UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Jones prolly wishes he fought Sonnen earlier...

4/24/13 1:30 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Brasco
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

with little notice while Sonnen was outta shape and just filling out into a 205 lber. It would have been a much easier fight than it will be Saturday....
4/24/13 1:32 PM
Anderson's BBC in my Goku

no. he should have, but he is brainwashed by greg to believe he needs the strategy to win...

4/24/13 1:33 PM
sgotwalks
1128 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Yep! Chael may just decide to shock the world on Saturday. I will laugh and rejoice if he does.

4/24/13 1:35 PM
Brasco

well, he wouldnt have had to deal with all the "talk" if he had just took it....that was one positive..
4/24/13 1:40 PM
andyman011

Anderson's BBC in my Goku -

no. he should have, but he is brainwashed by greg to believe he needs the strategy to win...

This. Jones wouldn't have half the accomplishments if he wasn't with Jackson. He's scared to fight without a gameplan Phone Post
4/24/13 1:45 PM
epwar
612 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Jesus, are there people who really think this will be competitive?

4/24/13 1:46 PM
WOOFticket
374 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

sgotwalks -

Yep! Chael may just decide to shock the world on Saturday. I will laugh and rejoice if he does.

I will rejoice with you brother. Phone Post
4/24/13 1:52 PM
Yogi the Bearcat
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm not convinced that he's just gonna walk through him for whatever reason. Phone Post 3.0
4/24/13 1:55 PM
6ULDV8

This season of TUF was the best ever.  

No matter what happens, Bones should be grateful he got to do that show with Chael.  It seemed to teach Bones a lot about being a man and mentor and the TUF contestants were the luckiest yet.

Wouldn't it be fucking crazy if Sonnen backed it up just like he did with Silva?  The crowd would go fucking nuts.

4/24/13 2:02 PM
KingRice
35 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

You can't really count sonnen out, he's gonna try and win that title so I'm expecting a good scrap Phone Post 3.0
4/24/13 2:23 PM
andyman011

SaintVon Barksdale -
andyman011 - 

This. Jones wouldn't have half the accomplishments if he wasn't with Jackson. He's scared to fight without a gameplan Phone Post

Bullshit. That dude's raw skill was apparent from the beginning and he was bound for success. The alternate route may have been a longer one, but he'd ultimately end up in the same place. He thinks on his feet during a fight in a way that no one else I've seen does. His improvisation is maybe his biggest attribute.

I say that as a Chael Sonnen fan, but you have to recognize the greatness in Jones. He's the next claimant to the best to ever do it title. Chael stands little to no chance.

I'm not arguing the fact. I know he has talent, I know he's gonna beat chael. I'm just stating that without the game plans jackson made, who knows how the rampage, lyoto and rashad fights would have went. He can get cocky at times Phone Post
4/24/13 3:51 PM
sgotwalks
1128 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MMA Lives Here - 
epwar -

It almost seems that way :/

I suggest these people go back and take a lot at Jon's very first few fights

THAT Jon Jones would destroy Sonnen. The guy's a freak Phone Post

Remember the last time everybody thought a Chael fight would not be competitive............that was funny.

4/24/13 3:52 PM
Authority Figure

andyman011 -

You need to watch his pre-Jackson fights. He's always been badass. Phone Post
4/24/13 3:53 PM
BigSleep
109 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Anderson's BBC in my Goku - 

nope
4/24/13 3:55 PM
ABE FROMAN
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Jones's 'gameplans' are almost always finishes.

4/24/13 4:36 PM
Zed Wayne Zed
96 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

^

It is really bizarre how people don't see this.

This guy, on the top-tier, maybe other than Anderson,
is a finisher.

Like, it is a HUGE deal, not to get finished in a fight him.

Bonnar got cred for a while for lasting.

And Rashad taking that punch-range elbow and continuing was something to behold.

Jon has it all.

Whether or not he becomes the best, is up to him, his work ethic, improving his image, and taking the right fights with top guys.

(I liked how his manager said on the MMA Hour that they were not going to move to HW and fight Overeem right away or something. That is a good move. Consider a move to HW as a new venture. Fight bigger guys who will test you and see if you can handle that HW power and strength. And those boys are just that.)
4/24/13 5:17 PM
supersaiyan

if Chael gets a couple quick jokes in real quick during the fight Jones will get subbed
4/24/13 5:19 PM
andyman011

Zed Wayne Zed - ^

is a finisher.

And Rashad taking that punch-range elbow and continuing was something to behold.

Jon has it all.

Whether or not he becomes the best, is up to him, his work ethic, improving his image, and taking the right fights with top guys.

(I liked how his manager said on the MMA Hour that they were not going to move to HW and fight Overeem right away or something. That is a good move. Consider a move to HW as a new venture. Fight bigger guys who will test you and see if you can handle that HW power and strength. And those boys are just that.)
The fact that chinny rashad took so many of those elbows and didn't go down means he doesn't have punching power.

I understand Jones was good pre Jackson but its because he has talent. I'm not denying it. He makes good people look bad but Jackson really sealed up his game. He's a different animal now. He's learning his range and what he excels at instead of relying on being unorthodox. Jackson has taught him the way to fight. Phone Post
4/24/13 5:41 PM
Phisher

sgotwalks - 
MMA Lives Here - 
epwar -

It almost seems that way :/

I suggest these people go back and take a lot at Jon's very first few fights

THAT Jon Jones would destroy Sonnen. The guy's a freak Phone Post

Remember the last time everybody thought a Chael fight would not be competitive............that was funny.

You mean the time that Chael was doped to the gills and fought that guy whom he had a serious stylistic advantage over and who also happened to be injured, yet still managed to lose. Yeah, that was a laugh riot. 

4/24/13 5:45 PM
Phisher

andyman011 - 
Zed Wayne Zed - ^

is a finisher.

Jon has it all.

The fact that chinny rashad took so many of those elbows and didn't go down means he doesn't have punching power.

I understand Jones was good pre Jackson but its because he has talent. I'm not denying it. He makes good people look bad but Jackson really sealed up his game. He's a different animal now. He's learning his range and what he excels at instead of relying on being unorthodox. Jackson has taught him the way to fight. Phone Post

"The fact that chinny rashad took so many of those elbows and didn't go down means he doesn't have punching power."

When has "chinny" Rashad been hurt by anybody who didn't have serious power and a bunch of devastating KOs on their record?

4/24/13 5:55 PM
RazorMMA
65 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

sgotwalks -

You and me both. Phone Post 3.0
4/24/13 5:59 PM
djones
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

You're forgetting that had Jones taken the first fight, that wouldve benefited Chael too..... unfortunately there is no benefit for Chael Sat night. I like him but Jones is gonna kill him

4/24/13 6:07 PM
Vale_Tudo_83
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Chael has picked a fight he cannot win....again.

I like chael hes funny with his trash talk but he had a rough time with Bisping (some think he lost that fight myself among them).

JBJ may not be loved by all but his skills set is outstanding. Hell he raped the top 4 guys in his division at the time. Outside the lyoto punch and the vitor armbar he gas looked unstoppable.

Chael on the other hand has been put way twice in his last 4 fights.

Jbj all day Phone Post
4/28/13 11:46 AM
ABE FROMAN
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm sure he does. Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.