UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Bisping: Win over Belcher 'in the bag'

4/23/13 11:15 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1295 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

Michael Bisping would like nothing more than to erase the memory of his last knockout loss to Vitor Belfot. And the best way to do that, to make short work of Alan Belcher at this weekend's UFC 159 in New Jersey. According to Bisping, the win over Belcher at this point is a foregone conclusion:

"...it gets me back in the mix for the title shot.  That’s what I want, and as long as there’s blood – sorry, life in my body – I will continue to try and get that title shot.  I’m a fighter.  I want to be the world champion, and I ain’t stopping until – as long as my body can do it, I’m going to keep trying,” said the 34-year-old Brit.

“A win over me for Alan Belcher will be by far the biggest win of his pathetic career,” he added, not believing in any way that it will happen.

Bisping’s confidence is high heading into the fight with Belcher.  On the call, he addressed Belcher directly, claiming the fight is all but over before it begins.

“Hey bro, I ain’t going to lose to you, man.  It’s in the bag.  All I got to do is – it’s a formality.  I just got to show up, slap your little face, take my check and go home.”

read entire article...

4/23/13 11:19 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
DoomFarmer
43 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Spoken like someone who is about to get KO'd one more time.

Belcher can do this.
4/23/13 11:21 PM
151 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The more people that sleep on Belcher the better. I personally do not see where Bisping has the advantage in anything over Belcher. I think Belcher is the better thai boxer, his jits is better, and I don't see Bisping out wrestling him. It goes both ways though. I mean they are so close as far as skill set goes it could go either way. I just think Belcher has more tools to finish the fight than Bisping. .
4/23/13 11:39 PM
epic hero
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Never gonna pay Taxes - Belcher is no Hendo. Bisping wins this all day 30-27

I slightly favor Bisping but he seems to fight with no confidence against the elite fighters, Belcher seems kind of inconsistent. It's an even fight where it's hard to see a clear winner IMO
4/23/13 11:40 PM
OzLoco
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Welcome back, pre-fight Bisping.

Mike doth protest a little too much - would have to be very worried about the ramifications of another loss; would leave him nowhere.
4/23/13 11:40 PM
Illidan

Bisping will win this, only to find himself losing again to a #2 or #3 contender.. Seen this movie way too many times
4/24/13 12:05 AM
RKing85
203 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I would certainly agree with Mr. Bisping on that point.
4/24/13 12:37 AM
MMA6053
20 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"I ain’t stopping until – as long as my body can do it, I’m going to keep trying,”

Just putting that excuse to keep going out there before the loss so he can refer to it post fight when he goes back to beaten-again-but-humble Bisping mode and the press roll out the retirement questions.

Not at all predictable...
4/24/13 1:17 AM
Archer0545

It's a lock now that he is going to lose to Belcher! Love it!
4/24/13 2:48 AM
chaplinshouse
788 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

yeah that's smart, look past Belcher

4/24/13 3:16 AM
DoomFarmer
43 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Never gonna pay Taxes -
epic hero - 

I slightly favor Bisping but he seems to fight with no confidence against the elite fighters, Belcher seems kind of inconsistent. It's an even fight where it's hard to see a clear winner IMO

I just cannot trust Belcher again ever since he lost to Akiyama and Okami in which he had terrible performances
You thought the Akiyama fight was a terrible performance?? Phone Post 3.0
4/24/13 3:23 AM
Ram Rod
57 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

DoomFarmer -
Never gonna pay Taxes -
epic hero - 

I just cannot trust Belcher again ever since he lost to Akiyama and Okami in which he had terrible performances
You thought the Akiyama fight was a terrible performance?? Phone Post 3.0
Dude is obviously retarded, considering the Akiyama fight was the fotn. Which Belcher shoulda won. Mma judging is a joke and will always be a joke especially in Vegas. Phone Post 3.0
4/24/13 4:49 AM
MMA_Hole
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bisping's trolling Belcher and he's trolling his haters. He does it every time yet people still lap it up.

Bisping knows Belcher's a dangerous opponent. He's not as skilled as The Count but the disparity isn't enough to say he couldn't pull out a win on the night.
4/24/13 12:54 PM
Cann
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 04/24/13 12:54 PM
Really hope Belcher wins this fight after hearing Bisping say this. Also, I like Belchers style more, hes more complete, imo.
4/24/13 6:01 PM
bhealthy

There is no way in hell Mr. Bisping wins this. He is a fun and enthusiastic mma player but way too slow for belcher The count couldnt even finish phael while he was cycling off and hasn't refined his ground-n-pound enough to keep from gettin subbed vs belcher on the ground. He will likely keep it standing and lose a decision.
4/24/13 6:05 PM
perfy
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bisping is more well rounded fighter and more consistent in his performances. Should be an exciting fight though. Hope Belcher can put a beating on Bisping though.
4/24/13 6:34 PM
bhealthy

count will lose but gits props for gamely reppin brits for so long in ufc
4/25/13 12:07 AM
Carl Sonnen

Just Bisping being Bisping. Belcher should get his respect after he beats him Saturday.
4/30/13 4:45 AM
Illidan

Bisping probably had Segal come in and teach him the almost-but-not-intentional-eye-poke Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.