UnderGround Forums

S&C UnderGround >> couple questions...

4/25/13 12:18 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
TheThrill
17 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

so ive been doing 5-3-1 for close to 2 years now with a month break here and there,and have seen great results in my strength,which is what i was looking to improve

however,at this point in time im looking to mainly drop weight,and i have a couple of questions that ive always wondered about

1.everything ive read says that you should continue with resistance training even when trying to lose weight,i assume this to be true?

2.i keep getting bigger while following 5-3-1...i know thats because im eating a calorie surplus,but my question is should i continue following 5-3-1 while in a deficit? or should i switch to a circuit? bodyweight?

3.if the answer to question 2 is a circuit or bodyweight for my resistance training,how many sets and reps am i looking at?

thanks for your help,sorry if these are stupid questions haha
4/25/13 12:47 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Chocolate Shatner
140 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Stay with 5-3-1. Recognize, the entire gain is based off of caloric surplus. If you go to caloric defecit, you will lose weight regardless of being on 5-3-1 or not. Just also rcognize that if you do stay on 5-3-1 and lose weight, your numbers will either stay the same or drop some as you lose weight.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.