UnderGround Forums

S&C UnderGround >> Question for Taku

4/23/13 5:30 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
SidRon
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Taku, I read on the yoga thread that you recommended DDP Yoga. I was wondering if you could give some more insight on why you like that yoga program. Thanks in advance.

P.S. I posted this on the yoga thread as well but I wasn't sure if you were going back to it.
4/23/13 7:45 PM
Taku
151 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hey SR,

I have used elements of yoga at various times as part of my warm-up, cool-down, etc. Otherwise, I have never regularly used or practiced any specific type of yoga nor do I consider myself a yoga guy. 

Transparently, I have no personal experience with DDP Yoga. I have only heard positive things about it from others. I just threw it out there purely as one possible recommendation.

TAKU

4/23/13 7:48 PM
SidRon
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

thanks for the reply
4/24/13 12:05 PM
Wiggy
208 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

My two cents:

I don't have "DDP Yoga" in its new incarnation, but I do have YRG ("Yoga for Regular Guys"), which was the first version. I think the branding/product switch came as a result of him splitting w/his wife who was a part of YRG.

Anyway, the "Yoga for Regular Guys" moniker is the exact reason why I like it. It takes some good/useful/basic yoga principles, and puts them into a fashion that can be used by pretty much anyone without much of the "other" stuff that many times surrounds yoga.

I don't agree that it could (necessarily) be a "complete" program for guys that are in pretty good shape (you'd never be able to sufficiently tax strength or cardio, IMO), but for recovery, flexibility, ROM, and a whole lot of other stuff, it's pretty darn good and easy to fit into just about any basic S&C program you're doing.
4/24/13 10:16 PM
SidRon

Cool, thanks Wiggy
4/25/13 12:08 AM
Taku
151 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It was actually YRG that I had heard good things about as well. I did nit realize that the current DDP yoga was something different

TAKU

4/25/13 12:27 AM
SidRon

I ordered the DDP set this evening so we shall see :)

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.