UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> GSP interested in Anderson fight at 170, no catchw

4/24/13 10:36 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
MillhouseMMA
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Imagine GSP/Aldo haha.
4/24/13 11:02 PM
OCMikelob
65 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

12SixElbow - 

Really dissapointed as a fan...

I always love to see champions move UP, face bigger men. Especially dominant champions.

Moving down doesn't seem as thrilling to be honest.

I agree with you to an extent, but GSP is a "smaller" 170'er in regards to walk-around weight brotha...I think Bendo would meet at 160-165 for a catchweight fight down the line, if Dana & co permitted.  To be honest, it seems (my opinion) as if GSP feels he doesn't have a very good chance of winning the fight with Silva.  And I agree with him even though I'm a fan as well.

Don't get me wrong, I would LOVE to see GSP/Silva and I hope it happens for all of our sake....

4/24/13 11:08 PM
figure four
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This blatant dick tuck causes confusion...
Didn't he say he was to vacate 170 to make way for Rory?
So Rory needs to leave the camp now for a shot at 170?

I hope Silva does go down to 170 to meet him.

GSP only fights when the advantages are on his side...
And when the advantages aren't on his side, he gets his team, his province to fabricate them...

Greasegate...
Weightgate...

So here's to Silva throwing a wrench into the dick tuck...
Should Silva win, lose, or draw... He still took the chance to fight where he wasn't comfortable...He didn't stay in the safe zone...

Fight 2 minutes...
Coast for 2 minutes...
Secure a takedown in last minute...
Safezone...
4/24/13 11:43 PM
Vitor29

bamx2 -

This is why he will never be remember as a great fighter, and someone who would step up to the plate, like Ben Henderson and BJ Penn did.

Anderson made the challenge so shouldn't the onus be on him to come down to meet GSP. why yes, vitor29, that is how it should work. Phone Post
4/24/13 11:45 PM
Vitor29

figure four - This blatant dick tuck causes confusion...

And when the advantages aren't on his side, he gets his team, his province to fabricate them...

Greasegate...
Weightgate...

Should Silva win, lose, or draw... He still took the chance to fight where he wasn't comfortable...He didn't stay in the safe zone...

Fight 2 minutes...
Coast for 2 minutes...
Safezone...
Yeah man, he hasn't faced whoever the UFC put in front of him, I mean look at how many times he has ducked number one contenders. You're a fucking idiot, there's truly no nice way to put it. Phone Post
4/24/13 11:51 PM
ACalandrelli
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I walk around about 195 sometimes alittle heavier and i fight at 155 and im 185 fight night so hes def right. I was 198 8 weeks before my fight in bellator in 2011 and this past nov i got cut and wasnt sure if i was fighting so 6 weeks before i was about 195 and still made 156 cause i stuck to my diet and won both fights buy submission so i had no problem from the cut. So GSP probably could make 155 only difference is at 170 i hold alittle weight but hes ripped so im not sure at 155 i look how he looks at 170. But im sure he could do it.
4/24/13 11:51 PM
figure four

Vitor29 - 
figure four - This blatant dick tuck causes confusion...

Greasegate...
Weightgate...

Fight 2 minutes...
Coast for 2 minutes...
Safezone...
Yeah man, he hasn't faced whoever the UFC put in front of him, I mean look at how many times he has ducked number one contenders. You're a fucking idiot, there's truly no nice way to put it. Phone Post

LOL at hurt GSP fans...

saying he isn't the biggest WW...
He hasn't ducked anybody but Anderson Silva...

Truth is...there is no other way to spin this obvious DICK TUCK.

Anderson please cut to 170 so we can hear another excuse that GSP is on his way to 155 and can't take the fight...
4/25/13 12:34 AM
12SixElbow
617 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

OCMikelob - 
12SixElbow - 

I always love to see champions move UP, face bigger men. Especially dominant champions.

I agree with you to an extent, but GSP is a "smaller" 170'er in regards to walk-around weight brotha...I think Bendo would meet at 160-165 for a catchweight fight down the line, if Dana & co permitted.  To be honest, it seems (my opinion) as if GSP feels he doesn't have a very good chance of winning the fight with Silva.  And I agree with him even though I'm a fan as well.

Don't get me wrong, I would LOVE to see GSP/Silva and I hope it happens for all of our sake....

I couldn't disagree more.

I don't think many WW's are walking around heavier than GSP. If they are its fat they put on, not a fit weight. For me its not about thinking you can win/knowing you can win. Its about being willing to find out. Put yourself against the odds for once, take risks, etc...

BJ Penn fought fucking Machida for gods sake.

4/25/13 12:37 AM
12SixElbow
617 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ACalandrelli - I walk around about 195 sometimes alittle heavier and i fight at 155 and im 185 fight night so hes def right. I was 198 8 weeks before my fight in bellator in 2011 and this past nov i got cut and wasnt sure if i was fighting so 6 weeks before i was about 195 and still made 156 cause i stuck to my diet and won both fights buy submission so i had no problem from the cut. So GSP probably could make 155 only difference is at 170 i hold alittle weight but hes ripped so im not sure at 155 i look how he looks at 170. But im sure he could do it.

If you fight at 155 comfortably you're just packing fat at over 190.

4/25/13 9:36 AM
Cyril Jeff
186 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

twitter = @theCyrildotcom
figure four - This blatant dick tuck causes confusion...

Greasegate...
Weightgate...

Fight 2 minutes...
Coast for 2 minutes...
Safezone...

I'm not a huge GSP fan, but I think you're WAY off here, guy wants to stay at 170, only way you have a case is if he turned down Anderson at WW, otherwise, he's under NO obligation to fight up in weight imo...

there can only be so many BJ Penns!

*zing* *zing*

in all seriousness, I don't think Georges has EVER turned down a fight, doubt he starts now...

+1 for Nick v Anderson.

4/25/13 9:38 AM
EckY
51 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

GSP said that Anderson walks at 230, then in the every next sentence insinuated that Anderson can make 170.

I dont get it, personally I think he is trying to delay the fight as much as possible, to try and get Anderson on the decline.
4/25/13 9:52 AM
georgejonesjr
44 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Silverball - 
georgejonesjr - 
Silverball - Maybe GSP could move up and try to test himself against a fighter not named Anderson Silva, just for the challenge. It's not unheard of.

I suppose, though he could probably reply that taking the years of challenges necessary to become and hold the WW title is still a lot more than most of the people complaining about his not going up have done.

My job has never required getting punched, slammed, and training to exhaustion for years, and when I started studying towards it there was a much higher chance of getting a good income out of it than he had becoming WW champ. Its turned out well for him, but its hard to seriously believe he's adverse to a challenge, given the way he chose to try (and ultimately succeed) making his living.

In retrospect it might be "obvious" that he'd do well in MMA. At the time, I suspect he had a lot of doubts to overcome - when you start something like MMA, most of the guys you train with are better than you, and you end up pretty bruised for a long time. Pretty challenging in my opinion.

Same is true for anyone who sticks it through to get to the UFC, or for that matter, most pro sports. There's a lot of effort and bruises for very little reward for a long time, and most people never make any money.

In the case of him fighting Anderson, he'd probably argue he paid his dues years ago, when he was up and coming and fighting for peanuts against guys with a lot more experience than he had. He's probably thinking that its time to reap the rewards of his efforts.

I think it'd be an interesting fight (I'd bet on Anderson), but I'm not going to call him a coward (I know you didn't say this either, but many are), or way he's risk adverse for not doing it, nor would I say either of Anderson for not going up to fight Jones at 205. They're already proven they've both guts (getting in the cage with the guys they fight at that level isn't like your typical office job), and the ability to challenge themselves for years when success was anything but guaranteed.

I'm still not clear on why you quoted my post before posting yourself.

D'oh, guess I misread your post. Another reason not to post at the end of a long day :(
4/25/13 10:55 AM
tylerstodghill

This is the stupidest shit. You have nothing better to do than flip people's words around and make them look scared or some shit? He never said that. He was telling Joe he wanted the fight. Joe asked about a catch weight, George said he would do that, or if Anderson wanted 170. George was pretty much saying he would take it any where in between 170-185, but there are too many contenders in his division right now, which is 100% correct. Hendricks, Ellenberger, Macdonald, Condit. And Anderson has a fight in July, and then I'm sure he will want Jones, so why is anyone even talking about this fight? Phone Post 3.0
4/25/13 10:58 AM
OCMikelob
65 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

12SixElbow -
OCMikelob - 
12SixElbow - 

I couldn't disagree more.

I don't think many WW's are walking around heavier than GSP. If they are its fat they put on, not a fit weight. For me its not about thinking you can win/knowing you can win. Its about being willing to find out. Put yourself against the odds for once, take risks, etc...

BJ Penn fought fucking Machida for gods sake.

Look, I wanna see the fight. Just my two cents after watching the JRE podcast. Phone Post 3.0
4/25/13 1:26 PM
IGOTBELCHED

I've been a fan of gsp for a while and think he'd beat anderson, but it's clear he's dodging the fight he's been saying he's gonna move up for over 4 years now, complete bullshit he's screwing the fans out of the fight, Dana is also to blame make the fucking fight happen before both guys are too old, it will be another mayweather/pacquiao situation.
4/25/13 2:04 PM
sniper1026

Silva can make weight....
Make it happen!!!
4/25/13 2:06 PM
sniper1026

Would like to see Anderson vs Jones at a catch weight though...195lbs!!!
4/25/13 3:12 PM
Lazer MMA

RampageFitsLikeAGlove - 
sniper1026 - Would like to see Anderson vs Jones at a catch weight though...195lbs!!!

I think if you're going up to fight a champ, no catchweight.  BJ never asked Hughes or GSP for a catchweight, KJ never asked Diaz for a catchweight, Randy never asked Tim Sylvia for a catchweight, etc...

AS did not fight Forrest or Bonnar at catchweight....

WTF is there talk of catchweight??

AS is a great 205er, fight @ 205 it need not be for a belt. Stop looking for a BS advantage.
4/25/13 3:13 PM
pennviachoke
1081 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Cyril Jeff -
TheCrow13 - I think we would rather see silva/jones and gsp/benson then silva/gsp. Phone Post 3.0

I'd 100% rather see Anderson v Jones.

This Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.