UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Tate vs. Carmouche set for UFC on FOX 8

4/24/13 11:28 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1160 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

This week both Miesha Tate and Liz Carmouche were campaigning for a bout against each and it seems the UFC has granted their wish:

The UFC announced on Wednesday that two matches rumored for its next FOX prime time show are now official. A Demetrious "Mighty Mouse" Johnson flyweight title defense against John Moraga, and a women's fight between two recent Ronda Rousey victims, with Miesha Tate facing Liz Carmouche.

The company had been looking at getting both fights on the July 27 show at the Key Arena in Seattle, with the only holdup being medical clearance as Johnson underwent surgery on his right shoulder due to a torn labrum, while Tate was banged up in her loss on April 13 to Cat Zingano.

read entire article...

Carmouche last fought in February where she lost a UFC bantamweight title fight to Ronda Rousey and Miesha Tate just fought at the beginning of this month, a losing effort to Cat Zingano.

The flyweight title fight between Demetrious Johnson will be the second title defense for the champion and the first shot at a UFC title for John Moraga.

4/24/13 11:44 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Sakuraba belt
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Musicosity -  A chick fight on my birthday? Sweet! Phone Post

That will be as close to some action from women, as you will get on that day!
4/24/13 11:51 PM
CheckinHose
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Such a misleading title for this article on the home page Phone Post 3.0
4/24/13 11:52 PM
zebers3
455 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I feel they should have paired them up with some other women, to at least let them both get back into contention. But now one of them will be 0-2 in the UFC.

Although, I guess this way they can fast track the winner into another #1 contender match.
4/24/13 11:57 PM
Shepherd Wong
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Tate vs carmouche!!!!! OMG can u believe it, guise?

Oh yeah, flyweight title fight too. Phone Post 3.0
4/25/13 12:22 AM
Babyhand
62 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

CheckinHose - Such a misleading title for this article on the home page Phone Post 3.0
I thought they were fighting for a title shot....somewhat misleading title Phone Post
4/25/13 12:32 AM
ender852
117 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

RampageFitsLikeAGlove - 

Let me guess... main card just because they're chicks?

main card cause tate has star power.

lets see the rest of the card before we pass judgement

4/25/13 12:41 AM
Fedoral Crime
109 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The title on the main news page is a bit misleading. I thought Dana was adding a new division and they were going to be fighting for the flyweight title! Phone Post 3.0
4/25/13 12:59 AM
Bentleysuper8

Babyhand - 
CheckinHose - Such a misleading title for this article on the home page Phone Post 3.0
I thought they were fighting for a title shot....somewhat misleading title Phone Post

Me too. Poorly worded IMO.
4/25/13 2:39 AM
GreySkull
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

zebers3 - I feel they should have paired them up with some other women, to at least let them both get back into contention. But now one of them will be 0-2 in the UFC.

Although, I guess this way they can fast track the winner into another #1 contender match.
This. Thought they would have given both fighters a chance to go 1-1, and grow the field. I guess that is why I'm doing what I'm doing and joe/Dana do what they do. Phone Post 3.0
4/25/13 2:49 AM
Fraser_Finlay
224 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lol, I thought Tate and Carmouche were dropping to 125 and fighting for the vacant title. I'm pretty disappointed now as I thought we would see a Women's Flyweight division. Phone Post 3.0
4/25/13 2:58 AM
Clarence Parents
289 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This card is already shaping up to be pretty solid.
4/25/13 9:32 AM
forrestfan
339 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I know it's frowned upon to complain about a free card, but if it's these two fights plus Mitrione/Schaub on Fox, I'm complaining.
4/25/13 9:44 AM
RDJ
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

i thought tate and carmouche were fighting for a vacant 125 title. I was just imagining all the people bitching that 2 girls coming of losses would be getting a title shot.
4/25/13 11:00 AM
Aleck911
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

So they should throw them on the untelevised portion and not try to gain interest in their new women's division Phone Post 3.0
4/25/13 11:08 AM
Vader03
39 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

RampageFitsLikeAGlove -

No because it will be an exciting fight Phone Post 3.0
4/25/13 1:25 PM
crumbs

RampageFitsLikeAGlove - 
ender852 - 
RampageFitsLikeAGlove - 

main card cause tate has star power.

lets see the rest of the card before we pass judgement

She does?  Since when?

Look, Guillard vs Danzig and Yves/ Spencer Fisher are the card and are way at the bottom because the guys have lost a few recent fights, just like Tate/Carmouche have.  Tate/Carmouche have lost 5 of their last 8 fights together, and have been finished nearly every time.  Not to mention, the previous 4 are more well known and have done way more for the UFC, yet Dana puts the fight up top because they have vaginas.  Don't act like it's a given the chick fight will be more exciting than Guillard/Danzig or Yves/Fisher, both girls lost their last fight, neither are in title contention, yet they take the place of way more seasoned UFC vets.

None of those guys you listed have ever fought for a title in zuffa before. Liz and Tate have, very recently, strike while the irons they say. The fighters you listed are in established divisions, women's have had a total of 2 fights in the big show, gee I wonder which one they would rather show case

An honest question, Where the hell would you place the fight on the card ? Melvin,Mac , Edwards,fisher aren't exactly knocking on the title shot door,I wouldn't put top 5 ranked fight of Tate/Liz behind them, infact the entire main card so far, is filled with top ten ranked fighters.

Also you state they take the place of way more seasoned vets. When in reality, those fights would have had a very slim chance of making the main card anyways, regardless of the ONE women's fight on the card. You have the title fight, taking up at least 40 mins of the planned broadcast and then jake vs rory, and lawlor vs Tarec, which would be a crime if those weren't on the main card, leaving one fight left for the fox card. Tate/Liz Makes the most sense, Vay jay jay's or not.
4/25/13 3:08 PM
ender852
117 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

RampageFitsLikeAGlove - 

So you can honestly say with a straight face that you feel Liz Carmouche is a top 10 fighter?  If so, why?  Because she fought Ronda?  How quickly you all forget.  She lost her way out of SF, won 2 fights, has lost 3 of 5, and that EARNED her a main event PPV and prime spot on a Fox card.

top 10 zuffa, they only have like 6 girls on contract

4/25/13 3:24 PM
PeaceThroughStrength

Babyhand - 

I opened the page expecting to see a shit ton of bitching.
4/25/13 10:17 PM
Bentleysuper8

I'll be happy with this fight if Tate loses. Not really a fan.
4/25/13 10:21 PM
crumbs

RampageFitsLikeAGlove - 
ender852 - 
RampageFitsLikeAGlove - 

So you can honestly say with a straight face that you feel Liz Carmouche is a top 10 fighter?  If so, why?  Because she fought Ronda?  How quickly you all forget.  She lost her way out of SF, won 2 fights, has lost 3 of 5, and that EARNED her a main event PPV and prime spot on a Fox card.

top 10 zuffa, they only have like 6 girls on contract

LOL... good point

that was my whole point, who you or me think is top ten doesnt matter, when the UFC has there own ranking system, they will be less likely to place there own ranked fighters on the undercard if they dont have to.

you still didnt answer my question, where would you place the fight on the card??, if you were the head of Zuffa.
4/25/13 10:24 PM
GSPushedInMyStinkEye
423 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

@LilBrock....you actually needed someone to point that out to you? The fact that there's only like 6 women on the UFC roster?

Dude...stop getting so hung up on records and focus on the fights themselves. Meisha Tate vs Julie Kedzie was a great fight no matter how you look at it...so was Liz vs Rowdy. 

Just go with it man! From one MMA fan to another.

4/25/13 10:34 PM
JuniorCallMeMaybe

Babyhand -
The , is confusing isn't it. Phone Post 3.0
4/25/13 11:37 PM
GSPushedInMyStinkEye
423 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

^^^ I agree but The UFC is looking for profit over anything else. Spencer Fisher and those guys have had several chances in the limelight with mixed results. The reason that they are where they are has little or nothing to do with Tate or Carmouche. The worst thing the ladies did was bump them one rung below in the latter that they were already near the bottom of.

I like those guys too, but these ladies have RECENTLY put on great performances and they also represent a mostly untapped market...female MMA fans. In the end, The UFC would sacrifice anything for a ratings boost.

That being said, guys like SF are lucky casualties. They could be looking for a new gig instead of fighting on the undercard. Thems the breaks homie.

4/25/13 11:41 PM
RKing85
164 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

meh. Not overly excited for this one.

Not surprized it's going on the main card however. Even with both girls coming off losses.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.