UnderGround Forums

S&C UnderGround >> EDT training

4/23/13 9:19 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Dirtyzip
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Anyone tried EDT training(low reps, 10 sec breaks for 10-15 min)? If so is it worth trying? Phone Post 3.0
4/23/13 9:55 PM
NeoSpartan
490 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

workingclassfitness.com

better system imo
4/24/13 7:32 AM
Adventure Runner
108 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It always seemed like a sound system to me.  I never tried it though.

4/24/13 11:24 AM
vermonter
111 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Isn't the rest reduced in time? Although I liked the idea of it, there are better progressions.
4/24/13 11:50 AM
Wiggy
260 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

NeoSpartan - workingclassfitness.com

better system imo

The brilliance of this post canNOT be underestimated.

;-)

Seriously though - EDT as Staley laid it out is fine if you're into bodybuilding and/or mainly sarcoplasmic hypertrophy. If your goals are anything else, there are better ways.
4/24/13 2:49 PM
Adventure Runner
108 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

vermonter - Isn't the rest reduced in time? Although I liked the idea of it, there are better progressions.

Kind of.  The whole premise is to use a fixed weight for an exercise in a certain time period.  You try to beat your rep total every session.  So say one session you got 21 back squats with 225 lbs in 15 minutes, then the next session you try to get 22 or more.  Doing more work in the same time would inadvertently lead to less rest.  It has a beautiful simplicity to it: you do more work in the same time... you are stronger.

Like I said, I never tried it, but I could imagine there are people who get good results from programming like this.

4/24/13 2:56 PM
vermonter
111 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Adventure Runner - 
vermonter - Isn't the rest reduced in time? Although I liked the idea of it, there are better progressions.

Kind of.  The whole premise is to use a fixed weight for an exercise in a certain time period.  You try to beat your rep total every session.  So say one session you got 21 back squats with 225 lbs in 15 minutes, then the next session you try to get 22 or more.  Doing more work in the same time would inadvertently lead to less rest.  It has a beautiful simplicity to it: you do more work in the same time... you are stronger.

Like I said, I never tried it, but I could imagine there are people who get good results from programming like this.

Yup, now it's coming back.

Problem is, since increasing the reps with a given weight in a given time means less rest, and less rest means lower weight or lower volume than allowing more rest, and since both weight and volume are much more important stimuli for strength development than how much you lift in 15 minutes, it is not the best plan.

I like the idea of it, but you're better off aiming for a goal number of reps and sets over as much time as you need to rest fully.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.