UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Does A Fighter's Character/Personality Matter?

4/24/13 4:19 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
AttentionDeficitDizzle
149 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

In the context of what these men and women do for a living, which is use physical and mental skills to win fights against other humans, does it really matter outside of the ring what their personalities or opinions are like?

Why does it matter to you so much and why do you take it so personally?

I think it matters more for a member of Congress, but for fighters, who are professionals, how high of a standard should be set for their conduct outside of the cage?

4/24/13 4:20 PM
BigWilliam
251 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It matters from a marketing stand point. And yes if I think a fighter is a bad person I am less likely to care about watching their fights. It's not the only criteria, but it does matter.
4/24/13 4:20 PM
ABE FROMAN
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

High enough that it doesn't cost the company they get paid by money for their behavior.

4/24/13 6:13 PM
Vale_Tudo_83
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I say yes, it does matter to alot ppl. If you can relate to a fighter on a personal level its more likely to make you a fan and pay for his fights. Phone Post
4/24/13 7:31 PM
AttentionDeficitDizzle
149 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

madmaxej9 - 
AttentionDeficitDizzle - 

In the context of what these men and women do for a living, which is use physical and mental skills to win fights against other humans, does it really matter outside of the ring what their personalities or opinions are like?

Why does it matter to you so much and why do you take it so personally?

I think it matters more for a member of Congress, but for fighters, who are professionals, how high of a standard should be set for their conduct outside of the cage?

why exactly does it matter for a member of congress? I don't care who they fuck or who they cheat on or if they take drugs or take naked pics of themselvs...as long as they properly represent my political views I couldn't care less what they do outside their professional work.

..the problem however in society is, that it is automatically assumed that if someone does something that does not meet the generally accepted code of conduct in their private life, they will also not do it in their professional life...which is a total bullshit idea.

In terms of fighting I only do care because it's a sport. even though it's a very physical sport, it's still a sport and therefore sportsmanship should be a factor.

Mitrione always shows good sportsmanship!

he just didn't like the man claiming to be a woman who wants to beat up women and be paid, and he gave his opinion outside of the cage

4/24/13 7:35 PM
BOMDC
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Because it's an internet forum and we get bored. Highly doubt most of us watching cards with our buds are talking about dickish tweets and instagram pictures.
4/24/13 7:37 PM
MMA Playwrite
589 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It matters.

I'm as hardcore of a combative sports fan as it gets, and it matters to me.

For example, after seeing him box on NBC last weekend and seeing his interview after his fight, I can't wait to see Tyson Fury get KTFO'd by someone.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.