UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Xbox: A New Generation Revealed - May 21, 2013

4/25/13 4:39 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
JerodR
82 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 04/25/13 4:39 PM
CRMartin11 - 
UFConXboxLIVE - 
JerodR - 
UGCTT Molsonmuscle360 - 
trobinson21 - 
TheCrow13 -
jasonhightower -
ThatKickDidntHuroooohhhhhhhh - 
TheCrow13 - UFC should be on PS3 also. No reason to only offer PPVs on Xbox. Phone Post 3.0

Benefits of paying $50/year for XBL vs not paying anything for PSN.

The truth has been spoken.

So I have to pay to have the privilege to pay for PPVs? Sounds awesome Phone Post 3.0

Yes. What you get from XBox Live is well worth $8 per month. I'd pay $8 for the UFC app alone. Phone Post

Yup, I own both a XBOX and PS3, all my online gaming is done on my XBOX.  The online system is much more solid.

Same here.. I won both consoles and the ONLY reason I bought the PS3 was for the Blu Ray. Had the Xbox had Blu Ray instead of HD DVD then the PS3 would have been all but dead by now.

As far as the Pay for the privilege of PPV... You pay for cable, and cable provides PPV. Same deal. However Xbox Live has sooooooo much more. ESPN with TONS of sporting events of just about any kind, plenty of free movies, games, demo's, previews, HBO Go, HULU Plus, NetFlix....just a ton of stuff on Xbox Live to say the least. It is well worth the cost.

When you do get a PPV it is quite interactive, and the picture quality is outstanding. Now if I could just have my Twitter Feed at the Bottom of the PPV screen it would be perfect.

Interesting..we're always looking to make our apps more interactive and to implement more social channels.  With the twitter feed, which feeds would you want to read while watching the fights? Like tweets from @UFC, fighters, media, Dana White and/or insiders like Ariel Helwani?

don't listen to this guy Xbox. Fuck Twitter feed on the bottom of the screen. That is some american idiol bullshit. I want to be able to focus on the fight. I would absolutely hate that! Just check your damn phone's twitter.

FYI- Half of the apps on Xbox and many of the peripherals I was a Beta tester for... This wouldn't be the first time I had input on an application by far.

I would not want the bar to be there all of the time. I would want people to have the option of signing into their Twitter account and implementing the app. It should not be for everyone, only those that choose to use it and log in to Twitter to do so.
4/25/13 5:48 PM
UFConXboxLIVE
32 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Xbox, Community Manager
KingD87 - Whose Xbox got Jones or Sonnen? Phone Post 3.0

You can't deny Sonnen's excellent wrestling skills nor his unyielding fighting style.  I think it's safe to say he's going to try to do take downs and make it a ground and pound game.  Jones got the reach, out of this world striking abilities, and unpredictable fighting style.  If Sonnen can withstand Jones' heavy blows, we can expect an exciting fight that'll go for a few rounds.

4/25/13 5:56 PM
UFConXboxLIVE
32 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Xbox, Community Manager
Never gonna pay Taxes - The Xbox UFC app is great Phone Post 3.0

Aww shucks..thanks!

4/25/13 6:50 PM
Honald_Heagan
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

CRMartin11 -
UFConXboxLIVE - 

You can't deny Sonnen's excellent wrestling skills nor his unyielding fighting style.  I think it's safe to say he's going to try to do take downs and make it a ground and pound game.  Jones got the reach, out of this world striking abilities, and unpredictable fighting style.  If Sonnen can withstand Jones' heavy blows, we can expect an exciting fight that'll go for a few rounds.

You didn't answer the question. All you said was "if sonnen can withstand Jones' heavy blows we can expect an exciting fight that'll go for a few rounds". The question was who you got, Jones or Sonnen? Great reading comprehension...

Punctuation marks go on the inside of quotations and that is not how you use an ellipsis. Phone Post 3.0
4/25/13 6:54 PM
UGCTT Molsonmuscle360
226 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

JerodR - 
CRMartin11 - 
UFConXboxLIVE - 
JerodR - 
UGCTT Molsonmuscle360 - 
trobinson21 - 
TheCrow13 -
jasonhightower -
TheCrow13 - UFC should be on PS3 also. No reason to only offer PPVs on Xbox. Phone Post 3.0

So I have to pay to have the privilege to pay for PPVs? Sounds awesome Phone Post 3.0

Yes. What you get from XBox Live is well worth $8 per month. I'd pay $8 for the UFC app alone. Phone Post

Yup, I own both a XBOX and PS3, all my online gaming is done on my XBOX.  The online system is much more solid.

Same here.. I won both consoles and the ONLY reason I bought the PS3 was for the Blu Ray. Had the Xbox had Blu Ray instead of HD DVD then the PS3 would have been all but dead by now.

As far as the Pay for the privilege of PPV... You pay for cable, and cable provides PPV. Same deal. However Xbox Live has sooooooo much more. ESPN with TONS of sporting events of just about any kind, plenty of free movies, games, demo's, previews, HBO Go, HULU Plus, NetFlix....just a ton of stuff on Xbox Live to say the least. It is well worth the cost.

When you do get a PPV it is quite interactive, and the picture quality is outstanding. Now if I could just have my Twitter Feed at the Bottom of the PPV screen it would be perfect.

Interesting..we're always looking to make our apps more interactive and to implement more social channels.  With the twitter feed, which feeds would you want to read while watching the fights? Like tweets from @UFC, fighters, media, Dana White and/or insiders like Ariel Helwani?

don't listen to this guy Xbox. Fuck Twitter feed on the bottom of the screen. That is some american idiol bullshit. I want to be able to focus on the fight. I would absolutely hate that! Just check your damn phone's twitter.

FYI- Half of the apps on Xbox and many of the peripherals I was a Beta tester for... This wouldn't be the first time I had input on an application by far.

I would not want the bar to be there all of the time. I would want people to have the option of signing into their Twitter account and implementing the app. It should not be for everyone, only those that choose to use it and log in to Twitter to do so.

lol, I was a beta tester for the original incarnation of xbox live.  MS is usually pretty good about listining to their customers as to what they want on Live. 

I'd definitely be down for a Twitter option.  But I would only like to see Tweets from Dana, Lorenzo, Rogan, Goldie, Anik, Florian, and then any roster fighter.  Or preferably to just any roster fighter, have fighters shoot out a quick tweet just before their walkout maybe, and possibly after the fight if they aren't off to the hospital.

4/25/13 8:15 PM
clayclamitia
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Never gonna pay Taxes -
UFConXboxLIVE - 
Brock Lobster - 
Never gonna pay Taxes - Xbox 360 > PS3
Xbox 720 > PS4
Xbox Live > PSN

Easily. Idc if i sound like a nerd, I'M COUNTING DOWN THE DAYS TILL MAY 21ST!!!
What's may 25? Phone Post 3.0

Reveal and introduction to the new Xbox console :)

I am so ready for this. I've had the 360 since the second week it came out!
And how many red rings have you seen good sir. Not a fanboy but after sending out my 5th or 6th one I gave up and just stuck with my PS3. Phone Post 3.0
4/25/13 8:28 PM
UGCTT_NKTKDace
111 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I remember the days when beta testing was cool and you couldn't do it from your couch with 10,000,000 other people lol Phone Post
4/25/13 8:31 PM
UGCTT_NKTKDace
111 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

clayclamitia -
Never gonna pay Taxes -
UFConXboxLIVE - 
Brock Lobster - 
Xbox 720 > PS4
Xbox Live > PSN

What's may 25? Phone Post 3.0

Reveal and introduction to the new Xbox console :)

I am so ready for this. I've had the 360 since the second week it came out!
And how many red rings have you seen good sir. Not a fanboy but after sending out my 5th or 6th one I gave up and just stuck with my PS3. Phone Post 3.0
Since 2006 red rings twice out of 7 systems.

Both were the "elite" Phone Post
4/25/13 10:08 PM
Honald_Heagan
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

CRMartin11 -
Honald_Heagan - 
CRMartin11 -
UFConXboxLIVE - 

You didn't answer the question. All you said was "if sonnen can withstand Jones' heavy blows we can expect an exciting fight that'll go for a few rounds". The question was who you got, Jones or Sonnen? Great reading comprehension...

Punctuation marks go on the inside of quotations and that is not how you use an ellipsis. Phone Post 3.0

LMFAO Thanks Dad. I know how to properly use an ellipsis and proper punctuation when using quotations. However I am not going to proofread shit I write on here. This isn't a college essay. Relax.
LOL I felt like one snarky asshole comment deserved another. Phone Post 3.0
4/25/13 10:21 PM
GregNoActionJackson
155 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

caseharts -
Never gonna pay Taxes -
caseharts - 
Xbox 720 > PS4
Xbox Live > PSN

Pc Phone Post

I prefer a Xbox controller over a keyboard and mouse any day
Those controllers work on a pc. I play fifa 13 allot Phone Post
Dead island Phone Post
4/25/13 10:48 PM
TZA

. Phone Post 3.0
4/26/13 1:03 AM
JerodR
82 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGCTT Molsonmuscle360 -
JerodR - 
CRMartin11 - 
UFConXboxLIVE - 
JerodR - 
UGCTT Molsonmuscle360 - 
trobinson21 - 
TheCrow13 -
jasonhightower -

lol, I was a beta tester for the original incarnation of xbox live.  MS is usually pretty good about listining to their customers as to what they want on Live. 

I'd definitely be down for a Twitter option.  But I would only like to see Tweets from Dana, Lorenzo, Rogan, Goldie, Anik, Florian, and then any roster fighter.  Or preferably to just any roster fighter, have fighters shoot out a quick tweet just before their walkout maybe, and possibly after the fight if they aren't off to the hospital.

Why not just have your own Twitter feed so you decide who you see and if you want to see them? I don't want a Twitter feed of XBox Lives choosing. I want my own Twitter feed. Phone Post 3.0

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.