UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Mouthguard question

4/30/13 7:14 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Kimura606
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I also own a gladiator. I love it. Problem is my teeth are garbage and ive had some work done so it doesnt fit perfect anymore. Phone Post
4/30/13 7:19 PM
ChuckManson
131 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

reagan123 -
reagan123 - Awesome thread . Will be waiting on the reviews. Awesome thread. Phone Post
Haha.. guess I think this is awesome ;) Phone Post
Awesome post is awesome Phone Post
4/30/13 7:23 PM
ChuckManson
131 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This thread is making me want a custom mouth guard now. I never had one but spar like a mofo. Shoc doc is what I've always used. Since my bday is coming up I think I'm going to ask for the gladiator one for 75 bucks. Always love getting new gear. Phone Post
4/30/13 8:18 PM
Kimura606
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Theres no comparing a custom to a boil n bite from walmart. Im hoping this Fight Dentist one will be on par with a custom. Phone Post
5/1/13 1:50 AM
ChuckManson

Kimura606 - Theres no comparing a custom to a boil n bite from walmart. Im hoping this Fight Dentist one will be on par with a custom. Phone Post
Is that one a boil and bite as well? Phone Post
5/1/13 3:44 AM
Devastator81
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGCTT_Roadkill - Add him as a friend? Phone Post
Tried that mate but u don't think they are accepting.
Ah well .... Phone Post 3.0
5/2/13 10:55 PM
Kimura606

I got the Fight Dentist boil n bite mouthguard in the mail today. Thanks Tru!! I can tell by looking its very high quality. I wont be able to form it until my mouth heals a little more. I will keep the UG updated Phone Post
5/3/13 12:01 AM
xDOMINANTGENEx
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

In late, looking for a solution regarding missing teeth. I got a shock doctor as well and it doesn't seem to fit well. I am worried that the teeth will shift, I wear a partial everyday but obviously not while sparring.

Custom is out of the question for a while, need to try something else though. Phone Post
5/3/13 12:18 AM
Tru
103 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Click For MMA Videos
Kimura606 -  I got the Fight Dentist boil n bite mouthguard in the mail today. Thanks Tru!! I can tell by looking its very high quality. I wont be able to form it until my mouth heals a little more. I will keep the UG updated Phone Post

nice!  enjoy it!

5/3/13 1:44 AM
OUTCOLD
30 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Anyone who is serious about their training really needs to get a custom.
5/3/13 1:57 AM
Jumbo Reverse Shrimp
28 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I agree that the customs are much better.
5/3/13 4:34 AM
Sugarfoot
127 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

icedog11 -

Like our facebook page I expect there will be a disount offer post there this week

Liked and vtfu Phone Post 3.0
5/3/13 8:38 AM
cripplersc
68 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Got the boil and bite from Tru yesterday. I'm going to form it when I get out of work today and will spar with it tomorrow. I can tell already its better quality than the shock doctor I've been using and if I like this one I'll upgrade to the custom fit Phone Post
5/3/13 10:15 AM
Ceelo
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Tru - 
Kimura606 -  I got the Fight Dentist boil n bite mouthguard in the mail today. Thanks Tru!! I can tell by looking its very high quality. I wont be able to form it until my mouth heals a little more. I will keep the UG updated Phone Post

nice!  enjoy it!

Nice, still waiting on mines. Not sure if ingrained media has sent them out yet

5/3/13 3:11 PM
mclay
17 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

In late....missed the boat on this one... Phone Post 3.0
5/3/13 4:47 PM
Tru
103 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Click For MMA Videos
cripplersc -  Got the boil and bite from Tru yesterday. I'm going to form it when I get out of work today and will spar with it tomorrow. I can tell already its better quality than the shock doctor I've been using and if I like this one I'll upgrade to the custom fit Phone Post

nice.  Glad you got it!

5/3/13 4:47 PM
Tru

Click For MMA Videos
Ceelo - 
Tru - 

nice!  enjoy it!

Nice, still waiting on mines. Not sure if ingrained media has sent them out yet

can't speak for them, but both of the people I agreed to send them to confirmed they got them so I'm in the clear lol

5/4/13 4:16 AM
cripplersc
68 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Here's my review so far. First thing I noticed was how easily the Fight Dentist boil and bite mouthguard formed. Most of the time it takes me 2 or 3 tries with the Shock Doctor boil and bite. Second thing was the comfort level. It felt like I barely had a mouthguard in. It was tight and didn't fall out and I can still talk fine with it in. Later today I'll let you know the protection level after I'm done sparring. As of right now I'm sold. No more cheap Shock Doctors. If you're on a budget definitely get this mouthguard. Personally I'm going to keep this one around but I'll probably go ahead and get a custom from Fight Dentist because from what I understand that's the best overall protection. Phone Post
5/4/13 8:52 AM
UK Asylum
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I recieved my fight dentist mouthguard on tuesday. 

It did take a couple of tries to get a perfect fit, but after 3 tries i got it spot on.

After going sparring a couple of times, My opinion is this...

The comfort was miles above shockdoctor, my jaw feels more sturdy when gettin hit with heavy punches and kicks, also the material its made of doesnt irritate my gums when i get hit.

So seeing as i dont have a custom, im gonna make this my full time mouthguard now until i decide to buy one.

5/4/13 5:56 PM
SC MMA MD
207 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This video from the FightDentist.com shows the proper method for fitting a boil and bite mouthguard, well worth watching before you fit your boil and bite guard

5/4/13 5:57 PM
cripplersc

Now the sparring review. I got punched and kicked in the head multiple times. It absorbed the blows better then the shock doctor. Breathing felt a lot more natural as well. Also there was no cuts on my gums/ inner lip like I used to get with the shock doctor. Highly recommend this mouth guard if you can't afford a custom. Phone Post
5/5/13 7:28 PM
mclay
17 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Any discounts on these? Phone Post 3.0
5/5/13 7:35 PM
Tru

Click For MMA Videos
cripplersc -  Now the sparring review. I got punched and kicked in the head multiple times. It absorbed the blows better then the shock doctor. Breathing felt a lot more natural as well. Also there was no cuts on my gums/ inner lip like I used to get with the shock doctor. Highly recommend this mouth guard if you can't afford a custom. Phone Post

great review..glad you like it.  Any chance you can post a pictureon here with it in to go with the review?

5/5/13 7:37 PM
Tru

Click For MMA Videos
mclay - Any discounts on these? Phone Post 3.0

they are only 29.99 i think, but I can give you a 10 percent discount code for revgear website if you PM me.

I'll give out 5 cupon codes for 10 percent off if people want to order  a FD boil n mold.

5/5/13 8:35 PM
cripplersc

Tru -
cripplersc -  Now the sparring review. I got punched and kicked in the head multiple times. It absorbed the blows better then the shock doctor. Breathing felt a lot more natural as well. Also there was no cuts on my gums/ inner lip like I used to get with the shock doctor. Highly recommend this mouth guard if you can't afford a custom. Phone Post

great review..glad you like it.  Any chance you can post a pictureon here with it in to go with the review?

I'll need a blue to post it but I'll get a pic tonight. Like I said if you're on a budget buy this mouthguard. Shit buy 2 if Tru hooks you up with the discount code Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.