UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> GSP wishes there were no rounds in MMA

4/24/13 6:53 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Lazer MMA
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Yep it takes time to earn a great position and there are NO rounds in real life to give fighters BS reprieves. UFC 1 rules are needed to find out who is really the best no question!

What they contest today is something different, less important but I'm still a fan.
4/24/13 7:04 AM
wisdomseeker76

wisdomseeker76 - 
Kick Boxe -

All you fucks that are for yellow cards should get money deducted from your paycheck if a project you're working on doesn't meet projections, or more realistically for this group you don't sell enough fries during your shift.

These are people, working jobs to make a living, they aren't slaves. Fighter pay is low enough as it is if you aren't a superstar. Taking money out of the fighters pockets is stupid and unethical, Dana, Joe, and everyone else with a brain agrees 100%.

Big John said if they instituted yellow cards he wouldn't use them, he would never take money from a fighter

Ok, I respect your opinion. I disagree with it, but I do see what you are saying.

Now offer a solution to prevent a fight from lasting hours.

It is very easy to say what is wrong and not offer a solution. Phone Post

Heres another idea for you to shit on.

1 round for 30 minutes. After 30 minutes if there is no winner, the fight is declared a draw. Both fighters get paid their SHOW moey.

No winner, no win money.

Performance based pay. Get paid to win.
4/24/13 8:28 AM
guardbr8kr

GSP is a beast!
4/24/13 8:29 AM
MattyECB
210 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I know everyone likes to shit on GSP, but if you've watched MMA enough to appreciate the stylistic nuances, I think it's hard to disagree that GSP would be devastating without rounds.

His MO is usually to tire and grind out opponents, usually with clinching, then GnP, then he open up with striking.

If he dragged someone into the championship rounds after 15-20minutes of just getting grapplfucked and beat on, I think it would get pretty ugly. All in all no rounds would suck imo because there are only a handful of elite fighters, even across all the weight classes, who'd have the workrate and stamina to manage, but still it's an interesting thought.

Gods though, could you imagine the middling or journeyman HW fights without rounds :S Would be pretty painful to watch.

It'd also stop alot of our favorite comebacks from happening. Some of my favorite moment are from watching fighters like Edgar rebound after devastating beat downs.
4/24/13 8:32 AM
MattyECB
210 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Kirik - 
RJJH - 

you people bitching to Keith are the reason we cant have nice things.

go slam your cocks in a desk drawer.

+1 (figuratively though)

Seriously though!

No one hates poor judging or the lack of accountability more than myself, well maybe alot of you could tie me lol, but how are we ever going to get any form of discourse when Kizer is immediately shat on the moment he decides to post.

The first few times I saw him post I reacted the same way, but after a while, you gotta realise when something is appropriate. Shitting on him in completely unrelated threads won't really get us anywhere.
4/24/13 8:41 AM
BigWilliam
329 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

HAHA, Keith killed that one, awesome! Seriously though no time limits/no rounds almost killed the sport. Anyone that thinks that is a good idea should go back and watch Royce/Shamrock two and Royce/Severn. Fuck those were boring fights.
4/24/13 8:45 AM
BandakaKush

All championship fights should be as close to the original UFC rules as possible to end all uncertainty of a victor. GSP’s style actually is the best for this type of rules because his style is very energy efficient. I doubt Benson Henderson would be champion under these rules but you know Anderson Silva would thrive under them.
4/24/13 8:51 AM
RJJH
99 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MattyECB - 
Kirik - 
RJJH - 

you people bitching to Keith are the reason we cant have nice things.

go slam your cocks in a desk drawer.

+1 (figuratively though)

Seriously though!

No one hates poor judging or the lack of accountability more than myself, well maybe alot of you could tie me lol, but how are we ever going to get any form of discourse when Kizer is immediately shat on the moment he decides to post.

The first few times I saw him post I reacted the same way, but after a while, you gotta realise when something is appropriate. Shitting on him in completely unrelated threads won't really get us anywhere.

exactly, it just makes us look bad and why would someone want to post here when they come here and get "cunt" etc.etc.??

and now we have come full circle as to why "famous" people in our sport have left this place over the years.

4/24/13 9:01 AM
SonOfThePeepHole
48 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

KeithKizer -

I have only so much OT pay in my budget

Lol nice Kieth, and howdy Phone Post
4/24/13 9:16 AM
ILoveWatchingJonesBoneShogun

This would be interesting in certain fights but as an every fight thing it would get old quick. Guys get tired and the pace slows down and both guys fall asleep in each others arms. Maybe most of you don't go back as far as me and didn't see UFC 1 and the early events live but most people hated these long fights with no action
4/24/13 9:25 AM
H@GG!S

Mr Kizer, is there anything being done to possibly get people with more MMA experience into judging.

Even possibly retired fighters etc...
4/24/13 10:05 AM
inf0
331 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

GSP with no rounds?

4/24/13 10:39 AM
jimbonice

GSP is correct. It isn't the ultimate fighter anymore; it's just a televised sport and these days one step up from professional wrestling. Fighting until an opponent is finished or taps is the only way to prove who is the best. The bottom game would become much more important; there would be no stand ups and fighters would have to fight their way out of bad situations. I'd love it, and I miss what the the ufc used to be. Phone Post
4/24/13 11:22 AM
SilverSpoon1996

There is only so much guy on guy humping I can stand to watch.... GSP might not be champion if this was the rules... since he cant finish anyone, it just gives more time for someone to catch him with a good shot and put him to sleep.
4/24/13 11:31 AM
RJJH
99 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

flipmode - 
RJJH - 
flipmode - 
KeithKizer - 

Cunt

you are the only cunt here, hopefully you get the ban hammer, your 200 posts wont be missed I assure you.

No chance, I have said much worse.

LOL @ "NO CHANCE"

good luck with that buddy

4/24/13 11:37 AM
alley
109 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I really like the idea of no rounds - there are no rounds in a real fight, no being saved by the bell. And it doesn't mean the fight would go on for an hour with no clear winner, like some posters have said. There could still be a 15 minute or 25 minute time limit. And if the fighters are just laying on each other, the ref could still stand them up.
4/24/13 11:42 AM
I hate links & marketing

In 4 keith Phone Post
4/24/13 12:01 PM
JediJitsu
34 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Kick Boxe -
KeithKizer - 

Still wants a time limit, just no rounds. Would actually make the fights 2 minutes shorter because of no breaks.

p.s. the nsac is a joke

. Phone Post 3.0
4/24/13 12:03 PM
ChipW
170 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"It’s like a girlfriend you love until she becomes a bitch.”- Rorion Gracie

That right there is solid gold!  LOL

4/24/13 12:40 PM
tiger07
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I reckon 15 and 25 mins straight is a great idea.

Also, no gloves is definitely a must!
4/24/13 12:54 PM
BuyTheTicketTakeTheRide
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Gobulcoque -
KeithKizer - 

Just steal some more money from fighters for Marijuana metabolites, or better yet, how about you fire some of your incompetent judges. That outta free up some funds.
boom! Phone Post 3.0
4/24/13 1:06 PM
MattyECB

ShoeMoney - 

I can't tell if he is saying he wants 25 mins with no rounds or no rounds no time limit period.

Either way IMO he has faded late in many of his last fights.  I think he is a amazing athlete but I don't think a point fighter would do well for 25 non stop mins.

He meant no rounds, but what are you talking about fading in many of his last fights?

Besides his very last fight where he kind of faded against Nick Diaz, which other ones are you talking about?

I wouldn't say Condit. Do you mean Shields when he lost vision in one of his eyes?

Certainly you don't mean any fights besides those two from his Hardy-Alves-Penn-Fitch-Serra-Hughes-Kos up to his last loss?

... Not trying to be dickish, actually curious.
4/24/13 1:48 PM
MattyECB

Finally finished the last 15 minutes of this, kinda cool bit from GSP. Condit is a badass lol

Apparently GSP was hospitalized because the kick damaged an artery in his temple.
4/24/13 2:06 PM
BshMstr
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

inf0 - 

GSP with no rounds?

LOL!
4/24/13 2:08 PM
BshMstr
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TeamRenzo4Life - 
Kazp306 - Thats why GSP is a legend, what a badass thing to say Phone Post 3.0

GSP says a lot of things. (I am going to put a beating on Diaz, time to walk the walk, blah blah blah) 7 decisions in his last 8 fights. Unless he pulls off some amazing finishes from now til he retires, any talk of him being amongst the Greatest of All Time will be laughable.
Mark my words: GSP never takes a fight with Anderson Silva, if he does The Spider makes him look worse than Forrest Griffin.

if there ends up being a Silva-GSP matchup, i genuinely think Anderson will get a locker room bonus for dragging the fight into the 5th before getting the finish.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.