UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Jones/DC and DC/Machida

4/24/13 4:37 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
DanTheWolfman
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 04/24/13 4:38 PM

OK, let's say Jones gets by Chael, and perhaps one more. I just rewatched Mir/DC on Fuel TV

I believe DC has the tools to possibly beat Jones even with reach disadvantage. Jones also has the tools to beat DC (he can frustrate him with knee kicks and I expect Jones to start using calf kick sweeps to open the base, Jones best chance on DC would be a left high knee or front kick to chin, or Elbow when he is coming in, if he can really rock DC Jones can win...if not I got DC by Decision or TKO).

Let's say if DC becomes LHW champ. While Jones beats Machida, I think Machida could beat DC, even if it is like 202 lbs vs 228 lbs by fight time. I almost feel like Machida should hold off on his 205 title shot to see if DC becomes Champ in the next year, otherwise if he fights and perhaps loses to Jones a 2nd time think he should move down to MW.

As for DC, the smart move is to get a 214 lb Catch weight fight to start getting down in Weight before final decisions and see how it goes. Perhaps vs Glover or Griffin. If win that, than go LHW if Cain remains Champion as he should.

Thoughts?
4/24/13 4:48 PM
WelshWarrior
25 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm well and truly on the DC bandwagon so I'm with u on the dc beong able to become LHW champ... machida is a big problem for wrestlers depends on how good DC's striking becomes... even though his foght with mir didnt showcase the best skills hes improving very fast.. Phone Post
4/24/13 4:51 PM
DARTHHOGAN
69 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Good post brother....DC would absolutely annihilate Griffin imo, Glover on the other hand would give him a solid test. 

4/24/13 4:52 PM
DARTHHOGAN
69 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Machida will give anyone problems

4/24/13 4:53 PM
DanTheWolfman

Machida would be able to move around and pick at DC, calf kick to left cross would land, and when you saw Mir landing the liver kicks, Machida will do it and hit the left cross as the kick comes back down. From there, sets up left high kick or either foot front kick to chin etc.

make fights. Really I think only DC can dethrone Jones at LHW unless something freaky happens. I think DC wrecks most LHWs and HW's......all but Machida.
4/24/13 4:56 PM
DanTheWolfman

Edited: 04/24/13 4:57 PM
DARTHHOGAN - 

Good post brother....DC would absolutely annihilate Griffin imo, Glover on the other hand would give him a solid test. 

Yeah, not even sure if DC would get up for Griffin, but possibly beating another former Champ means something to hype eventually title shot, and therefore fight makes sense for Zuffa. Griffin is a huge/heavy LHW (and I think more likely to take a 214 lb Catch weight fight) and it makes use of what is left of his draw power.

More than likely DC would want the bigger challenge in Glover, or Henderson for that matter. Henderson did KO Fedor series one, but can he KO Fedor 2.0 Charred Fedor (I say in fun, as DC says he doesn't mind being called Black Fedor, and you can see he patterned his long hooks after Fedor)?
4/24/13 5:01 PM
Il Duce
46 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I completely agree with your post. Everything except for DC catchweight. Glover fight is spot on. Phone Post 3.0
4/24/13 5:05 PM
DARTHHOGAN

Agreed, and lol at Charred Fedor......definitely throws his hooks a la The Last Emperor

4/24/13 5:20 PM
Yoghurt

Lets not forget that Mir was only able to throw so many kicks because DC wanted none of his ground game.

Throwing so many kicks when DC isn't afraid to take you down is going to get you taken down.
I see him power doubling or single-leging Jones if he kicks too much.
4/24/13 5:27 PM
DanTheWolfman

he caught one left round kick and threw it by, to get around to back/shoulder like duck under on Mir before being broken again by Ref. Machida's kicks a lot harder to catch than most, with feint/fake/Elvis hips that Davis went on about on UFC Ultimate Insider last night.
4/24/13 5:32 PM
Yoghurt

Edited: 04/24/13 5:33 PM
He did not want Mir on the ground.

He would take Macheetah down,if Jones could i think Cormier should be able to.
4/24/13 5:48 PM
DanTheWolfman

Perhaps, but much shorter arms in order to reach out and grab Machida, and Machida has trained extensively for and fought traditional stanced fighters with big right hands in Henderson and Bader, whom for the most part couldn't touch or reach him. I trained with Machida for that Bader fight, and while I spend a couple days last year training at AKA, went with Cain etc, I haven't had the chance to train with DC but would love to.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.