Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
RyannVonDoom
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

NotImpressedByYourScreenName -
12 -
JerodR - 
RyannVonDoom - 
tommypatron - 
Othello - So a persistent undercard fighter in the UFC has 10 fights and he can retire for life? Seriously Shamrock?? I wonder how many NFL players making the league minimum can play a couple seasons then retire for life? Or MLB,NHL..... any professional sport for that matter.

IDK why people insist on making blanket statements when it comes to UFC pay and the people it effects.
Isn't the league minimum still like six figures? Phone Post 3.0

500k a year min for NFL. 

Not possible for the UFC to do...that is just reality. They are not the NFL.

I keep seeing things like NHL, NFL, MLB...crap like that. The entry level UFC fighter is never going to make a 500K minimum but just for arguements sake lets take a look at something...

I believe the UFC currently has around 600 fighters on contract... You want to pay a min. of $500,000 per year to the bottom 50% so there is $150 million right there. Then say the top 40% make $800K a year. That is another $192 million per year. Since everyone believes the people near the top deserve Mayweather money, then say the top 10% make 20 million a fight which accounts for another 1.2 billion dollars for them..

Payroll for UFC fighters- $1,542,000,000
Now they have to pay medical which would be at least $18K per fighter/per year. ($10,800,000)
Then they are supposed to offer 401K/Retirement...how much? Lets say 8% of the wages. ($123,360,000)

You are talking nearly 1.7 Billion Dollars and it hasn't even scratched the surface. The UFC still has to pay for travel, promotion of all kinds (TV, Radio, Appearances, Posters, etc..), salary of all of the people that make this stuff possible on a day to day, rentals for all properties, venues, and many...many other expenses. Then on top of all of that they are supposed to drop the price of PPV's because people bitch because it is too much money.

So the UFC is anywhere from 400-500 million in PPV Revenue per year. People expect them to pay out 2-3 billion a year in expenses, and at the same time cut the PPV cost down. Does anyone else see a problem with this?

lol you go from 6 & 6 to 1/2 a million a year.dana compared the two ,so dont blame us.ufc pays about 15% from the figures they gave.all of the big 3 pay about 51% of the revenue to the players. no matter how you slice it,i would rather be on a reality tv show.oh wait they have some guys on a show and dont pay them shit.

This man gets it. Why the dude bothered to do calculations on paying fighters a minimum of $500k when the entry level is $6K, or just over 1% of that is beyond me. Use retarded numbers for your calculations and you'll get a retarded result. Phone Post 3.0
Because nfl league min is 500k, like i was saying. Phone Post 3.0
4/26/13 4:04 PM
JerodR
74 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

NotImpressedByYourScreenName - 
12 -
JerodR - 
RyannVonDoom - 
tommypatron - 
Othello - So a persistent undercard fighter in the UFC has 10 fights and he can retire for life? Seriously Shamrock?? I wonder how many NFL players making the league minimum can play a couple seasons then retire for life? Or MLB,NHL..... any professional sport for that matter.

IDK why people insist on making blanket statements when it comes to UFC pay and the people it effects.

500k a year min for NFL. 

I keep seeing things like NHL, NFL, MLB...crap like that. The entry level UFC fighter is never going to make a 500K minimum but just for arguements sake lets take a look at something...

I believe the UFC currently has around 600 fighters on contract... You want to pay a min. of $500,000 per year to the bottom 50% so there is $150 million right there. Then say the top 40% make $800K a year. That is another $192 million per year. Since everyone believes the people near the top deserve Mayweather money, then say the top 10% make 20 million a fight which accounts for another 1.2 billion dollars for them..

Now they have to pay medical which would be at least $18K per fighter/per year. ($10,800,000)
Then they are supposed to offer 401K/Retirement...how much? Lets say 8% of the wages. ($123,360,000)

You are talking nearly 1.7 Billion Dollars and it hasn't even scratched the surface. The UFC still has to pay for travel, promotion of all kinds (TV, Radio, Appearances, Posters, etc..), salary of all of the people that make this stuff possible on a day to day, rentals for all properties, venues, and many...many other expenses. Then on top of all of that they are supposed to drop the price of PPV's because people bitch because it is too much money.

So the UFC is anywhere from 400-500 million in PPV Revenue per year. People expect them to pay out 2-3 billion a year in expenses, and at the same time cut the PPV cost down. Does anyone else see a problem with this?

lol you go from 6 & 6 to 1/2 a million a year.dana compared the two ,so dont blame us.ufc pays about 15% from the figures they gave.all of the big 3 pay about 51% of the revenue to the players. no matter how you slice it,i would rather be on a reality tv show.oh wait they have some guys on a show and dont pay them shit.

This man gets it. Why the dude bothered to do calculations on paying fighters a minimum of $500k when the entry level is $6K, or just over 1% of that is beyond me. Use retarded numbers for your calculations and you'll get a retarded result. Phone Post 3.0

Those "retarded numbers" were used because people kept throwing out how the UFC should pay more like the NFL and that the NFL has a 500K min. per year. That post was to show exactly how stupid those numbers would be when applied to payouts for the UFC. So you are right...retarded numbers got a retarded result which was kind of the point.
4/26/13 4:05 PM
JerodR
74 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

NotImpressedByYourScreenName - 
JerodR -
12 - 
JerodR - 
RyannVonDoom - 
tommypatron - 

500k a year min for NFL. 

The UFC is the NFL of MMA... They are the biggest, and best overall MMA promotion, so they are the NFL of MMA. However, they are not the NFL so the pay is obviously not going to be the same. The UFC actually has to pay all of their own costs too. Perhaps someday when your tax dollars build stadiums for the UFC like they do for the NFL then fighter pay could go up a bit. You should actually read that report that was posted on the last page. The UFC is easily paying out above and beyond the 15% that you are assuming.

The problem is that everyone wants to bitch about something they really know nothing about. Nobody really knows what the fighters are being paid, only the guarantee that you see. Nobody knows all of the expenses and operating costs to run the UFC either. It is really easy to sit back and say they do not pay enough but not a single person can say what they should be paying the fighters, and actually do the math to where it is even feasible based on what limited information is available. Then to top everything off people give out links like PEZ so that people can watch UFC PPV's for free because of constant excuses from fighter pay, to not liking the event.

The bottom line is that in the eyes of fans such as many of them on the UG- The UFC will never win. It is a lose/lose situation because the public will never be satisfied. News Flash- Nobody in the UFC gives two shits about what the UG wants the fighters to make. However they do care about what the fighters want to make and most fighters with the UFC are happy to be there. Seems the only time you hear of any fighter bitching about pay is when they over value themselves such as Tito Ortiz, Ken Shamrock, and a few others... Typically these are fighters trying to hold on to what they once were instead of where they currently are.
Wait, so you're saying the UFC builds its own stadiums now, that's why their cost are so high and they can't pay fighters properly?

Where are these UFC stadiums you speak of? Or do you mean the TUF training centre? Phone Post 3.0

Never said that... The point is that the NFL is not all privately funded. It is NOT a fair comparison.
4/26/13 4:10 PM
JimmersonzGlove
474 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm on the fence. I think I'll wait til Kimo or Joe Son weigh in on this topic.
4/26/13 4:13 PM
Big Pun
47 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Man the UFC has done so much for Shamrock too. He's gone full Benedict Arnold now.
4/26/13 4:16 PM
Big Pun
47 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Also, some of you need to actually learn what a monopoly is before throwing the word around.
4/26/13 4:24 PM
RyannVonDoom

RyannVonDoom -
12 -
JerodR - 
RyannVonDoom - 
tommypatron - 

500k a year min for NFL. 

Yea but the UFC is never going to offer $500K. $100k would be more than reasonable and easily affordable.

Am I the only one that has a problem with a UFC fighter that fought in a main event title fight ppv getting $12K in salary?? The chick can't afford furniture for fucks sake people. WAKE THE FUCK UP!

Just cos Dana is cool on his videos doesn't mean he's no raping the fighters when it comes to pay. You'd prolly be in a good mood all the time too of you were the one with unlimited funds generated by the fighters who got jack shit in return. Where do you think Dana's personal millions come from guys? The UFC! The guy didn't have two nickels to rub together before the UFC. Good for him but PAY THE FIGHTERS FAIR. Or if you really want us to believe you are, disclose it instead of trying to imply it with shady backroom bonuses - what is this, the fucking 1920's?! Phone Post 3.0
You do understand that i stated that 500k min is too much right? And you also understand that i in no way shape or form stated that the ufc should pay out 500k min to all fighters. So you and jerodR need to slow your roles and stop putting words in my mouth.

Also, going on a tyrade about 500k a year min salary when no one else in the thread has said the ufc should pay that makes you both look dumb. They asked what the nfl minimum was, that was all. Phone Post 3.0
4/26/13 4:50 PM
JerodR

Othello - 
KingInFishnetsBottomingBetas - Purses: Donaire $1.32M, Rigondeaux $750k

http://www.badlefthook.com/2013/4/13/4220756/donaire-vs-rigondeaux-purses-big-paydays-hbo-main-event

Purses: Pacquiao $25 million, Marquez $3 million

http://www.badlefthook.com/2012/12/5/3733092/pacquiao-vs-marquez-iv-purses-manny-25-30-million-hbo-boxing-news

Berto vs Guerrero: Seven-figure purses for both main event fighters

http://www.badlefthook.com/2012/11/23/3683346/berto-vs-guerrero-seven-figure-purses-million-career-high-hbo-boxing-news

Chavez Jr vs Martinez Sells 475,000 on PPV
So he pulls 475k, and makes 3 million. When does a fucking UFC fight card even spend 3 million in fighter pay?

GSP himself said he makes over 5 million a fight... a direct quote. Just because you're to dumb to understand that not all UFC fighters pay is disclosed doesn't mean it isn't happening.

Thank you... People are just pissed off that they don't know what the fighters make. UFC fighters are allowed to tell people exactly what they make if they want to. As you said.. GSP is making over 5 million a fight, so obviously Anderson Silva makes more than 200k.
4/26/13 4:58 PM
JerodR

RyannVonDoom - 
RyannVonDoom -
12 -
JerodR - 
RyannVonDoom - 
tommypatron - 

500k a year min for NFL. 

Yea but the UFC is never going to offer $500K. $100k would be more than reasonable and easily affordable.

Am I the only one that has a problem with a UFC fighter that fought in a main event title fight ppv getting $12K in salary?? The chick can't afford furniture for fucks sake people. WAKE THE FUCK UP!

Just cos Dana is cool on his videos doesn't mean he's no raping the fighters when it comes to pay. You'd prolly be in a good mood all the time too of you were the one with unlimited funds generated by the fighters who got jack shit in return. Where do you think Dana's personal millions come from guys? The UFC! The guy didn't have two nickels to rub together before the UFC. Good for him but PAY THE FIGHTERS FAIR. Or if you really want us to believe you are, disclose it instead of trying to imply it with shady backroom bonuses - what is this, the fucking 1920's?! Phone Post 3.0
You do understand that i stated that 500k min is too much right? And you also understand that i in no way shape or form stated that the ufc should pay out 500k min to all fighters. So you and jerodR need to slow your roles and stop putting words in my mouth.

Also, going on a tyrade about 500k a year min salary when no one else in the thread has said the ufc should pay that makes you both look dumb. They asked what the nfl minimum was, that was all. Phone Post 3.0

Let me just say straight up that I am sorry...seriously. I did not mean to imply or put words in your mouth. I just used the numbers for arguements sake for those that thought the UFC should be on par with NFL for pay. I know that 500K min is too much and it was not my intent to put words in your mouth. If that is the way it came across then I am sorry.

FYI- Just trying to have a debate here, but in no way, shape, or form am I really worked up over any of this stuff. I don't take it personally.

I just think that everyone seems to be so one sided. Honestly I don't know what all of the figures are, and I don't know if the UFC is actually underpaying the fighters. All anyone can do is speculate and the stuff that has been written have pretty much all stated that the UFC is actually about on par for pay in terms of profits. They could possibly stand to pay a little more, but nothing crazy.

What I do know is that there are a hell of alot more expenses to run the UFC or any other business than what people seem to believe on the forums. Other organizations have come in and tried to pay top dollar for fighters and failed. Obviously the UFC is doing something right because not only have they been able to slowly increase the fighter pay, but they have been able to see a great deal of growth themselves which is a good thing for all fighters. I just don't think they are nearly as much of a bad guy as people would like to believe.
4/26/13 4:59 PM
JerodR

RyanVonDoom... Gave you a vote up just because. Sorry man.
4/26/13 5:51 PM
RyannVonDoom

JerodR - RyanVonDoom... Gave you a vote up just because. Sorry man.
It's cool. I just dont like being lynched for stating a fact and such. You may not but since i am known to be vehemently anti-zuffa the trolls and clueless people will pile on.

On a positive note, you do agree with me that the fighters who have made it to the ufc are the pinnacle of the sport and should be focusing 100% on that correct? Phone Post 3.0
4/26/13 6:03 PM
JerodR

RyannVonDoom - 
It's cool. I just dont like being lynched for stating a fact and such. You may not but since i am known to be vehemently anti-zuffa the trolls and clueless people will pile on.

On a positive note, you do agree with me that the fighters who have made it to the ufc are the pinnacle of the sport and should be focusing 100% on that correct? Phone Post 3.0

I understand.

Yes, I do agree with you on that without question. The biggest issue is that people will never really know how much these lower fighters make in total unless a fighter steps up and says something. There have only been a few that have commented on it and all of them seemed happy and were paid much more than the base.

The forum is always hard... Sometimes it is tough to switch gears from people complaining about cards, and wanting to stream PPV's to people then complaining that fighters don't make enough. If people think fighters should make more then at the very least they should help support those fighters they like through PPV's and merchandise regardless of the organization. What I hate is when people complain about the lack of fighter pay, but then go an stream PPV's or refuse to ever pay for one. Where do they think the pay comes from?
4/26/13 6:51 PM
time traveling 12er
230 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Let's create a new pay system.  Every card you pay 36$ base.  That's 18$ to cover the ppv fee, and 18$ to cover the venue, the marketing, the staff, ect. That gets you zero fights. After that you decide which fights you want to see and you only pay 3$ per fight that goes directly to the fighters.  The fighters get nothing outside of this.  Let the consumers, rather than the promoter, decide who gets paid what.  So basically a third goes to ppv like normal,  the UFC and fighters split the remaining 50/50.  Would that be more fair?

4/26/13 9:24 PM
CindyO

JerodR - If you really think that Liz only made 7K for that fight then you don't even belong to be a part of the conversation...

LMFAO!!!

Cindy

4/26/13 9:29 PM
CindyO

JerodR - 
KingInFishnetsBottomingBetas - 
JerodR - If you really think that Liz only made 7K for that fight then you don't even belong to be a part of the conversation...

I dont give a shit about backroom crap, that is another shady practice Phone Post

Shady to who? You? Nobody gives a crap what you think. The fighters are given bonus's for doing a great job. Yeah, how shady is that to pay a fighter above and beyond the original contract they signed up for! I can't believe they actually give people MORE MONEY than they agreed to... The UFC should be ashamed.

While we are shaming people lets examine your "Boxers Make Millions" comments, and that an entry level UFC fighter should make $100,000 per year. Well, we don't know how much they actually bring home because of the bonuses, but since you only want to focus on the guaranteed rate lets take a look at how great boxing is.

Taken from 2011-

January 7 - ESPN 2 Friday Night Fights

Mauricio Herrera ($8,500) UD-12 Ruslan Provodnikov ($10,000)
Demetrius Andrade ($8,000) UD-8 Albert Herrera ($6,500)
Lonnie Smith ($800) KO-1 Jose Gomez ($1,800)
Harry Namauu ($2,000) UD-6 Manuel Otero ($1,500)
Richard Contreras ($1,200) KO-1 Juan Tepoz ($1,200)
Oscar Andrade ($1,200) UD-4 Deth'Marcus Hall ($1,200)
Jesus Gutierrez ($1,200) NC Franky Martinez ($1,200)

Total Payouts: $46,300

January 22 - Top Rank Live on Fox Sports Net

Diego Magdaleno ($8,500) TKO-5 Marcos Leonardo Jimenez ($6,000)
Robert Marroquin ($7,500) TKO-4 Eduardo Arcos ($6,000)
Jose Benavidez ($4,000) UD-6 Fernando Rodriguez ($3,000)
Julio Cesar Dos Santos ($2,500) RTD-5 Valente Tinajero ($2,500)
Abraham Han ($2,000) TKO-2 Orphius Waite ($3,000)
Anthony Lenk ($3,000) UD-6 Tyler Pogline ($2,000)
Jesse Magdaleno ($2,500) TKO-3 Cain Garcia ($1,500)

Total Payout: $54,000

February 19 - HBO World Championship Boxing

Nonito Donaire ($350,000) TKO-2 Fernando Montiel ($250,000)
Mike Jones ($75,000) UD-12 Jesus Soto Karass ($75,000)
Mark Jason Melligen ($10,000) UD-10 Gabriel Martinez ($6,000)
Mickey Bey Jr. ($8,000) MD-8 Jose Hernandez ($6,000)
Mike Alvarado ($20,000) RTD-4 Dean Harrison ($8,000)
Yordenis Ugas ($3,000) UD-6 Carlos Musquez ($2,500)
Rodrigo Garcia ($5,000) UD-4 Gerald Jordan ($3,500)
Ignacio Garcia ($2,200) MD-4 Armando Dorantes ($2,800)

Total Payout: $827,000

February 26 - Showtime Championship Boxing

Brandon Rios ($125,000) TKO-10 Miguel Acosta ($125,000)
Robert Marroquin ($7,500) UD-8 Gilberto Sanchez Leon ($6,750)
Anthony Lenk ($3,500) TKO-6 Terry Buterbaugh ($2,500)
Andy Ruiz Jr. ($3,000) UD-6 Alvaro Morales ($2,500)
Mike Lee ($5,000) TKO-1 Pablo Gomez ($1,500)
Jesse Magdaleno ($2,500) TKO-1 Jamie Gutierrez ($1,500)
Hiromitsu Miura ($600) TKO-1 Ramiro Bueno Jr. ($1,500)
Aaron Garcia ($5,000) MD-4 Alejandro Lopez ($4,000)

Total Payout: $297,350

March 12 - Showtime PPV

Miguel Cotto ($1,000,000) TKO-12 Ricardo Mayorga ($50,000)
Miguel Vazquez ($150,000) UD-12 Leonardo Zappavigna ($65,000)
Pawel Wolak ($75,000) RTD-6 Yuri Foreman ($100,000)
Matt Korobov ($10,000) TKO-1 Michael Walker ($7,000)
Juan Gonzalez ($3,500) TKO-1 Jeremy McLaurin ($4,500)
Eric Molina ($8,000) TKO-6 Joseph Rabotte ($4,000)
Jesus Rojas ($3,000) UD-6 Isaac Hidalgo ($3,000)
Tommy Zbikowski ($50,000) TKO-1 Richard Bryant ($1,500)

Total Payout: $1,534,500

Now a sample UFC card from the same time, and it doesn't include any PPV cuts, or "Shady" locker room bonuses above and beyond the agreed pay...

February 5 - UFC 126 PPV

Anderson Silva: $200,000 (includes no win bonus) def. Vitor Belfort: $275,000
Forrest Griffin: $275,000 ($150,000 win bonus) def. Rich Franklin: $75,000
Jon Jones: $140,000 ($70,000 win bonus) def. Ryan Bader: $20,000
Jake Ellenberger: $32,000 ($16,000 win bonus) def. Carlos Eduardo Rocha: $8,000
Miguel Torres: $56,000 ($28,000 win bonus) def. Antonio Banuelos: $9,000
Donald Cerrone: $36,000 ($18,000 win bonus) def. Paul Kelly: $19,000
Chad Mendes: $19,000 ($9,500 win bonus) def. Michihiro Omigawa: $8,000
Demetrious Johnson: $10,000 ($5,000 win bonus) def. Norifumi Yamamoto: $15,000
Paul Taylor: $36,000 ($18,000 win bonus) def. Gabe Ruediger: $8,000
Kyle Kingsbury: $20,000 ($10,000 win bonus) def. Ricardo Romero: $10,000
Mike Pierce: $28,000 ($14,000 win bonus) def. Kenny Robertson: $6,000

Total Payout: $1,305,000 + 300,000 reported bonuses = $1,605,000

*****I agree, maybe UFC should be alot more like boxing. They would save alot of money! People take a couple of top guys out of boxing and think everyone makes that kind of money but that is far from reality. If anything the UFC is more balanced. They pay the upper guys less so that they can pay the lower guys more. People will always want more money as in any profession, however the UFC is FAR from taking advantange of its fighters.*****

You've been on ffffire lately! VTFU!

Cindy

4/26/13 9:29 PM
DanTheWolfman

RARE Ken's 1st MMA match BEFORE UFC and Pancrase vs good Kickboxer thought some of you might want to watch it
4/26/13 9:37 PM
170 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

CindyO - 
JerodR - If you really think that Liz only made 7K for that fight then you don't even belong to be a part of the conversation...

LMFAO!!!

Cindy

im only laughing because the ufc had a fighter ask for donations for training camp.do you guys understand that.?

for sure it wont happend again,dana must be pissed

4/26/13 10:18 PM
jcblass

Bottom line, the majority of UFC fighters are severely underpaid. They train year round, to have maybe 3-4 fights. The mid tier guys make 10 to show 10 to win, that isn't a lot of money when you have to prepare, pay trainers, travel, eat healthy, etc..

I understand how capitalism works and many of these guys would fight for free and be "ok" with it. However, that doesn't make it right. There needs to be organizational minimums once you make it in the UFC. The UFC has been extremely profitable and sadly, a very small fraction has made its way into the pockets of the fighter.
4/26/13 10:26 PM
Lynchman
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Nucky - 
Allen Hood - Wow Ken is going to be on thin ice. Good points though. Phone Post 3.0

Thin ice with who? Ken is cut off its not like he got shown any love like Forrest/bonnar/ chuck / matt hughes and taken care of for life by the ufc.

Suing your employer generally keeps them from doing anything nice down the line.

Kenny publicly retired, then demanded that the UFC give him another fight.

Dude, in his last two UFC fights, made millions and has little to show for it.
4/26/13 10:37 PM
Lynchman
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

jcblass - Bottom line, the majority of UFC fighters are severely underpaid. They train year round, to have maybe 3-4 fights. The mid tier guys make 10 to show 10 to win, that isn't a lot of money when you have to prepare, pay trainers, travel, eat healthy, etc..

I understand how capitalism works and many of these guys would fight for free and be "ok" with it. However, that doesn't make it right. There needs to be organizational minimums once you make it in the UFC. The UFC has been extremely profitable and sadly, a very small fraction has made its way into the pockets of the fighter.

Mid tier make 10+10? Who?
Gleason Tibau makes 27+27. Most, not all, guys start at 8+8 for their first UFC bout.

Top guys make good money because of PPV buys, it would be great if a PPV cut was distributed down the card, but that is not the system and the UFC still pays more than Bellator, a company owned by a billion dollar company.

Those 100,000 tournaments? That is 100K over three fights. So the winner is still averaging less, per fight, than Tibau.

And as far as training expenses go, that is generally covered by sponsorship money. Many mid tier guys makes at least 20k, per fight, from sponsors.

And the UFC pays for travel and lodging for fights.

Again, it would be great to see fighters make more, but it is not as though the UFC is making a 75% profit. Folks seem to forget that the UFC also pays all promotional and production costs.
4/26/13 10:45 PM
time traveling 12er
230 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

People are also forgetting that when they're not fighting, the mid tier guys get paid to be training partners.  They also run schools that benefit greatly by them having fought in the UFC.  The fighters aren't pathetic children that need our protection.  Or mentally unstable individuals who will go on killing sprees if we don't give them enough money like Ken thinks.  Yeah it's dangerous, but in the end it's a hobby that happens to be entertaining enough to make money.  They're not firemen or soldiers, or coal miners.  They make entertainment.  There's nothing about their jobs that makes them worthy of working 3 times a year for 6 years then being able to retire forever.  They're warriors yes.  We love what they do, yes.  But they're neither gods nor are they children.

4/26/13 10:59 PM
IIAces

Vale_Tudo_83 - The reason mma fighters make so littel compared to boxing is the ufc wants to keep them hungry.

Dana talks about it in that stanford business interview.

He said basicly if guy get to rich they lose the drive and do the bare minimum to win. Since the have a big payday in there pocket. Phone Post
Sounds a lot like GSP Phone Post 3.0
4/27/13 12:24 AM
RyannVonDoom

Othello -
RyannVonDoom - 

You've been around the sport a long time and have a lot more intimate knowledge of fighters and actual pay. I'm curious to know what you think a Facebook prelim fighter in the UFC should be getting paid? Just a young fighter with no name brand bargaining power and the potential to fight 4 times a year, barring unforeseen circumstances like injuries et al.
I dont know tbh. I'm man enough to admit that. I've seen how zuffa is. I dont know what should be done far as pay, but i do believe once you make it to the ufc you should be compensated by zuffa to afford you the ability to be a fulltime fighter.

Everyone talks about how the guys on the prelims dont draw people.. Thing is, that's where you get future stars and fan favorites. Once you're at the ufc you're the best of the best in mma(now). All of them should be treated like that. Phone Post 3.0
4/27/13 12:32 AM
RyannVonDoom

And if those guys stop fighting to go be hvac techs.... Where does our sport go? Phone Post 3.0
4/27/13 12:53 AM
AllAmericanBoxing
165 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

RyannVonDoom - And if those guys stop fighting to go be hvac techs.... Where does our sport go? Phone Post 3.0
Is this a joke? Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.