UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> The Warrior Diet (Rousey's Diet)

4/26/13 12:22 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
shiznit
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ive studied and practised caloric restriction and fasting for many years.just to clarify your not fasting if you have ANY calories during the fast period. Wether its 1 or 50 calories. Also supplements taken negate the fast period such as bcaa etc. caffeinated beverages also induce an insulin response which will also to some degree negate the fast. Water ONLY is a true fast. Also calories consumed during a 24 hour period will effect circadian rithyms and will also have a baring on the health benefits conferred during the fast period,as will eating at night. For instance fasting all day then eating 2000-2500 calories in a small window at night will confer negligible health benefits.
4/26/13 1:11 PM
ya
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

shiznit - Ive studied and practised caloric restriction and fasting for many years.just to clarify your not fasting if you have ANY calories during the fast period. Wether its 1 or 50 calories. Also supplements taken negate the fast period such as bcaa etc. caffeinated beverages also induce an insulin response which will also to some degree negate the fast. Water ONLY is a true fast. Also calories consumed during a 24 hour period will effect circadian rithyms and will also have a baring on the health benefits conferred during the fast period,as will eating at night. For instance fasting all day then eating 2000-2500 calories in a small window at night will confer negligible health benefits.

So you would not recommend the WD?
4/26/13 1:12 PM
U4EA
137 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

microMx - first day lets see if I can do this, I ran like 5k and for 'breakfast' just a grapefruit

no hunger yet

Be careful about being too eager... your body will need to adjust itself.
4/26/13 1:19 PM
PhallicObjekt
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I follow the common sense diet.

If my pants feel tight I lay off the processed crap and eat healthier foods for a few weeks.

If my Pants start to feel loose I will be a little more loose on my diet and eat lots of the unhealthier stuff.

I work out 4-5 times a week doing weight training and running.

I am 31 and could wear my high school clothes if I still had them.
4/30/13 1:04 PM
microMx
28 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Well I survived the weekend without much problems, lets see how this week goes.

Gonna try at least 2 weeks to see what results I have.
5/3/13 1:08 PM
microMx
28 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

So, today is 1 week of taking this warrior diet

dropped 5 lbs (from 160 to 155, I'm a small guy)
had to adjust the belt 1 level

so, could be lots of things:

the calorie restriction

the almost complete removal of snacks (I still put 1 splenda packet to my coffee)

the almost complete removal of processed foods (Ate 2 hot dogs on Wednesday with ketchup and mustard)

Exercise is still the same (4k jog 3 times a week)

I feel fine, so I'm taking another week to see if still works
5/15/13 7:18 PM
microMx

well bro's, now I'm 150 and feeling fine, yeah I cheated on weekend but hoped on the bandwagon again on monday

I can keep this on and I feel great
5/15/13 7:44 PM
comeacrossclean
25 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

a most interesting thread. ttt
5/15/13 7:54 PM
TuLegit
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The Paragon -
Jo'donnell-Davies -

coconut water, kale shakes, alpha brain and tofu is all you need

You had me till tofu...soy is soo bad for your body Phone Post 3.0
Lol. Typical wannabe nutritionist. You have no idea how many pounds of pure soy you would have to eat to have the slightest affect on hormones.. Phone Post 3.0
5/15/13 8:29 PM
dhughes
360 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 05/15/13 8:29 PM
This has to be the most positive and friendly thread I have ever read on the UG.

Edit: Lol just saw TuLegit's post. :P
5/15/13 10:37 PM
Tbone21
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I thought about giving this diet a try, I just couldn't do it if I'm burning calories at work or the gym I feel like shit unless I eat alot, I tried the dolce diet but now I pretty much just eat whatever I can mostly healthy though Phone Post 3.0

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.