UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> White issues challenge to boxer Fury

4/25/13 12:20 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
chaplinshouse
650 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

SKARHEAD - You guys are funny....In a sport where Chris Leben w/ his slow sloppy windmill punches is a dangerous "star" and Junior Dos Santos w/ his low D level boxing became a VERY dominant UFC champion (beating killers and ex champs including Cain himself)suddenly someone like Tyson Fury doesn't have a hope in any kind of a fight.....Let this guy get a year of training and he PLOWS through JDS and Mark Hunt just for starters. If he develops any kind of a base/takedown defense he could pretty much own the division.

there is no way he can suddenly develop TD defense good enough to stop guys that have been hardcore wrestling on an elite level for as long as they have.  

4/25/13 12:20 PM
Zaph
130 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ozzabong -
Zaph - Isn't it a little insecure to have him fight a champion? If a boxer has nothing for an MMA fighter, shouldn't he be invited to fight an unranked HW? Phone Post
Fury is the one calling Cain out. Phone Post 3.0
I know, but why grant him his wish? I'd tell him that if he wants to fight Cain, he can work his way up like everybody else. Either that, or offer him a spot as a contestant on TUF. Phone Post
4/25/13 12:47 PM
SKARHEAD
62 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

SouthernGent - 
sacredhate - i hate this shit.

2 different sports.

do mma practitioners mock pure BJJ guys or pure wrestlers? not for the most part. it's acknowledged that they are skills unto themselves worthy of respect.

somehow because boxing has been more popular in history and doesn't show much respect to mma folks think it's okay to disrespect back.

we all know that the "best boxers in mma" that rogan goes on and on about couldn't stand in the ring with the best boxers of the boxing world...but we fail to acknowledge that.

the whole rivalry is tiring.

This. Why do MMA fans shit on pure boxers but love pure BJJ/Wrestling/Muay thai guys?

What happened to marcelo garcia when he tried MMA? Does that make BJJ unworthy? What happened to badr hari when he tried MMA? Oh I guess kickboxing is shit too. At least a 50 year old mercer K.O'd sylvia.

SOOO true...The LOVE the other less popular single sports/styles that make up MMA...but always ALWAYS hate on the only combat sport that legit surpasses it in popularity, boxing.

Meanwhile MMA fighters have spent that last 15 years trying their damndest to improve the one are they suck the most at: BOXING

lol
4/25/13 12:52 PM
bryanand
20 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The difference is the top stars in MMA are not talking shit about boxing to promote their fights, whereas guys like Floyd and Fury regularly trash MMA to promote theirs

Why should MMA tolerate guys like Floyd and Fury talk shit to promote their sports? You don't hear GSP promoting his fight by claiming we would bitchslap Bernard Hopkins(who is a bad example to use because he actually respects MMA)
4/25/13 12:57 PM
rrg1
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

bryanand - The difference is the top stars in MMA are not talking shit about boxing to promote their fights, whereas guys like Floyd and Fury regularly trash MMA to promote theirs

Why should MMA tolerate guys like Floyd and Fury talk shit to promote their sports? You don't hear GSP promoting his fight by claiming we would bitchslap Bernard Hopkins(who is a bad example to use because he actually respects MMA)

How would they talk shit lol?

"Hey man, come over, fight me and make 1/10th of what you make in boxing!!!"

I don't think people doing the honest comparison are talking about MMA fighters but moreso the "fans". It's those guys who are the morons.

What' cute about this entire thing though is this; It's coming from Dana. A guy who is pretty much a known fraud when it comes to his lying about his boxing experience lol.
4/25/13 12:57 PM
SKARHEAD
62 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

bozy - 
chaplinshouse -
SKARHEAD - You guys are funny....In a sport where Chris Leben w/ his slow sloppy windmill punches is a dangerous "star" and Junior Dos Santos w/ his low D level boxing became a VERY dominant UFC champion (beating killers and ex champs including Cain himself)suddenly someone like Tyson Fury doesn't have a hope in any kind of a fight.....Let this guy get a year of training and he PLOWS through JDS and Mark Hunt just for starters. If he develops any kind of a base/takedown defense he could pretty much own the division.

there is no way he can suddenly develop TD defense good enough to stop guys that have been hardcore wrestling on an elite level for as long as they have.  

Exactly. We heard all this before with Couture vs Toney. Phone Post

You make it sound like it is absolutely impossible for a striker to develop a solid takedown defense...or that there could never be a boxer combat athlete that could have a good natural base and ten develop a solid takedown defense game from there.

What was Junior Dos Santos before he stepped into a BJJ/MMA gym ? Nothing. Just a big guy that sold ice cream cones...He develops a rudimentary low D level boxing technique and purple belt level BJJ....With his natural TD defense and drilling he becomes a very VERY dominat UFC HW champion...still the # 2 man as a matter of fact.

You're saying it's impossible for a boxer to be born w/ a good natural base, drill TD defense and go from there ? Junior, a D level boxer is the only man capable of this ?

People said the same thing about kickboxers...the Igor Vovchanchin and later Cro Cop proved them wrong. Just takes the right athlete from that sport with certain attributes and a willingless to train MMA seriously.

Forget about James Toney...Do you actually think he seriouly trained even 5 minutes for this fight ? Really ?

lol

All that's needed is for a tough boxing athlete w/ a good natural base to jump in the mix and you woul all shut up fast....Same thiung was said about Karate....Then Machida comes along w/ a sick takedown defense and next thing you you he takes the belt and it's the "Machida era !!".

BUt no, boxing is different. Right.
4/25/13 1:14 PM
BJ_Penmanship
115 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Happiness Bunny - Is the deal for a caravan? It's for his meaam.
And keep in mind she's partial to perrywinkle blue boys! Phone Post 3.0
4/25/13 1:32 PM
Pghreal412
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Jds wants to try his hand at boxing so why not match him up against Fury in a boxing match then mma fight Phone Post
4/25/13 1:38 PM
Vril

Edited: 04/25/13 1:39 PM

Tyson Fury talking sh*t: A Compilation

A weaker version of Chael P. Sonan...

4/25/13 1:44 PM
Seats Taken
132 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Boxers are good at boxing
Wrestlers are good at wrestling
Kick boxers are good at kick boxing
BJJ'rs are good at BJJing
Mixed Martial artists are good at mixed martial arts.

When you get to the elite of these sports cross over doesn't work out well, when you train purely in 1 art. It's not UFC 1. Phone Post 3.0
4/25/13 1:58 PM
supremexb

stonepony - 
fatNlazy - boxing > MMA

remember what happened to former mma champ tim sylvia..

Cain would in the first, and he wouldn't need a take-down to do it. One leg kick and Fury faints like a girl.

Ask Trevor Berbick, ran out of the ring crying. Boxing just isn't a martial art, it's not fighting, it's one-dimensional and the fact is that Fury doesn't have the skillset to compete. He's limited.

GSP would wreck him. So would Jose Aldo.

Boxing isnt a martial art, really? Why do people hate boxing so much here? Obviously this guy loses to Cain unless cain is dumb enough to stand with him. lmao at Aldo beating him.
4/25/13 1:58 PM
supremexb

Edited: 04/25/13 2:09 PM
double
4/25/13 2:17 PM
Haulport

supremexb - double

I love boxing and, yes, Jose would beat the 6'9" 260lbs. Fury.

He would take him down and submit him.

Years ago Gil Castillo (170lbs journeyman fighter) submitted 250lbs. John McLaughlin from the tampa bay bucs over and over again in a closed door grappling challenge match. And Steve had a wrestling background...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eRpwbA75Fc4
4/25/13 2:25 PM
supremexb

Haulport - 
supremexb - double

Years ago Gil Castillo (170lbs journeyman fighter) submitted 250lbs. John McLaughlin from the tampa bay bucs over and over again in a closed door grappling challenge match. And Steve had a wrestling background...

i guess its possible but i think aldo cant close the distance without eating a shot.
4/25/13 2:26 PM
supremexb

Haulport - 
supremexb - double

there was no striking in that video.
4/25/13 2:58 PM
gatorlaw
25 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Imagine the shitstorm if Fury flash KO'd Cain a la Cain JDS 1... Phone Post
4/25/13 3:05 PM
stonepony

Pghreal412 -  Jds wants to try his hand at boxing so why not match him up against Fury in a boxing match then mma fight Phone Post

Who wants to watch boxing?
4/25/13 3:14 PM
snobordr
52 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Eunuchorn - At least fury is gonna have to respond and turn it down, making him look like a little bitch since he started this.

Unless he responds and says "great, send Cain over to me for a boxing match first"

4/25/13 3:16 PM
iCameiLostiRetiredDiaz

Caun would blow his knee out with an early leg kick before he shoots Phone Post 3.0
4/25/13 3:16 PM
iCameiLostiRetiredDiaz

iCameiLostiRetiredDiaz - Caun would blow his knee out with an early leg kick before he shoots Phone Post 3.0
Cain* Phone Post 3.0
4/25/13 3:21 PM
bryanand
20 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

rrg1 - 
bryanand - The difference is the top stars in MMA are not talking shit about boxing to promote their fights, whereas guys like Floyd and Fury regularly trash MMA to promote theirs

How would they talk shit lol?

"Hey man, come over, fight me and make 1/10th of what you make in boxing!!!"

I don't think people doing the honest comparison are talking about MMA fighters but moreso the "fans". It's those guys who are the morons.

What' cute about this entire thing though is this; It's coming from Dana. A guy who is pretty much a known fraud when it comes to his lying about his boxing experience lol.

How do they talk shit? Listen to Floyd before every fight he has. Here are some gems:

"Mixed martial arts is for beer drinkers. Boxing is for everybody. You can't take my shoes off, take my shirt off and just throw me in a cage. You do that with animals. You can't do that with—you don't do that to humans."

"How is Machida as good as Floyd Mayweather? Because he’s beaten a few unskilled bar room fighters? At the end of the day, you already know, when you watch Floyd Mayweather you see the past, present and future of the sport. Machida don’t deserve to be mentioned in he same breath as me. Kousta Tszyu would whip up on his stank ass anyway.”
4/25/13 3:34 PM
QTyp
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

As an extra incentive to Tyson, tell him that if just goes the 15min distance with Cain win or lose, that Cain will go 15min with him in boxing. I would bet that Velasquez could last 5x3min in a boxing ring vs Fury, but no way in hell does Fury survive 3 rounds in the Octagon.

Ideally, I'd rather have Fury's first match in the UFC against a guy like Hunt or Barry, someone that would stop him on the feet. This would be much more intriguing but it seems Tyson is adamant about calling out the champ.
4/25/13 3:38 PM
crwhitlock
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

In an MMA fight Jose would smash him, just like any other UFC fighter would. When your on your back with no idea how to defend yourself it doesn't matter how tall you are or how hard you can punch. Watch the takedown clinic GSP put on Laraque to see how hard it is to take a big guy down.
4/25/13 3:49 PM
Chris27

I would enjoy watching Cain smash on Fury but its kind of pointless, would rather Cain vs DC, Werdum, JDS/Hunt.

Fury will say they arent offering him enough money to fight in the UFC, that will be his excuse.

How big is Fury in the UK? He seems like a Bisping/Sonnen mix which could be why Dana is interested in him. Cain vs Fury could do big business in the UK.
4/25/13 3:52 PM
ranier wolfcastle
633 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

lol

no doubt cain takes him down and subs him at will

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.