UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> The Warrior Diet (Rousey's Diet)

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

4/25/13 3:34 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Aaronrodgers=GOAT
1470 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

. Phone Post
4/25/13 3:35 PM
The Paragon
21 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Just_Scrap - Made me feel like shit... After a year and a half of paleo I'll never try anything else. I'm in the best shape of my life and couldn't imagine eating any other way. Phone Post 3.0
Paleo has changed my life as well...physically, mentally, and emotionally...i feel fucking magnificent Phone Post 3.0
4/25/13 3:57 PM
vegard
30 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I went paleo two and a half years ago. Best thing I ever did. I used to go crazy if I didn't eat every 3 or 4 hrs.

Now i eat when I want to. My body can go all day without eating if necessary.

I usually IF for two days of the week. I won't eat anything at all during the day until about 8 p.m. after training. I really like to train in a fasted state.

I used to get the bonk about once a month or more during training. Now I can't remember the last time I bonked.

And it is so freeing to go all damn day without having to worry about eating.

I'm convinced that everything I learned about diet and that we're taught about food is just plain wrong.
4/25/13 4:26 PM
U4EA
186 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"I'm convinced that everything I learned about diet and that we're taught about food is just plain wrong."

One of the reasons I dont like to describe paleo/WD as a "diet" is because it's not. It's simply an understanding of our natural eating patterns and food stuffs.

Thinking back to when I first read about it and I thought "no carbs? Can that really be right?". I am Scottish (born and raised) and this environment can be brutal at times. Good luck to anybody who wants to go outside and find anything that is high GI that isn't processed/farmed.

For the record, I happened to start doing the WD a few days ago, having previously done paleo. I stop eating around 8PM, dont eat again until noon. Today, I have walked about 12 miles - including 5 this morning on a 15 hour fast and while hungry and I had much more energy/mental clarity than I had when I used to do the same walk after eating beforehand. I walked about another 6 tonight, eaten a little when I came back home. Will be interesting to see what my energy levels are like tomorrow.
4/25/13 4:32 PM
Wiggy
458 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm convinced that everything I learned about diet and that we're taught about food is just plain wrong.

Yes.

4/25/13 4:39 PM
wrongaboutVitali
63 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I hate eating. If I could take a pill and never have to eat again, I probably would.

Would the WD benefit someone like me who doesn't get to train as often as he used to because of work etc.? If I could get away with eating one meal a day it would be great.
4/25/13 4:40 PM
U4EA
186 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

wrongaboutVitali - I hate eating. If I could take a pill and never have to eat again, I probably would.

Would the WD benefit someone like me who doesn't get to train as often as he used to because of work etc.? If I could get away with eating one meal a day it would be great.

Sir, it would suit you down to the ground.
4/25/13 4:51 PM
MMALOGIC
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 04/25/13 5:10 PM

the one big meal a day works.  Make sure it is all wholesome (not refined or processed) food and ideally organic. 

after switching to the following meal plan my performance gains have improved termendously (mental/physical) and it seems my hormones and testosterone are through the roof like when I was in my late teens.

this is what I eat:

when I wake up:  I tablespoon raw honey and then glass full of raw whole milk (the milk you get from an organic farm not the milk you get from the grocery store)

I excercise right after (wieights, sprints, etc...  i know some studies say to excercise on an empty stomach but try the raw milk pre workout and see the difference.)

About an hour and a half after the workout I eat a raw whole food multivatim (the best on Ive found is here: https://www.thesynergycompany.com/v/ov_vmh_men.html ) with a glass of water.

around 3 hours later I eat a banana and 2 dates then my one full meal right after:

- 2 slices of ezikiel bread (the best and only grain you should ever eat)

- a meat poured on top of the bread (grass fed meat, free range chicken or a wild fish)

- extra virgin olive oil poured all over the meat and bread.  

- apple cider vinegar or white vinergar poured all over like the olive oil.

- organic olives as a side.

- and a good slice of raw cheddar cheese at the end (must be raw from a farm and organic).

- I down all this with a green drink with cayenne pepper (the best green drink ive found is  http://www.thesynergycompany.com/v/pure_synergy.html )

(if you dont want to maintain or build size then switch the olives with a different side to lose weight)

I fast 3 days a month (no food or drink between sunrise to sunset) and I dont eat meat or grains during these days.

4/25/13 4:56 PM
U4EA

Edited: 04/25/13 4:55 PM
This is from CharlesTRose's WD blog.

4/25/13 4:59 PM
wrongaboutVitali
63 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

U4EA - 
wrongaboutVitali - I hate eating. If I could take a pill and never have to eat again, I probably would.

Haha, thanks.
4/25/13 5:02 PM
U4EA

wrongaboutVitali - 
U4EA - 

Haha, thanks.

The only thing people would find hard about the diet is: -

1) Not overeating
2) Eating shit that is going to interfere with your digestion/body chemistry/warp you hormone profiles.

Providing you are eating clean, you are basically already on the WD diet. Just make sure you have a good meal in there and avoid eating shit.

BTW, IIRC, Fedor also only ate 1 meal per day.
4/25/13 5:16 PM
Bobby Lupo
192 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

My friend had great results with the WD. He uses it while cutting and looks like fucking beef jerky in the summer. For me, it was a nightmare. I had no energy, was cranky and completely flat in the gym. I'm more of a just eat clean (fruit, veg, protein, legumes) when you're hungry kind of guy, and that works for me.

4/25/13 5:22 PM
joemama1034
33 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

In Phone Post
4/25/13 5:34 PM
domernd1
64 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ttt Phone Post 3.0
4/25/13 5:38 PM
Karl Olsson
47 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BernardHopkins -
Karl Olsson - 
Yes ive tried the warrior diet, but keep in mind warrior diet and intermittent fasting is not the same, warrior diet has a set of rules and intermittent fasting is basically fast a large part of the day, or eat once a day, and IF is where most of my experience is.

For someone who works out quite alot(3-6 days a week, Muay thai, strength and cardio, etc) it has been working quite well. For the strength workouts i feel just as strong or not stronger while doing them on an empty stomach. I have been supplementing with BCAA before, during and after workouts as well, but no whey.

For the Thaiboxing and for example Running i seem to be able to perform better if i have some carbs before, if this is true or maybe its all in my head i can not tell for sure, the margin is so small.

For me IF has been a way to really care about what i eat, i eat two big plates a day, one salad and one plate with protein and carbs. You see, when i eat during all of the day i just eat like whatever i get my hands on, but now when i eat just two times a day i really think about getting a good source of protein and proper carbs and oh the salad i would probably not even eat if i ate all day, but now i am so hungry when it comes to my first meal(the salad) so i will down it and i love the avocados, spinach, tomatos, beans, cottage cheese, etc.

I seem to have leaned out some while i started with this diet but i cant tell for sure since no tests have been done and i dont keep a look at my weight at all. What i do know is that i feel really good doing it, and my hard earned muscles have not gone to shit LoL :p

This is probably not for everyone, like the missus who have trouble with stomach acids and need to eat small meals every hour to not feel the burn in her throat and etc. And i used to be the guy that got really cranky when i didnt get to eat whenever i felt hungry but my food cravings have mostly disappeared.

Theese are just my experiences and i am in no way knowledgeable in nutrition and diet i am just an interested guy that likes to experience.

Cheers!

if your woman feels acid burn that is eased by eating food, she could have an ulcer that can be treated pretty easily

at the very minimum i would get some prilosec for her and the symptoms should be fixed

id really say she needs to see a Dr. just to get an expert opinion
Thank you for your pointers but she have been to the doctors several times and have been prescribed the best medicines there are. She have stressed her body to the point that that she have ruptured the thingy that closes your stomach so the acids dont go up your throat(god damn i cant think of the english word but maybe you know what i mean). She has to start live a life with less stress but in todays society that is, as we know, easier said then done. Phone Post
4/25/13 5:59 PM
wrongaboutVitali

U4EA - 
wrongaboutVitali - 
U4EA - 

Haha, thanks.

The only thing people would find hard about the diet is: -

1) Not overeating
2) Eating shit that is going to interfere with your digestion/body chemistry/warp you hormone profiles.

Providing you are eating clean, you are basically already on the WD diet. Just make sure you have a good meal in there and avoid eating shit.

BTW, IIRC, Fedor also only ate 1 meal per day.

Yeah, that would be the hard part--eating clean. Sometimes convenience wants you to throw down a pizza or a burger or two.

I'd eat bacon and eggs and steak like crazy if that works. What about carbs? How strict is the diet on carb type?
4/25/13 6:48 PM
U4EA

I dont think the WD is really that carb restrictive. Well, not like paleo is. I eat carbs, but in small amounts. I think the idea is still to get eat paleo pretty much, with carbs to suit.

You are basically looking to cut back on carbs, no wheat, no sugar, processed foods etc.

Bacon, eggs, steak... that is all good. I personally don't eat eggs as I think I am allergic to them. So, yeah... meat, eggs, greens, fruits, nuts, seeds. That is pretty much all it is, combined with periods of fasting, followed by a period of low calorie intake, followed by a decent meal or two (like the video above).

But I think if you try to do that while regularly eating junk food, you might find it's very counter-productive and you won't get the desired result.

And, for the love of God, why on earth do you not like eating?
4/25/13 6:49 PM
CLINT NJHC
74 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I did IF last year bc I put on a small amount of weight quick, and wanted to be leaner as fast as possible in the summer. It was great for me, and I got lean quick. But with my busy schedule sometimes IF doesn't really work. So now I basically eat 1 moderate meal in the afternoon whenever I get the chance maybe around noon or as late as 3pm (a sandwich, carbs and protein, a salad, etc) and at night I eat essentially as much as I want- however keep in mind I'm not the biggest "eater" in the world.

At the end of the day, a lot of what we're taught about nutrition is bullshit. By playing around with different methods of dieting and finding something that suits you, as long as you're

1. Keeping a control on calories, according to what you burn.
and
2. Consistently working out in an intelligent way with a bit of intensity...
you can get in awesome shape and be happy, have energy, etc etc etc!

If The Warrior Diet interests you, try it! There are certainly a lot of people out there that it's working for.
:)
4/25/13 6:52 PM
microMx
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I might try this one, need to get rid of like 15 lbs, slow carb(the one on the timothy ferris book) have worked for me in the past
4/25/13 8:55 PM
wrongaboutVitali

U4EA - I dont think the WD is really that carb restrictive. Well, not like paleo is. I eat carbs, but in small amounts. I think the idea is still to get eat paleo pretty much, with carbs to suit.

You are basically looking to cut back on carbs, no wheat, no sugar, processed foods etc.

Bacon, eggs, steak... that is all good. I personally don't eat eggs as I think I am allergic to them. So, yeah... meat, eggs, greens, fruits, nuts, seeds. That is pretty much all it is, combined with periods of fasting, followed by a period of low calorie intake, followed by a decent meal or two (like the video above).

But I think if you try to do that while regularly eating junk food, you might find it's very counter-productive and you won't get the desired result.

And, for the love of God, why on earth do you not like eating?

LOL. I guess I should clarify. It's not so much that I hate eating--I enjoy going out for a nice meal etc.--I just hate having to stop and do it during the day when I'm working. I find it tedious.

4/25/13 11:12 PM
wrongaboutVitali

Rambo John J - 
wrongaboutVitali - 
U4EA - 

Haha, thanks.

go for it man.

I really scare some people with my eating habits though.

THey constantly say "You have to eat SOMETHING."

I reply "no thanks I eat a huge dinner"

6'0" 180lbs lean machine.

What's a typical dinner for you like?
4/25/13 11:28 PM
John Clarke
46 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

. Phone Post 3.0
4/26/13 10:42 AM
wrongaboutVitali

Rambo John J - Big ass salad with Garden greens, garbanzo beans, olives, croutons, hemp hearts. dressing etc...

Steak or Chicken, Quinoa or rice or Risotto, Sauteed or steamed veggies(Broccolli, beets, onions garlic etc.)

I usually have a Big salad, seconds on the entree, a couple drinks , sometimes dessert.

I get all my calories and maybe more during that time.

Sound wacky but I feel good and am in Dog-Shape.

Thanks. Okay. Now the big question. Is beer allowed?
4/26/13 12:17 PM
microMx
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

first day lets see if I can do this, I ran like 5k and for 'breakfast' just a grapefruit

no hunger yet
4/26/13 12:22 PM
shiznit
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ive studied and practised caloric restriction and fasting for many years.just to clarify your not fasting if you have ANY calories during the fast period. Wether its 1 or 50 calories. Also supplements taken negate the fast period such as bcaa etc. caffeinated beverages also induce an insulin response which will also to some degree negate the fast. Water ONLY is a true fast. Also calories consumed during a 24 hour period will effect circadian rithyms and will also have a baring on the health benefits conferred during the fast period,as will eating at night. For instance fasting all day then eating 2000-2500 calories in a small window at night will confer negligible health benefits.

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.