Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
MMARAIDER
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Vinny at plus250, I'll take it.

Win me some money Vinny!! Phone Post
4/23/13 4:19 PM
X_Rated
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If Fabricio Werdum could not finish an armbar on Vinny, I don't see how Phil could pull it off

4/23/13 4:28 PM
UGCTT_FryedTakayama
859 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

dangerboy12 - I think Davis wins by submission

4/23/13 4:34 PM
AbbottMary
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hmmm i think its gonna come down to whether davis can outsrike vinny. If he can outsrike vinny then he will win.
4/23/13 5:17 PM
markiz

KingofBJJ - Hmmm. It seems that the UFC is going back to pitting grapplers against grapplers instead of grapplers vs strikers.

I wonder what point are they hoping to make with an accomplished BJJ vs and accomplished wrestler, that hasn't already been made long ago?

That just happened with Mir vs Cormier and it was mostly a clinch game that never seen the canvas.

Yea, but you can't throw Vinny vs Phil in the same bag.

Their backgrounds are similar to Cormier's and Mir's, but they're totally different animals when it comes to an mma fight.

If Phil Davis had a significant standup advantage or at least that one shot KO power, I'd say Vinny would be in a world of shit. Fortunately for Vinny (and all of LHW division) Davis doesn't have that. Judging from what I've seen so far, for a guy that size and blessed with freak atheticism Davis has surprisingly weak hands.

I don't know what the problem is, but he just isn't able to generate as much power and speed with his punches as he should've by now. Jack Slack should look into this one, would be fun to read.

Anyway - this fight is very interesting, because it's a clash of styles and although Davis is much more established, I'd say they're on the same level on paper, with very different ways of getting there.

Either Davis outpoints him with his kicking game and takedowns or Vinny's gonna submit him. Or it will be a borefest. Hope not.
4/23/13 5:18 PM
eljamaiquino
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Frank Gallagher -
eljamaiquino -
kungfugrip - Why does he keep saying "if he takes me down"? Why would Davis bring the fight to the ground? Is Mag's striking a bigger threat to Davis?

I see Davis making this a bad kick boxing match
Phil Davis has the worst striking at LHW... Phone Post
Wtf? Have you seen vinny punch? Phone Post
Vinny has Ko'ed someone in the past 3 years, whereas Phil hasn't .... Phone Post
4/23/13 5:21 PM
Phisher

eljamaiquino - 
Frank Gallagher -
eljamaiquino -
kungfugrip - Why does he keep saying "if he takes me down"? Why would Davis bring the fight to the ground? Is Mag's striking a bigger threat to Davis?

Vinny has Ko'ed someone in the past 3 years, whereas Phil hasn't .... Phone Post

You really think that Davis couldn't stop M-1 level fighters with strikes?

4/23/13 5:29 PM
Evzey
85 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Frank Gallagher -
eljamaiquino -

Seen his Head Kick KO? Phone Post
4/23/13 5:35 PM
Fabes
183 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mixed Martial Arts LLC, Moderator
Go get em Vinny!! Phone Post 3.0
4/23/13 7:11 PM
GodSaveTheReem
55 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If Vinny is getting wall 'n stalled then I really hope he just somehow jumps guard...
4/23/13 7:25 PM
Leghound
212 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I guess Vinny doesn't realize that making ridiculous claims only works once every now and than, not every time a mic is in front of you.

"Chael is gonna submit Silva"

"Chael is gonna submit JBJ"

"I'm gonna submit Davis in 10 seconds"

I guess he hopes that making statements like that will make people more likely to give him press?  Regardless, hoping for a good fight between the two and have it not look like what the oddsmakers would have you think it'll go down.

4/23/13 9:48 PM
claw11
110 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Can't wait for Vinny to get whooped. Phone Post 3.0
4/23/13 10:08 PM
MT11

Lmao this clown is outclassed in MMA w Phil Phone Post 3.0
4/23/13 10:26 PM
xsrg95
357 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

WAR MAGALHAES!

4/23/13 10:52 PM
jjchgo
84 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

$100 says vinny doesnt tap phil with in 10 seconds of phil taking him down.

any takers? vinny you want in on your own action?
4/23/13 11:04 PM
Oprahs Queefs Are My Air Supply
362 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I remember Vinny talking about surgery for his nose or airway as he said this is the reason he looks gassed.  Not word for word what I remember hearing about him but it was something to that affect.

4/23/13 11:29 PM
SHOOTMedia
102 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Phil Davis on TheSHOOT!

4/23/13 11:33 PM
Pessimist_Pete

Most excited for this fight. Davis is waaaayyyy overrated. Vinny gonna KO him. Head kick. Phone Post 3.0
4/23/13 11:39 PM
Illidan

Vinny won't submit him in 10 seconds.. He will need more time than that to set up something
4/24/13 2:16 AM
Arecsa
51 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I very much enjoyed Rashad humbling Davis for 25 straight minutes. Hopefully Vinny chokes him out.
4/24/13 8:03 AM
ChaosOverkill
678 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I fear a Davis LNP performance coming

4/24/13 8:39 PM
MDKSDMF
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

the only way vinny could do this would be to drop phil after the glove tap ( if they do) and then lock on a sub which in all honestly would take over 10 seconds. but i am def pulling for vin in this fight. i love watching the alliance guys but im more a fan of vin so WAR VINNY
4/24/13 8:59 PM
Mighty Cthulhu
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

LNP would be a best-case scenario for Vinny; that's like trying to LNP against Demian Maia. Davis can't hang with Vinny on the ground. Much more likely is wall-and-stall.

Probably a boring match, sad to say. Vinny's description of the internet criticism is a good summary of what is likely to happen ... shitty kickboxing, then Davis getting a takedown in the last 20 seconds to try to steal a round.
4/24/13 8:59 PM
Mighty Cthulhu
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

LNP would be a best-case scenario for Vinny; that's like trying to LNP against Demian Maia. Davis can't hang with Vinny on the ground. Much more likely is wall-and-stall.

Probably a boring match, sad to say. Vinny's description of the internet criticism is a good summary of what is likely to happen ... shitty kickboxing, then Davis getting a takedown in the last 20 seconds to try to steal a round.
4/28/13 11:45 AM
ABE FROMAN

Lol Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.