UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> White issues challenge to boxer Fury

[ 1 ] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
4/24/13 11:42 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1032 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

Undefeated heavyweight boxer Tyson Fury has had a lot to say about MMA and it's fighters, and it hasn't been cordial. Fury has challenged UFC heavyweight champion Cain Velasquez to a fight and call the sport of MMA rubbish. Today UFC President Dana White responded:

"Come on over," UFC President Dana White said today. "We'll make a deal."

Prior to his 21st pro win this past Saturday, the undefeated boxer called MMA "rubbish" and told ESPN he had called out UFC heavyweight champ Cain Velasquez three times to no avail.

White is willing to accept the challenge on his fighter's behalf.

"You want to fight Cain? Come on over here," White said today during a fan Q&A. "You will get smashed."

read entire article...

4/24/13 11:43 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
John M
230 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Now shit gets real. Lets see if Fury will back up his talk.
4/24/13 11:46 PM
UGCTT_Stu0411
34 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

NotImpressedByYourScreenName - It's not often I jump on Dana's nuts but I'm grabbing with both hands on this one.

Fuck yea Dana! James Tonney II only this time it will be smash by strikes not sub. Phone Post 3.0
This. Although fury is only trying to get his name it there. His career is to young to suicide it already in the ufc.

Tony was after a payday, tyson is after publicity. Phone Post
4/24/13 11:50 PM
bknumber1
57 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I wouldn't give him the time of day. He just wants attention and this would give it to him. Phone Post 3.0
4/24/13 11:53 PM
FloridaStriker
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Put the spot light on him. Keep it on him while he is getting destroyed and embarrassed in a real fight. Remind the world that fighting and boxing are two different things
4/24/13 11:53 PM
2Fort
26 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Cain will fucking murder Tyson Fury.
4/24/13 11:56 PM
Got MMAlk
25 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Would watch Cain smash him for sure. Attention for Fury wouldn't affect me either way. Phone Post 3.0
4/24/13 11:58 PM
man meets fate

Edited: 04/24/13 11:59 PM
Cain wouldn't have the balls to stand with fury if his life depended on it. Cain takedown in 3 seconds, then whatever he wants after that.
4/25/13 12:02 AM
Happiness Bunny
142 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Is the deal for a caravan? It's for his meaam.
4/25/13 12:04 AM
ShakaFerreira
139 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Happiness Bunny - Is the deal for a caravan? It's for his meaam.
It's for a caravan. Top of the range and all that. Phone Post 3.0
4/25/13 12:05 AM
UGCTT_SidRival
437 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

For later Phone Post 3.0
4/25/13 12:05 AM
Taz Styles
3017 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I doubt Fury will accept.

4/25/13 12:13 AM
Logan Stantons finger
30 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fury won't accept, he knows he'd get his shit pushed in. Phone Post 3.0
4/25/13 12:15 AM
Eunuchorn
63 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

At least fury is gonna have to respond and turn it down, making him look like a little bitch since he started this.
4/25/13 12:17 AM
sgotwalks
864 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Musicosity -  The moment everyone realizes mma us superior...please let this happen. Phone Post

Oh, just shut the fuck up!

4/25/13 12:19 AM
boxingman

FloridaStriker - Put the spot light on him. Keep it on him while he is getting destroyed and embarrassed in a real fight. Remind the world that fighting and boxing are two different things

ahh nethier boxing or mma is fighting
newsflash,

there are just combat sports with different rules
and ofcourse the guy used to those rules will have the
advantage

fighting is something you see
on the street
in places like park lots, night clubs,malls,alley ways,bars whatever

not somewhere with rules and a ref yelling

are you ready lol
4/25/13 12:20 AM
Ip Man 81

sgotwalks -
Musicosity -  The moment everyone realizes mma us superior...please let this happen. Phone Post

MMA is superior. Put the top boxers verse the the top MMA fighters and see what happens. MMA wins them all. Phone Post 3.0
4/25/13 12:21 AM
FormrChamp

Ummmm, Fury gets tooled....BAD !!!!!! MMA is as close to a "real fight" as you're going to get. Boxer gets smashed....
4/25/13 12:23 AM
ender852
121 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

FloridaStriker - Put the spot light on him. Keep it on him while he is getting destroyed and embarrassed in a real fight. Remind the world that fighting and boxing are two different things

came on here to say this

4/25/13 12:29 AM
Jumbo Reverse Shrimp
28 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Stupid shit again. I remember when Kermit Cintron wanted to come to the UFC, but Dana wasn't having it because the guy had actually wrestled. Dana was too busy trying to prove MMA is better than boxing to try to get a quality fighter into the sport.
4/25/13 12:30 AM
12SixElbow
618 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Blah....

So over the boxing vs MMA thing. Of course Cain (With a fucking top tier wrestling pedigree) would beat a pro boxer in an MMA match. Of course Fury would beat Cain in the boxing ring, does it matter?

You're all tough

Both sports are fucking awesome.

4/25/13 12:32 AM
sgotwalks
864 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ip Man 81 - 
sgotwalks -

MMA is superior. Put the top boxers verse the the top MMA fighters and see what happens. MMA wins them all. Phone Post 3.0

You sound like a child. Truth is, we will never know. Every single matchup between top a top boxer and a top mma fighter has so many different variables to take into account on any given night, that is just makes you sound foolish to say one single fight between one of one, and one of the other will decide which sport is ultimately superior. For example, those still holding onto the James Toney fight as though it stood for anything are simply not clear in the mind. 

Tyson Fury is a hack who will likely be exposed in his next fight or two in a boxing ring, let alone getting into a cage and fighting the heavyweight champion of the UFC under MMA rules. Don't get me wrong, I would love to see it, and I would be pulling for pretty much anyone in the UFC to pull it off. However, there are boxers out there who I would love to see transition over and give it a go, and some who I believe could rock the MMA world to it's core with a few months of proper training. Either way, there is nothing but uncertainty at this point, and this fight here is certainly not a bench mark to rule one sport over the other by.

4/25/13 12:38 AM
dfw jr
1479 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Only one way to find out SAY YES FURY!!! I'm in!!! Phone Post
4/25/13 12:39 AM
The Mouth

12SixElbow - 

Blah....

So over the boxing vs MMA thing. Of course Cain (With a fucking top tier wrestling pedigree) would beat a pro boxer in an MMA match. Of course Fury would beat Cain in the boxing ring, does it matter?

You're all tough

Both sports are fucking awesome.

4/25/13 12:42 AM
sgotwalks

dfw jr -  Only one way to find out SAY YES FURY!!! I'm in!!! Phone Post

I think everybody is in on this one. Everybody but Fury..............I will be shocked if he jumps in to the MMA pool! Good on you for opening the door for him to do so though.

[ 1 ] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.