UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> A story about tonights training I had

4/23/13 3:08 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
DanTheWolfman
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 04/23/13 6:27 AM

Had a great night training at Gokor Chivichyan Hayastan Academy starting with a great interview that will be coming your way with Karo Parisyan. Then I rolled hard fast paced 5 5 min rounds of MMA light grappling (Hard Grappling with light strikes) with UFC's Manny G......about the 4th round I think when I was jacked up against the cage taking some hits I got nailed with a Rare Bas Crusher Submission that I don't think I have ever been caught with before. I normally don't share too much about training stories but admitting to being submitted every now and then doesn't hurt so hope no one minds my story. I then rolled a couple more rounds with a Ammy Fighter with good jiu-jitsu, and I got a rare Catch Wrestling "The Rack" or "Rack Em'" Submission and since I also kept getting top crucifix position and he has a fight coming up shared the Crucifix escape and drilled it that I showed below and think Chael (or Maybe Jones) might end up needing this SAT UFC. Then after calling Gene LeBell Uncle Gene he told me stories of how being called Uncle started for him and guys like Karl Gotch and Lou Thesz.

I also shared with him my story about being tried by fire by Takada Nobuhiko Pride president at Takada Dojo and having to do a 1 Hour Long Almost real Iron Man fight (without me knowing we were going for 1 WHOLE HOUR or how hard! I wanted to see if Gene had heard of a Iron Man like thing to weed out or test peeps before but he said they usually just put someone in with a real Hooker/Shooter like him, Gotch, Thesz to stretch em' as the recent Pro matches turned real thread had me wondering) w a youngboy fighter Satou Takanori that seemed to test both me and him (he fought in Sengoku later on) that earned me the right to train with Kazushi Sakuraba, Satou the guy who's ankle I broke with leg kicks (and I also had a bad hematoma though we both kept fighting until the 1 hour was up, and 1 other fighter for two weeks at Takada Dojo. All in all a great night of Grappling, MMA, Catch Wrestling submissions and Catch Wrestling history on Real Hookers/Shooters. Thought some of you might like the story and others would comment on the name dropping :) but last time I checked this was an MMA forum :)

I think you guys will really like the Karo interview where I definitely mention the UG. I am holding off a few days hoping I can coordinate some rolling/sparring footage with Karo to edit in but no No gi training Wed as Armenian Genocide history day so not sure when.
4/23/13 3:44 AM
DanTheWolfman

Edited: 04/23/13 3:53 AM
I'm Happy, just got an email from amazing Catch Wrestler/sub grappler in MMA with tons of wins and sub Dennis Hallman, first person to see my 2nd Advanced MMA, Cage Tactics, and Catch Wrestling Seminar DVD footage and he loved it and my amazing anti-cage techniques that should end Wall N' Stall. Waiting to hear back from another old school vet and occasional UG poster that had me send it to him.
4/23/13 3:48 AM
ThEUniT

WolfPack and great story. Also can wall and stall be ended with Greco guys in mma? Phone Post
4/23/13 3:49 AM
ThEUniT

WolfPack and great story. Also can wall and stall be ended with Greco guys in mma? Phone Post
4/23/13 3:52 AM
DanTheWolfman

Do I honestly believe Mir could have pulled off some of my techniques on DC? Yes, of course. Your are not going to beat a much better wrestler by trying to wrestle to turn yourself off the cage. Just like to all ACTIVE higher level Pro's I will send my Seminar DVDs to them via email ways and use of the force if they should request.
4/23/13 3:57 AM
DanTheWolfman

I wonder what the interest would be for me to go get all my old school NHB/MMA pics scanned onto disk/drive so I could upload them all???? I have always meant to do this just keep putting it off or waiting until my tell all book :)
4/23/13 4:03 AM
DanTheWolfman

Edited: 04/23/13 4:03 AM

photo Karo3_zps5aedfcc6.jpg photo Karo2_zps7db5a5a1.jpg photo Karo1-Copy_zpsb71908f7.jpgCrucifix & Top Wrist Lock Keylock! photo CrucifixampTopWristLockKeylock_zpsc7d55d1d.jpg

4/23/13 4:11 AM
Dirty Harold
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

cool pic with Karo bro! what is he like, cool dude?
4/23/13 4:16 AM
DanTheWolfman

Edited: 04/23/13 4:18 AM
Dude I've been rolling with Karo/Manny/Gokor and training with Gene off and on since 2002. It's a good interview. I want to start getting training footage with guys. W guys like Karo, Manny I feel like I can ask, with other guys IDK. It would have been cool if I could have gotten some footage going with Werdum, plan on going down to Kings again real soon. Trying to get interviews with DC and Chael possibly too. I like training all over and getting different looks and feels. Last Wed rolled w BB Steve Cardenas first time at his school former Powr Ranger for like 5-6 rounds

Sometimes Karo is all like "Come at me bro" but other times I am like "No Bro, come at me" lol
4/23/13 5:35 AM
pence1

Wow, great read, thank you for taking the time to post.
4/23/13 5:41 AM
12SixElbow
614 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wow cool story, always love your stuff Dan.

You got to train with Sakuraba? Incredible.

4/23/13 6:09 AM
DanTheWolfman

Edited: 04/23/13 6:30 AM

thanks, glad you guys enjoyed it. Karo's looking to do seminars too I just saw on his FB, let me or Jason Chambers know if anyone has serious interest, I am sure we would pass it along. Severn interested in seminars as well. And also myself. Yep trained with Saku (though I got the feeling he was very Ethnocentric if you get my drift-me being non-Japanese though we are FB friends now lol...you guys bash me, but I am BIG IN JAPAN lol), I believe he stayed for most of my hour fight watching too while Takada and other big guy Pride vet reffed Pride like (hate that S T Y L E word is banned auto on here). Got taught something Nasty Saku does when he triangles peeps. Also, a lot of drilling on cross to knee bump takedown, which I have now advanced into attack by drawing/angle of attack into cobra punch knee bump takedown and Kali tudo entry to same (tested with me by Marc Denny back in the day and I've been testing it live) I actually alternating training at Takada Dojo and TK's w lots of Pride fighters my 3rd out of 4th trip to Japan that that was.

Everytime I'm asked by Uncle Gene "Want to hear a story" I feel honored and amazed.

one last thing "RCW...RCW...RCW"

http://www.TheCombatSystem.com I swear I give 10 or 12 hrs of major Info gained in lifetime of training for way cheaper than most w my DVD packages

4/23/13 9:32 AM
Son of Neckbone
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TTT for Karo "Bro" Parmesian!
4/23/13 11:21 AM
Kirik
1634 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The UnderGround, Mayor

Very cool story :-)

4/23/13 11:22 AM
Tat2tillidie
365 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Good shit Dan good shit !!! Vu Phone Post 3.0
4/23/13 11:34 AM
Forest Whitakers Lazy Eye
151 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

DanTheWolfman - Dude I've been rolling with Karo/Manny/Gokor and training with Gene off and on since 2002. It's a good interview. I want to start getting training footage with guys. W guys like Karo, Manny I feel like I can ask, with other guys IDK. It would have been cool if I could have gotten some footage going with Werdum, plan on going down to Kings again real soon. Trying to get interviews with DC and Chael possibly too. I like training all over and getting different looks and feels. Last Wed rolled w BB Steve Cardenas first time at his school former Powr Ranger for like 5-6 rounds

Sometimes Karo is all like "Come at me bro" but other times I am like "No Bro, come at me" lol
Phone Post 3.0
4/23/13 11:53 AM
Oprahs Queefs Are My Air Supply
219 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

DanTheWolfman - Had a great night training at Gokor Chivichyan Hayastan Academy starting with a great interview that will be coming your way with Karo Parisyan. Then I rolled hard fast paced 5 5 min rounds of MMA light grappling (Hard Grappling with light strikes) with UFC's Manny G......about the 4th round I think when I was jacked up against the cage taking some hits I got nailed with a Rare Bas Crusher Submission that I don't think I have ever been caught with before. I normally don't share too much about training stories but admitting to being submitted every now and then doesn't hurt so hope no one minds my story. I then rolled a couple more rounds with a Ammy Fighter with good jiu-jitsu, and I got a rare Catch Wrestling "The Rack" or "Rack Em'" Submission and since I also kept getting top crucifix position and he has a fight coming up shared the Crucifix escape and drilled it that I showed below and think Chael (or Maybe Jones) might end up needing this SAT UFC. Then after calling Gene LeBell Uncle Gene he told me stories of how being called Uncle started for him and guys like Karl Gotch and Lou Thesz.

I also shared with him my story about being tried by fire by Takada Nobuhiko Pride president at Takada Dojo and having to do a 1 Hour Long Almost real Iron Man fight (without me knowing we were going for 1 WHOLE HOUR or how hard! I wanted to see if Gene had heard of a Iron Man like thing to weed out or test peeps before but he said they usually just put someone in with a real Hooker/Shooter like him, Gotch, Thesz to stretch em' as the recent Pro matches turned real thread had me wondering) w a youngboy fighter Satou Takanori that seemed to test both me and him (he fought in Sengoku later on) that earned me the right to train with Kazushi Sakuraba, Satou the guy who's ankle I broke with leg kicks (and I also had a bad hematoma though we both kept fighting until the 1 hour was up, and 1 other fighter for two weeks at Takada Dojo. All in all a great night of Grappling, MMA, Catch Wrestling submissions and Catch Wrestling history on Real Hookers/Shooters. Thought some of you might like the story and others would comment on the name dropping :) but last time I checked this was an MMA forum :)

I think you guys will really like the Karo interview where I definitely mention the UG. I am holding off a few days hoping I can coordinate some rolling/sparring footage with Karo to edit in but no No gi training Wed as Armenian Genocide history day so not sure when.

4/23/13 3:13 PM
DanTheWolfman

thanks guys, was just sharing, going through girl trouble right now and training cheered me up
4/26/13 9:02 PM
DanTheWolfman

HAHA, Takada just "liked" My Post I did above under my Karo Pics on Facebook.......

Sure, light sparring, no cup, no shin guards....WHAM full power head kick........Thinking we are going 3, maybe 4 5 min rounds since Pride was 20 mins total.......Sure, light sparring haha

"Wolfman, More Action" "Wolfman, lighten up on Ground and Pound"
4/26/13 9:13 PM
Oprahs Queefs Are My Air Supply
219 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

DanTheWolfman - HAHA, Takada just "liked" My Post I did above under my Karo Pics on Facebook.......

Sure, light sparring, no cup, no shin guards....WHAM full power head kick........Thinking we are going 3, maybe 4 5 min rounds since Pride was 20 mins total.......Sure, light sparring haha

"Wolfman, More Action" "Wolfman, lighten up on Ground and Pound"

4/26/13 9:14 PM
Kostakio
457 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

VU Phone Post 3.0
4/26/13 10:47 PM
crowbar
675 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 04/26/13 10:48 PM
Scott the Prince - "I normally don't share too much about training stories..."

LOL. Nah never.

Dan likes to gauge his popularity here on the forum,please refrain from his desire to live vicariously through successful fighters he has trained with.

4/26/13 10:50 PM
PittWrestler
114 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 04/26/13 10:53 PM

Cue, "Crowbar you hater!!!!!!" 

Edit to ask Dan - did I remember right you were on the bill to fight here in Portland for the FCFF?  Maybe like a charity match against Chael?  Swore I remember seeing a bill for that or something.

4/26/13 11:10 PM
UGCTT croy_00
85 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Scott the Prince - "I normally don't share too much about training stories..."

LOL. Nah never.
Lol, VTFU. Phone Post 3.0
4/26/13 11:16 PM
quality

Another excellent story. Fuck the haters. Let them talk shit.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.