UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Canada turns down TUF matchup vs. Australia

4/24/13 3:08 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Herring In A Fur Coat
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

FightMatrix.com, MMA Rankings
Ice Cold Igors Right Hand - If they have a TUF with a Russian team the coach of that team had better be Fedor!

Don't make him fight, don't even sign him if he isn't into it; the UFC would make BANK by simply having him on the show.

Would just be cool to see him coaching and the UFC finally acknowledging his legendary status in the sport. Phone Post 3.0

I don't think there are any plans for TUF Russia, but if there were... how would UFC "make BANK" by simply having Fedor on the show?

4/24/13 3:10 PM
Herring In A Fur Coat

zazen br - 
NorthFromHere - These country based TUFs are getting out of hand. TUF Brazil is going on right now and no one outside of Brazil gives a crap about it.

Correction: No one here in Brazil gives a crap about it either.

I thought the first season had very high ratings - is that not the case anymore?

4/24/13 3:15 PM
Ice Cold Igors Right Hand

Herring In A Fur Coat -
Ice Cold Igors Right Hand - If they have a TUF with a Russian team the coach of that team had better be Fedor!

Don't make him fight, don't even sign him if he isn't into it; the UFC would make BANK by simply having him on the show.

Would just be cool to see him coaching and the UFC finally acknowledging his legendary status in the sport. Phone Post 3.0

I don't think there are any plans for TUF Russia, but if there were... how would UFC "make BANK" by simply having Fedor on the show?

High ratings means more ppl watching and getting into the sport; more exposure. Phone Post 3.0
4/24/13 3:16 PM
MartialArtsMixed
28 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It should be South Korea vs japan Phone Post 3.0
4/24/13 3:28 PM
Herring In A Fur Coat

Ice Cold Igors Right Hand - 
Herring In A Fur Coat -

High ratings means more ppl watching and getting into the sport; more exposure. Phone Post 3.0

But are you sure that having Fedor as a coach would make a huge difference in ratings (on Russian TV?)

I'm not sure how big of a star he really is in Russia.

4/24/13 3:35 PM
Ice Cold Igors Right Hand

Herring In A Fur Coat -
Ice Cold Igors Right Hand - 
Herring In A Fur Coat -

But are you sure that having Fedor as a coach would make a huge difference in ratings (on Russian TV?)

I'm not sure how big of a star he really is in Russia.

From what I hear he's pretty huge in Russia. Phone Post 3.0
4/24/13 3:41 PM
DamnSevern
1185 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

North Caucasus vs Russia.

Putin make it happen

4/24/13 3:41 PM
Zed Wayne Zed
85 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MMA Lives Here - 
Zed Wayne Zed -
MMA Lives Here -  Australia will whip Canada's ass Phone Post

PSSH!

Without your giant boot and your aggressive PM,
who will challenge the might of the Great White North?!

WHO, I SAY?!
You're trying to duck us and make babies with Russia coz we box like kangaroos and roll like crocodiles Phone Post

Duck?

We get road work with deer.
Grabble with bears.
Do laps with loons.
Eat trees with beavers.
bed down for the night with grizzled lumberjacks...
(Best to forget about the last point made)

And besides, our heads open 100% when we talk,
so we could avoid any punch you and your gang of UnderDowns could throw.

We also all can throw superman punches and wear tight bicycle shorts which show off our lovely Canadian bottoms.

Come at me, you sun-tanned, sandal-wearing cad!
En garde!

4/24/13 3:42 PM
UGSlapshot

SmellyBelly - I always thought "nation vs nation" was a stupid concept because no country has an national MMA program. It is strictly individuals seeking out instruction from anywhere in the world and putting their game together.
Well the tuf format is going to become a International amateur tournament, and when the U.S.A. fights another country I bet we'll see a lot of interest. Phone Post
4/24/13 3:52 PM
Herring In A Fur Coat

DamnSevern - 

North Caucasus vs Russia.

Putin make it happen

That will happen right after Canada vs Quebec.

4/24/13 4:07 PM
Tyrone sBong
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Zed Wayne Zed -
MMA Lives Here - 
Zed Wayne Zed -

PSSH!

WHO, I SAY?!
You're trying to duck us and make babies with Russia coz we box like kangaroos and roll like crocodiles Phone Post

Duck?

Grabble with bears.
Do laps with loons.
Eat trees with beavers.

We also all can throw superman punches and wear tight bicycle shorts which show off our lovely Canadian bottoms.

En garde!

Lol, good banter. Phone Post
4/24/13 4:11 PM
Zed Wayne Zed
85 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MMA Lives Here - 
Zed Wayne Zed - 
MMA Lives Here - 
Zed Wayne Zed -

PSSH!

WHO, I SAY?!

Duck?

Grabble with bears.
Do laps with loons.
Eat trees with beavers.

En garde!

I am too poor to buy a blue name, so

("GRRR!" by Dino Bravo in .GIF form)
4/24/13 4:39 PM
WizeKraker

I'd totally watch Canada vs Russia. We have a great international hockey history against them that made for great sports entertainment.
4/25/13 12:07 AM
zazen br

Herring In A Fur Coat - 
zazen br - 
NorthFromHere - These country based TUFs are getting out of hand. TUF Brazil is going on right now and no one outside of Brazil gives a crap about it.

I thought the first season had very high ratings - is that not the case anymore?

I don't follow ratings closely but yes - the first one had incredible ratings and the second season seems to be just slightly behind it.

Still... just like american TUF, most old school fans really don't give much attention to it.

Obviously I can't speak for anyone, but as a brazilian fan who loves UFC since day one... I don't like TUF franchise for years now and I feel exactly the same about TUF Brazil - I don't care about it.
4/25/13 12:24 AM
RKing85
130 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

country vs country themes add no extra interest to TUF for me.

Course, TUF jumped the shark years ago.
4/25/13 6:09 AM
NorthFromHere
304 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MMAViking.com
zazen br - 

Thanks for the clarification. I can't blame them. TUF Brazil is basically an extended product placement commercial with bunch of grown ass men crying all the time
4/25/13 6:26 AM
SJCOTTON
138 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Letibleu -

Vu Phone Post 3.0
4/25/13 6:44 AM
malryan

I'm from Australia and unfortunately he's right, oz needs to develop some more talent before getting in to another country vs country show. I have to say that a lot of the fights on the smashes were borderline embarrassing to watch but then the Brits chosen for that show weren't much better tbh. The only decent Aussie won his field and let's be honest Colton is going to grapple fuck him next month. NZ actually has better talent than Aus. Phone Post 3.0
4/25/13 6:49 AM
BigFootsSkinnyArm

Australia vs. New Zealand imo.

All of "Australias" top UFC fighters are from New Zealand lol. Kiwis would whoop ass.
4/25/13 6:51 AM
Letibleu
1485 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Zed Wayne Zed - 
MMA Lives Here - 
Zed Wayne Zed -

PSSH!

WHO, I SAY?!

Duck?

Grabble with bears.
Do laps with loons.
Eat trees with beavers.

En garde!

We smoke in church.

Nuff said.

4/25/13 7:45 AM
MMA_mania

BigFootsSkinnyArm - Australia vs. New Zealand imo.

All of "Australias" top UFC fighters are from New Zealand lol. Kiwis would whoop ass.
And the winner gets to move to Australia. Ohh wait, that's right.

:) Phone Post
4/25/13 7:50 AM
Jo'donnell-Davies
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Chris27 - They have to move into Russia first, if they do an event this year and it does well then they can look to do a Russian TUF in 2014 along with maybe Japan/Korea.

Japan vs Korea? I somehow don't think that will end well! Phone Post 3.0
4/25/13 3:48 PM
Evzey
83 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I would love a TUF with a variety I martial art speacilst have a karate guy, wrestler, boxer, kick boxer etc. if they could get high profile guys from each that would be great Phone Post
4/25/13 3:48 PM
Evzey
83 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

^actually changed my mid how about a UG frauds TUF have, Darrow, Lang, Mallice, Iron Claw, Decyk and we all laugh at how shit they are! Phone Post
4/26/13 10:07 AM
malryan

MMA Lives Here -
malryan - I'm from Australia and unfortunately he's right, oz needs to develop some more talent before getting in to another country vs country show. I have to say that a lot of the fights on the smashes were borderline embarrassing to watch but then the Brits chosen for that show weren't much better tbh. The only decent Aussie won his field and let's be honest Colton is going to grapple fuck him next month. NZ actually has better talent than Aus. Phone Post 3.0
If you're honestly from Australia, you need to GTFO Phone Post
Mate I don't need to do anything, take a good hard look at our combat sports athletes and tell me one who is world class? Just one guy who is the best in the world? Phone Post 3.0

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.