UnderGround Forums

Hawai'i Underground >> Honolulu deRAIL

4/23/13 12:24 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
fnunderful
118 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

http://www.hawaiireporter.com/honolulu-officials-praise-ansaldo-rail-deal-as-washington-metro-dumps-the-cash-strapped-italian-company-for-kawasaki/123

I've heard this guy Panos Prevedouros on the radio and he makes very intelligent arguments against rail in Hawaii. At 250 million dollars a mile, do we need much more of a reason to rethink a better solution? I'd like to see more Zeppelins...or how about the Jetson's tub system? shouldn't that be a thing by now?
4/23/13 1:16 PM
FCTV808
280 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

toll way ftmfw

4/23/13 1:33 PM
fnunderful
118 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He is on AM830 right now...
4/23/13 1:50 PM
JIMMYNAKS
308 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Isn't Panos the guy who also made statements about stricter regulation on Gov money freeloaders on welfare and in housing?

I thought he was going to win for sure! Phone Post 3.0
4/23/13 5:11 PM
Moke
133 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

250 million a mile??? WTF? That's not even taking into account the trains themselves and infrastructure and employees and waste...that's just to lay the rail down.

Talk about some fucken bullshit.
4/23/13 6:08 PM
fnunderful

Glad to spread around some rage!
4/23/13 7:07 PM
JIMMYNAKS
308 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The beginning of the end Phone Post 3.0
4/23/13 8:35 PM
Robobear
194 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I volunteer Jimmy to police the railway. A lone warrior on a dangerous quest for transit safety. Handing out swift justice to would be trouble makers. Instead of arresting offenders, he throws them from the moving train as it passes over sacred native grounds. Both sides are happy and it saves money.

4/23/13 10:03 PM
ChinoV
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fak the rail, any bastards that wants that shit should pay for it. Only people who want that shit are people who are going to get some kickback, and the rail workers who are guaranteed years of work and vacation off of our extra tax money.
4/23/13 10:10 PM
Moke
133 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 04/23/13 10:10 PM
So let me get this straight...the 1.5 Billion federal dollars coming to fund rail, is enough to lay 6 miles of track?
4/23/13 10:20 PM
Moke

...and in actual fact, all projected government budgets go over-budget by X2...so it'll be enough to lay 3 miles of track.
4/23/13 11:07 PM
FCTV808
280 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Robobear - 

I volunteer Jimmy to police the railway. A lone warrior on a dangerous quest for transit safety. Handing out swift justice to would be trouble makers. Instead of arresting offenders, he throws them from the moving train as it passes over sacred native grounds. Both sides are happy and it saves money.

i lol'd at this!

4/25/13 2:44 AM
TheAlchemist
54 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ChinoV - Fak the rail, any bastards that wants that shit should pay for it. Only people who want that shit are people who are going to get some kickback, and the rail workers who are guaranteed years of work and vacation off of our extra tax money.

werd

4/25/13 6:03 AM
JIMMYNAKS

Robobear - 

Sign me up!

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.