketable as a guy moving up in weight to fight for the 155 strap. Phone Post 3.0

this.it wil depend on the out come.

if he wins=fucking brilliant move both for pay,status and legacy

if he loses=should have waited and fought bendo.

but what happens if pettis loses to aldo...does pettis get to then fight again for he vacant strap at 145? or do lamas and zombie get to give it a go?

what if pettis wins...do him and also fight again or does he move up and fight bendo...does aldo then get to fight for the vacated 145 belt he just lost or does he move up any way?

so much different shit could happen no matter who wins this fight between pettis ad aldo...

do you love it baby? wel idk about you but my body is ready!

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.