UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Mouthguard question

5/5/13 9:12 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
BullyKiller
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Time for a new one. Phone Post 3.0
5/5/13 9:25 PM
cripplersc
80 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Pic with it in. Don't tell The Korean Zombie. Blue please

http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i196/girlzstalkme02/IMG_20130505_211838_764_zps4a0095e5.jpg Phone Post
5/5/13 9:41 PM
SC MMA MD
244 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

For Cripplersc

5/5/13 9:44 PM
Ceelo
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

SC MMA have you received yours yet?

5/5/13 9:52 PM
Tru
97 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Click For MMA Videos
SC MMA MD - 

For Cripplersc

thanks!  

5/5/13 9:55 PM
SC MMA MD
244 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ceelo - 

SC MMA have you received yours yet?

Not yet.  I will post pictures when it comes in .

5/5/13 10:18 PM
cripplersc
80 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Tru -
SC MMA MD - 

For Cripplersc

thanks!  

Thanks Phone Post
5/5/13 11:19 PM
MRG1
32 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

VU's for ingrained and tru.
Very nice and generous of you.
Just another reason to love this place.
I'm not a pro fighter, but train regularly MT, mma, and grappling for the uncomparable exercise and pure joy it brings me. A great escape from the redundancy of daily life.
Hope to sooner or later be able to test myself and take a legit fight.
I got a shock doctor at the local sporting goods store. I'm not too crazy about it, but its all I could afford with 2 kids and a fiance to support.
Like someone else said, it gives me cuts and abrasions on my lips and gums more than you would expect something that protects your mouth should. But obviously it's still better than nothing.
It seems true, in this sense anyway, that you get what you pay for.

With all the positive reviews on your products, I will for sure be ordering one when I can afford it.
Thank you guys for putting yourselves out there for honest reviews. And thanks to the people who kept their word and gave an honest review on the product you received.
It helped out a lot. I just thought all mouthguards were similar except for full on dentist customs.
Thanks for changing my mind, I can't wait to order. Phone Post
5/5/13 11:23 PM
SmileyNY1985
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Pretty cool that they were giving out free mouth pieces too bad I got here too late. Phone Post
5/6/13 12:42 AM
WOOFticket
373 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Still waiting for mine. Can't wait to try it out! Phone Post
5/6/13 1:03 AM
Il Duce
66 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Great thread. In the market for a new mouth guard and the reviews are helping out. Phone Post 3.0
5/6/13 6:57 AM
TommyRSU
39 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

sub Phone Post
5/13/13 11:10 PM
SC MMA MD

My new Gladiator mouthguard arrived today!  I went with the Elite this time, and you can see in the pictures above that the new guard (on the right) is beefier than my older guard (on the left).  The old guard is over two years old and has been worn 4-5 days a week, and is still in pretty good shape; but I replaced it because my bottom canine teeth have started to wear into the bottom of the guard.  As expected, the guard fits perfectly and I can talk and breath easially with it in. 

I have said before that the guys at Gladiator are easy to deal with, but it bears repeating.  I ordered the guard from their website, and re-did my impressions (The first guard was part of a group order through the school I train at, and we could not find the impressions when we looked for them).  I got the impression kit in the mail two days after I placed the order. The trays and epoxy are easy to use, and the whole process of making the two impressions took about half an hour.  I returned the impressions in the supplied postage paid envelope, and sent my personalization request via e-mail as directed.  Friday, I got a call from them to suggest a bolder font for the letters, and to confirm what I wanted it to look like, and today (Monday) the mouthpiece arrived. 

Chris and Icedog run a great company, and everyone that I know that has dealt with them have had nothing but good things to say about them.  Chris was very helpful when the owner of the school I train at wanted to set up a group order. Then, a few months ago a visiting pro fighter was compaining about his (different brand) mouthpiece the week before his fight, and I suggested we contact Gladiator and see if they could make him a mouthpiece quickly (he had impressions that his girlfriend could send in from his home).  I PM'd Icedog on the UG and the school owner called Chris the next day, and both said "no problem", just Fed-Ex the impressions.  I recommend their guards every chance I get, and just recently ordered a guard for my son and wife who have gotten serious enough with martial arts that a good mouthguard made sense.  I am interested to see how the "raptor" that they have for mouthguard chewers holds up with my son.  If it fares well, I expect a lot of the parents of his classmates will be getting a Gladiator Guard for their kids as well. 

5/14/13 12:00 AM
Team GDP
402 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

WOOFticket -  Still waiting for mine. Can't wait to try it out! Phone Post

this

5/14/13 3:14 AM
ChuckManson
131 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Team GDP -

this

This! Who's dick do I have to nibble on to get a free anything in this place? Phone Post
5/14/13 3:39 PM
Leghound
218 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

bump

5/14/13 10:39 PM
SC MMA MD

TTT Phone Post 3.0
5/15/13 4:56 PM
Sugarfoot
129 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sugarfoot -
Ingrained Media - 
Sugarfoot - Subbed for mouthguard, never use one for BJJ, but think its about time to start. Thanks for the input guys.

I have a Jaco boil and bite, the upper/lower combo, and its so big and bulky I will never wear it, going into the trash unfortunately. Phone Post 3.0

Send me a DM if you want to review a Fight Dentist MG for us.

DM sent, thanks for the offer!  Thread is awesome!  I'll make sure and give a solid review.

Just got mine in the mail today! Will review once I get the chance to try it out a couple times. I tried the fit and it will need trimmed up a little bit, so hopefully I don't screw it up! Phone Post 3.0
5/15/13 5:35 PM
Leghound
218 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 05/15/13 7:49 PM
ChuckManson - 
Team GDP -

this

This! Who's dick do I have to nibble on to get a free anything in this place? Phone Post

YMMV but I only had to suck off Kirik.  Of course I also had to let the geek take nude photos of me and send them to CindyO, saucylv and the pav, but I feel like I got off easy only sucking one dick.  I know WOOFticket had to gobble a ton of cocks to get his.

Mine arrived today.  Will be on a kayak trip the next few days and not training tonite but will get a (p)review going next week.

5/15/13 10:00 PM
SC MMA MD

Got a present in the mail today:

This mouthguard is noticably better constructed than other boil and bites that I have used, and the material it is made from seems a little softer and more compliant than others as well

5/15/13 10:36 PM
SC MMA MD

You can see that the Fight Dentist boil and bite has more in common with a custom mouthguard (left) than a typical boil and bite ((right). I can not recall what brand of boil and bite mouthpiece that was).  I molded the mouthpiece as per the included instructions and video that I posted earlier in this thread, and tried it out.  The first thing I noticed was that the mouthpiece seemed to mold to my teeth better than other boil and bites that I have tried.  The mouthpiece had a softer, more cushiony feel than most mouthpieces.  It fit well after moulding without having to modify it, and it does not interfere with breathing or talking as much as my prior boil and bites.  It feels good while rolling (have not sparred with it yet), and stays in place well.  I do not think that it is possible for a boil and bite to fit like a true custom guard, but the Fight Dentist mouthguard seems like the Cadillac of boil and bites.  It is a significant improvement over other boil and bites that I have used, and is not that much more expensive.  I expect that I will like it even more after I have sparred with it, since it seems to stay in place much better than other boil and bites, and it provides more cushion which I think my jaw will appreciate.  I would encourage anyone planning to purchase a boil and bite to give the Fight Dentist a try

5/16/13 2:19 AM
ChuckManson
131 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Leghound -
ChuckManson - 
Team GDP -

this

YMMV but I only had to suck off Kirik.  Of course I also had to let the geek take nude photos of me and send them to CindyO, saucylv and the pav, but I feel like I got off easy only sucking one dick.  I know WOOFticket had to gobble a ton of cocks to get his.

Mine arrived today.  Will be on a kayak trip the next few days and not training tonite but will get a (p)review going next week.

Lucky!! Phone Post
5/16/13 9:17 AM
MEOWticket
373 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Leghound -
ChuckManson - 
Team GDP -

this

Just one, bro. Just one. Phone Post
5/16/13 10:06 AM
MEOWticket

Ingrained Media -
WOOFticket - 
Ingrained Media - Fight Dentist by Revgear (boil and bite) is what I am offering. Next five athletes and of course the OP that post a request will get a free Fight Dentist boil and bite mouthgurd of their choice. http://www.revgear.com/category/revgear-mouth-pieces
How does one acquire an American flag mouth guard? The one in the site? Phone Post

DM me your address and the exact one you want.

Forgot to post this the other day! Phone Post
5/16/13 3:59 PM
ChuckManson

^^^ that's legit! Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.