UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Who's gonna watch the mayweather fight?

4/24/13 8:31 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
ogkennyg
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

In a couple weeks? Phone Post
4/24/13 8:32 PM
ThatKickDidntHuroooohhhhhhhh
452 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It's definitely Mayweather's least anticipated fight since he became a star. I'll be watching, but I'm gonna feel very angry about shelling out $70 for it.

4/24/13 8:54 PM
Herbish1
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Not me Phone Post 3.0
4/24/13 9:04 PM
ogkennyg

I think it will be a good fight may 4th and hes fighting guererro. Phone Post
4/24/13 9:06 PM
OmarSnake
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Gonna be watching theaters getting tickets for free. Only reason watching it. Guerrero isn't a worthy opponent IMO. Mayweather takes this one easily, his experience will win the fight. Phone Post 3.0
4/24/13 9:06 PM
OmarSnake
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Gonna be watching theaters getting tickets for free. Only reason watching it. Guerrero isn't a worthy opponent IMO. Mayweather takes this one easily, his experience will win the fight. Phone Post 3.0
4/24/13 9:07 PM
man meets fate

People shitting on guerrero already
4/24/13 9:08 PM
Soul Gravy
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If I'm paying to watch a dancer they'd better be nekkid.
4/24/13 9:09 PM
452 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

man meets fate - People shitting on guerrero already
Not shitting on him, I just don't think he has a very good chance. Phone Post 3.0
4/24/13 10:05 PM
Goblowyourself
23 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Guerrero a Christian Diaz? Phone Post 3.0
4/24/13 10:59 PM
Eggbert
676 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mayweather is one of the biggest pieces of shit in sports. I would never ever pay to watch him regardless of who he is fighting. Threaten to kill your kids mom in front of them? Pay 200k fine for more domestic abuse? Multiple charges of domestic violence. His community service hours magically filled after donating money. He is a scumm bag Phone Post 3.0
4/24/13 11:43 PM
insomnia
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

No 24/7 for this? Whose promoting?
4/24/13 11:44 PM

insomnia - No 24/7 for this? Whose promoting?

Showtime

4/24/13 11:52 PM
ShanTheMan
619 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Showtime All Access. No mas HBO for shithead
4/25/13 12:28 AM
JeffersonDArcyChoke
261 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ponce de Leon vs Mares in the co-main is a GREAT fight.

Not great enough to merit 70 bucks but it's a scrap.

Guerrero is at least a better opponent than was Victor Ortiz in terms of skill so I think it won't be a horrible fight but one Floyd should handily win.

I think this PPV event hurts Jones vs Sonnen.

1. Jones vs Sonnen is a mismatch.

2. Casual sports fans want to watch Mayweather fight.

So far, Jones has never drawn big numbers and Sonnen has only drawn vs Silva.

Average sports fans are not buying both in these economic times so Floyd does 1 million plus buys and Jones-Sonnen caps out at 600K which is good but not quite what the UFC hoped with Sonnen. Phone Post
4/25/13 12:31 AM
Ceelo
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I watched a countdown show on it and Guerrero came off very likable. He really makes you root for the underdog and have that chance that he can take out may weather. 

4/25/13 12:33 AM

JeffersonDArcyChoke -  Ponce de Leon vs Mares in the co-main is a GREAT fight.

Not great enough to merit 70 bucks but it's a scrap.

Guerrero is at least a better opponent than was Victor Ortiz in terms of skill so I think it won't be a horrible fight but one Floyd should handily win.

I think this PPV event hurts Jones vs Sonnen.

1. Jones vs Sonnen is a mismatch.

2. Casual sports fans want to watch Mayweather fight.

So far, Jones has never drawn big numbers and Sonnen has only drawn vs Silva.

Average sports fans are not buying both in these economic times so Floyd does 1 million plus buys and Jones-Sonnen caps out at 600K which is good but not quite what the UFC hoped with Sonnen. Phone Post

I don't think Sonnen vs Jones would've much done better than 600k anyways.

Also, I don't think that the Mayweather fight will have any effect on UFC 159. The crossover audience between boxing and MMA is relatively small - the people buying the Mayweather fight are, for the most part, not the same people buying UFC 159.

4/25/13 12:38 AM
Tebow Worships Satan
135 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 04/25/13 12:38 AM
This is equivalent to Silva vs Bonnar.

I'll order it only because it's a Mayweather fight so alot of people are coming over and I enjoy family gatherings.

This is perhaps one of the biggest mismatches of Floyd's career.
4/25/13 1:19 AM
Fedoral Crime
103 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Guerrero is tough and anyone that has won multiple world titles in different weight classes is definitely a great fighter BUT this fight is the easiest fight Floyd could of picked and got away with (IMO).

He just signed a huge 30 month deal with Showtime, he's had a great career and he's getting older so I wouldn't blame him for taking the easiest possible route before retiring. But there is no way I'd buy this fight. Watch at a bar? Yes. Spend $70? No Phone Post 3.0
4/25/13 2:29 AM
BadrMilk

Who watches a Mayweather fight?

You watch All Access or 24/7 and couple of weeks later you just find out the results. Phone Post 3.0
4/25/13 2:44 AM
weebrave
87 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

SaintVon Barksdale -

Right here. I'll never miss an opportunity to watch Mayweather perform. It's baffling that anyone who is an actual fan of the sweet science wouldn't be interested in seeing it. I can understand not watching it live due to the ridiculous prices on the pay per views, but to have no desire to see it ever is a bit of a travesty for a fan of the sport. You get to watch the absolute best at the craft (or, if you do not entirely agree with that, you at least have to admit he's ONE of the absolute best), someone who will go down in the history books.

It'd be the equivalent of an MMA fan not watching an Anderson Silva fight.

Well yeah but Anderson does matrix type shit against people, gsp is a better comparison Phone Post
4/25/13 2:45 AM

BadrMilk - Who watches a Mayweather fight?

You watch All Access or 24/7 and couple of weeks later you just find out the results. Phone Post 3.0

Apparently a lot people.

4/25/13 2:48 AM
Phisher

"Who watches a Mayweather fight?"

It's safe to assume that some people do. Otherwise, he wouldn't be one of the highest paid athletes in the world.

4/25/13 2:48 AM
CaptainBurma
19 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This. Unless he fights Canelo...
4/25/13 2:59 AM
Okkun
49 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Atleast it's a more interesting fight than Mayweather vs Ortiz

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.