UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> White issues challenge to boxer Fury

4/25/13 10:37 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
jsdaugh34
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

First Toney, Now Fury. Let it happen. Make it happen dana!! Fury would get taken down and ground n pounded til he looked like hamburger meat.
4/25/13 10:38 AM
WOOFticket
422 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ahhh Phone Post
4/25/13 10:50 AM
sacredhate
118 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

i hate this shit.

2 different sports.

do mma practitioners mock pure BJJ guys or pure wrestlers? not for the most part. it's acknowledged that they are skills unto themselves worthy of respect.

somehow because boxing has been more popular in history and doesn't show much respect to mma folks think it's okay to disrespect back.

we all know that the "best boxers in mma" that rogan goes on and on about couldn't stand in the ring with the best boxers of the boxing world...but we fail to acknowledge that.

the whole rivalry is tiring.
4/25/13 11:09 AM
me101
58 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fightermindset.com, Owner
dfw jr -  Only one way to find out SAY YES FURY!!! I'm in!!! Phone Post

Dana, 

Please release a statement saying you're willing to match whatever he was paid in his last fight (won't be much) then bring it up at every press conference. 

He'll argue that the money isn't good enough in UFC and it will completely undermine him. The extra PPV's from the non converted boxing fans will easily make up the difference. 

Good luck, would be great if you can force Fury into taking this through the media 

4/25/13 11:18 AM
Chimp Strength
120 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

me101 -

Dana, 

Please release a statement saying you're willing to match whatever he was paid in his last fight (won't be much) then bring it up at every press conference. 

He'll argue that the money isn't good enough in UFC and it will completely undermine him. The extra PPV's from the non converted boxing fans will easily make up the difference. 

Good luck, would be great if you can force Fury into taking this through the media 

In all fairness I'm pretty sure the purse talked about for a fight with price wipes the floor with most UFC fighters pay, basic at least. I can't remember the exact figure but I'm sure it was £500k and I don't see it being worth while paying him it. Does he have any kind of following? Phone Post 3.0
4/25/13 11:20 AM
yellow wrkahlc
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ShakaFerreira - 
Happiness Bunny - Is the deal for a caravan? It's for his meaam.
It's for a caravan. Top of the range and all that. Phone Post 3.0

D'ya like dags?

4/25/13 11:24 AM
ShoeMoney
280 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Buy my book!, MFCEO

Dana just gave him a major spotlight.

Just like Mayweather (Sean Sherk call out) he will talk shit but never follow through.  

Why the hell would he.  Dana is not going to give him anything close to the money he is making in boxing AND he has a possibility of ending his boxing career with the beatdown he will be getting.

4/25/13 11:25 AM
Yussarian
31 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

A good way to shut him up. It's not as much as MMA vs. Boxing, more like, MMA vs. a douchebag. Many great boxer are respectful towards MMA and the same goes for MMA fighters. Fury wanted attention, well, now he's got it.

For us fight fans? win - win.
4/25/13 11:25 AM
ShoeMoney
280 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Buy my book!, MFCEO
Chimp Strength - 
me101 -

Dana, 

In all fairness I'm pretty sure the purse talked about for a fight with price wipes the floor with most UFC fighters pay, basic at least. I can't remember the exact figure but I'm sure it was £500k and I don't see it being worth while paying him it. Does he have any kind of following? Phone Post 3.0

Well thats cheap imo.  Brock was getting close to that or more and that brought a huge new audience which I think still has the PPV record.

4/25/13 11:43 AM
ChaosOverkill
649 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

i would look like Cain vs Bigfoot only way worse

4/25/13 11:51 AM
SKARHEAD
60 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

GregNoActionJackson - 
CRMartin11 - I'd rather see Roy Nelson, Matt Mitrione, Travis Browne or someone else destroy him. Don't waste Cain's time with this crap. He's got a lot of worthy competitors.
This guy knows what's up. Feed him a lower top 10 or lower and he still loses Phone Post

No he does NOT know what's up....he threw Mitrione in there.

What's Mitrione going to do ? He's no takedown machine or grappler....He will stand and trade.

lol
4/25/13 11:58 AM
Chimp Strength
120 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ShoeMoney -
Chimp Strength - 
me101 -

Dana, 

Well thats cheap imo.  Brock was getting close to that or more and that brought a huge new audience which I think still has the PPV record.

That's my point. Someone like Brock brings money with him, no-one cares about Tyson Fury so he's not going to be a money spinner. Phone Post 3.0
4/25/13 11:58 AM
chaplinshouse
781 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

SouthernGent - Its funny dana ignores guys with wrestling back grounds like cintron, berto and alvarado.

why are they talking shit on mma too? 

4/25/13 12:03 PM
SKARHEAD
60 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MMANOOB695 - 

Make it interesting Dana...   offer him Anderson Silva or even GSP!

LOL, yes PLEASE give him Anderson Silva so we can see him try and strike mwithn this guy and get clowned...would be funny seeing Anderson trying awkward takedowns on the much bigger fighter once he gets put in heels on the feet. Tyson isn't Forrest who will wily from a jab.
4/25/13 12:04 PM
SKARHEAD

Quik -  Pffft Cain would beat Tye Fields 2.0 in a boxing match, let alone an mma fight. Phone Post

No he won't . He'd get put to sleep.
4/25/13 12:07 PM
SKARHEAD

You guys are funny....In a sport where Chris Leben w/ his slow sloppy windmill punches is a dangerous "star" and Junior Dos Santos w/ his low D level boxing became a VERY dominant UFC champion (beating killers and ex champs including Cain himself)suddenly someone like Tyson Fury doesn't have a hope in any kind of a fight.....Let this guy get a year of training and he PLOWS through JDS and Mark Hunt just for starters. If he develops any kind of a base/takedown defense he could pretty much own the division.
4/25/13 12:08 PM
Haulport

Don't need your HW champ to be this guy. Use a bloated middleweight (Okami without cutting) take him down and beat his face in...
4/25/13 12:12 PM
Seats Taken
192 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Why is everyone saying pay this dude what ever he wants??? Fuck that, I'm going to call out Jon Jones and demand a million dollars. If the guy wants to trash talk make it interesting

1000 dollars to show/250k to win or something like that. Don't drop a dime on this guy to get his ass kicked and make more than the whole under card combined. Phone Post 3.0
4/25/13 12:13 PM
Lobo8

Edited: 04/25/13 12:13 PM
This is a good idea. It would bring alot of ufc attention to the u.k. Would be a perfect fit to help launch their new tv deal too. Imagine all the uk boxing fans seeing cain destroy him. It would be great for the sport. DO IT DANA!!!!
4/25/13 12:19 PM
MMA Playwrite
808 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Shit, I was hoping that Dana himself was going to fight Fury.

Make it happen!
4/25/13 12:20 PM
chaplinshouse
781 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

SKARHEAD - You guys are funny....In a sport where Chris Leben w/ his slow sloppy windmill punches is a dangerous "star" and Junior Dos Santos w/ his low D level boxing became a VERY dominant UFC champion (beating killers and ex champs including Cain himself)suddenly someone like Tyson Fury doesn't have a hope in any kind of a fight.....Let this guy get a year of training and he PLOWS through JDS and Mark Hunt just for starters. If he develops any kind of a base/takedown defense he could pretty much own the division.

there is no way he can suddenly develop TD defense good enough to stop guys that have been hardcore wrestling on an elite level for as long as they have.  

4/25/13 12:20 PM
Zaph
182 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ozzabong -
Zaph - Isn't it a little insecure to have him fight a champion? If a boxer has nothing for an MMA fighter, shouldn't he be invited to fight an unranked HW? Phone Post
Fury is the one calling Cain out. Phone Post 3.0
I know, but why grant him his wish? I'd tell him that if he wants to fight Cain, he can work his way up like everybody else. Either that, or offer him a spot as a contestant on TUF. Phone Post
4/25/13 12:47 PM
SKARHEAD

SouthernGent - 
sacredhate - i hate this shit.

2 different sports.

do mma practitioners mock pure BJJ guys or pure wrestlers? not for the most part. it's acknowledged that they are skills unto themselves worthy of respect.

somehow because boxing has been more popular in history and doesn't show much respect to mma folks think it's okay to disrespect back.

we all know that the "best boxers in mma" that rogan goes on and on about couldn't stand in the ring with the best boxers of the boxing world...but we fail to acknowledge that.

the whole rivalry is tiring.

This. Why do MMA fans shit on pure boxers but love pure BJJ/Wrestling/Muay thai guys?

What happened to marcelo garcia when he tried MMA? Does that make BJJ unworthy? What happened to badr hari when he tried MMA? Oh I guess kickboxing is shit too. At least a 50 year old mercer K.O'd sylvia.

SOOO true...The LOVE the other less popular single sports/styles that make up MMA...but always ALWAYS hate on the only combat sport that legit surpasses it in popularity, boxing.

Meanwhile MMA fighters have spent that last 15 years trying their damndest to improve the one are they suck the most at: BOXING

lol
4/25/13 12:52 PM
bryanand
20 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The difference is the top stars in MMA are not talking shit about boxing to promote their fights, whereas guys like Floyd and Fury regularly trash MMA to promote theirs

Why should MMA tolerate guys like Floyd and Fury talk shit to promote their sports? You don't hear GSP promoting his fight by claiming we would bitchslap Bernard Hopkins(who is a bad example to use because he actually respects MMA)
4/25/13 12:57 PM
rrg1

bryanand - The difference is the top stars in MMA are not talking shit about boxing to promote their fights, whereas guys like Floyd and Fury regularly trash MMA to promote theirs

Why should MMA tolerate guys like Floyd and Fury talk shit to promote their sports? You don't hear GSP promoting his fight by claiming we would bitchslap Bernard Hopkins(who is a bad example to use because he actually respects MMA)

How would they talk shit lol?

"Hey man, come over, fight me and make 1/10th of what you make in boxing!!!"

I don't think people doing the honest comparison are talking about MMA fighters but moreso the "fans". It's those guys who are the morons.

What' cute about this entire thing though is this; It's coming from Dana. A guy who is pretty much a known fraud when it comes to his lying about his boxing experience lol.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.