UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> GSP still undecided on next bout

4/24/13 10:48 AM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1294 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

Kenny Florian: Dana mentioned early this week that he had a call into you, that you were guys were going to talk about what you were going to do next have you spoken to Dana?

Georges St-Pierre: I haven't spoken with. I probably need to know the outcome of the next couple fights. We're going to talk later on.

Kenny Florian: Alright George, so Dana was talking about you wanting to fight Anderson or Johny Hendricks at 170 or course Anderson at 185, who would you rather fight?

Georges St-Pierre: If I'm going up to 185, I know one thing I will not be able to come back down after with a certain amount of time. At 170, I don't think I have the luxury of choosing my opponent, and I 170 whoever comes, I will fight whoever the UFC tells me to fight.

Kenny Florian: As of right now, you've fought everybody at 170, to fight Anderson Silva is that more something you are leaning towards right now, is that the bigger challenge for you?

Georges St-Pierre:  "I haven't fought everybody at 170. I've been out for a long time and my division has changed. Now Johny Hendricks is one of the new guy right now, and he brings a very big threat to me."

4/24/13 10:54 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
GarlicSauce
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wow.

I think Hendricks got the message already.

Poor guy, he'll probably never get a title shot while DFW is alive.
4/24/13 10:56 AM
NorthFromHere
323 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MMAViking.com
GSP will never fight Anderson which means he'll fight Hendricks next.
4/24/13 10:59 AM
shaqitup
87 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He is 100% going to fight Hendricks, unless the UFC gives him an offer he just can't refuse.

He did the whole "anderson walks around at 235, i'm 190" on the JRE, said anderson is much bigger.

He also said he only looks big because he has a wide frame and said if anderson thinks he can make 170 then thats good.

He has said the exact same things for like his last 5 fights.

"i will think about it".

"well actually anderson is much bigger".

"if i move up to 185 i cannot come back down, it will take time".

"i'm and ectomorph".

4/24/13 11:02 AM
forrestfan
375 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

just make it at 178. Everyone is happy and it doesn't need to be in either's weight class.
4/24/13 11:04 AM
Silverball
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

shaqitup - 

He is 100% going to fight Hendricks, unless the UFC gives him an offer he just can't refuse.

He did the whole "anderson walks around at 235, i'm 190" on the JRE, said anderson is much bigger.

He also said he only looks big because he has a wide frame and said if anderson thinks he can make 170 then thats good.

He has said the exact same things for like his last 5 fights.

"i will think about it".

"well actually anderson is much bigger".

"if i move up to 185 i cannot come back down, it will take time".

"i'm and ectomorph".

Yep
4/24/13 11:12 AM
epwar
541 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

GarlicSauce - Wow.

This.

4/24/13 11:51 AM
kevsh
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Still stunned that Florian said GSP has fought "everybody" at 170. Kenny's a smart guy but an extraordinarily dumb comment.

He hasn't faced Hendricks, Rory, Ellenberger, Maia ... and that's just in the UFC's top 5! So no, GSP hasn't come close to cleaning out the division.
4/24/13 11:55 AM
Phil999
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Well it keeps filling back up.
4/24/13 11:58 AM
MasterofMartialArts
141 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

So what does he want? Chances are he will just stay at 170. If he wins his next few he will be close to cleaning out the division TWICE. If he was going to fight Anderson he would have made it clear by now. It's a shame, that would be a great fight no matter who won. If he doesn't move up and he doesn't want to fight Hendricks, what is he going to do? Phone Post 3.0
4/24/13 11:59 AM
bonersaurus
180 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

epwar -
GarlicSauce - Wow.

This.

I hope if he moves up he vacates the belt, at least that way Hendricks gets a shot. Phone Post 3.0

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.