UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Boxing Brain Damage Kills Millions of People

4/24/13 8:27 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Letibleu
1681 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 04/24/13 8:30 PM

After reading the CNN story possibly linking traumatic brain injury incurred by ferociously violent amateur bouts to terrorist acts, I started thinking about things. 

If boxing with head gear could lead someone to place bombs, what could boxing without head gear lead to?

4/24/13 8:30 PM
tempus
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Jeff Monson anybody
4/24/13 8:32 PM
BrattMamley
1231 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Interdasting Phone Post 3.0
4/24/13 8:56 PM
IceCreamCake

Hitler is giving me a bit of a chubby at the moment for some peculiar reason!
4/24/13 9:06 PM
ogkennyg

I think mma will be close to the same. It just does not show yet cause the sport is still very young and not many studies have been done. Phone Post
4/24/13 10:36 PM
UGCKIRTT_SonofJockstrap
21 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ogkennyg -  I think mma will be close to the same. It just does not show yet cause the sport is still very young and not many studies have been done. Phone Post

I'm not quite sure it will be, boxing is a bit more brutal when you look at certain factors. Guys getting knocked out and then answering the 8 count, only to get knocked out a second time and answer the 8 count to get put away for the third and final time is a bit more violent than a guy pounding on someone from mount and the ref running in there after 4 unanswered punches or so.

Yeah there will be some guys with brain issues but I doubt it will compare to boxing.

4/24/13 10:40 PM
jzachry

Records kept since 1890 about boxing matches fought according to various rules have documented about 10 deaths every year. A comparison revealed that none of the statistics are complete (10) (Boxing Fatality Collection, www.ejmas.com; www.boxrec.com). The absolute numbers must therefore be higher.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3003467/

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.